Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Fantasy > A cross between the Lord of the Rings and the Matrix

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John Hileman (johnmichaelhileman) | 10 comments I accidentally posted in another author's thread. So I'm making a quick repost here. Sorry for the confusion.

VRIN cover

VRIN: ten mortal gods by John Michael Hileman.

Beyond our waking minds, past the infinite dark where only whispers
live, is a secret place of such unimaginable importance, God
Himself has hidden it from us ... Until now.

Is Jason Tardin a god? The people of Vrin believe so, and why shouldn't they? After all, he has the power to manipulate the invisible wire structures upon which their world is painted. But, if he IS a god, then why can't he remember? Dreams, virtual reality, and the world between life and death collide in this surreal mystery, where nothing is quite as it seems.

Get VRIN: ten mortal gods here for FREE till Aug 1st.

VRIN: ten mortal gods is #3 on the Smashwords Bestseller list, and is a national writing contest finalist.
Download it FREE at Smashwords or straight to your Iphone, Ipad, or Kindle.

message 2: by Steven (new)

Steven (tbones) | 408 comments Sounds interesting.

message 3: by J. (new)

J. Guevara (jguevara) | 63 comments looks like an interesting read, well written, too.
Needs to use straight or smart quotes, but not both. rtf version. maybe the others are ok. and ahold is two words. (control-f-ahold). If I spot any others I'll let you know. If it's not in paperback yet, this is a good time to correct, no?
thanks, been looking for something like this. Cross between Lord of the Rings and Matrix grabbed me.

j (lower case)

message 4: by John (last edited Jul 14, 2010 08:02PM) (new)

John Hileman (johnmichaelhileman) | 10 comments j wrote: "looks like an interesting read, well written, too.
Needs to use straight or smart quotes, but not both. rtf version. maybe the others are ok. and ahold is two words. (control-f-ahold). If I sp..."

Thanks, j. I don't rightly know how those smart quotes got into the eBook, but I'm going to have that corrected immediately. They don't exist in the print version.

As for the word ahold, that's my fault. I insisted on re-writing the first chapter before it went to press, and it only got a once over edit. The rest of the book has been edited three times, and proofed by several test readers. There better not be any more errors. Hahaha. If there are, though, please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it.

Regards,
John Michael Hileman

message 5: by J. (new)

J. Guevara (jguevara) | 63 comments J(upper case), it's the rtf version. don't worry bout it. rtf NEVER survives the smashword meat grinder in tact. No paragraph or first line indent either, but I fixed it. that's the nice thing about rtf. I'm reading on a monitor, too.
I'll get it read asap. I usually don't do reviews; not good at it. Haven't got much time to read right now, but things should free up soon as I get this next one on amazon -- Keepers of Himal. it's doing well so far on smash with no promo. so am anxious to get it to createspace. If you'd like to read it, or the Twain novel, let me know, I'll send the coupon. fair deal, tit for tat mate.
I'd wish you luck, but luck's got nothing to do with it, right?
j (lower case) :)

message 6: by Paul (new)

Paul | 27 comments Hi J (upper case), I'm reading Vrin now, just past 50 pages so far. Intriguing - and thoroughly entertaining, although I have a few reservations. When finished, I'll let you have a copy of my review for your comments before I stick it on my blog.

message 7: by Sue (new)

Sue Bowling (sueannbowling) | 55 comments On straight vs. curly qu0tes, have you ruled out your word processor? You might want to look at "Wars with Word," for my experience in formatting text.