Outlander Series discussion

Archived > Scots attraction?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susan K. (new)

Susan K. K.  | 83 comments I discovered the Outlander series when the check-out person noticed that I had been buying books about Scotland, Scottish history, and maps of Scotland. (Planning a trip - I'm Scottish and English by heritage). She mentioned the books, and .....that was it for me. I have read them all, and am actually on my third reading of them. It's comforting to know that others are as taken with these stories as I am. My husband keeps looking at me quizzically, and asking why I'm reading the same books again.

But here is the weird thing - and I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this, or if I'm just a little loony: are you seeing and hearing Scots,
Scottish, Scotland stuff everywhere? For instance, there are clues about Scotland in the crosswords I do, and I didn't notice them before the past few months. "Ken" was an answer for one of the clues! There are Scots in TV commercials! With gorgeous accents! Don't remember seeing that before. I'm seeing stuff in magazines, the newspapers, and other media. What the heck??

So have these images and manifestations of all things Scottish been around, but I just wasn't attuned to them? Sometimes, when I've had a new car, I suddenly notice LOTS of other cars just like mine, although I didn't notice that model before that.

Maybe I'm just attracting all things Scottish because I'm thinking so much about Scotland. You, too?

message 2: by Heather (last edited Jul 11, 2010 08:04AM) (new)

Heather | 120 comments I feel it falls under the law of attraction. You buy a car and then you notice 100 more out on the road with you that were not there prior. The more you will, the more that comes. Your mind is open to it and now wants to see it but for whatever reason it is, it's a beautiful thing!!! :p

message 3: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (coinoperatedgirl) | 17 comments Every time I read the series, I start to think with a Scottish accent. happens to a coworker as well