The County Library discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
What Should I Read? > Amazon Releases Best Books List

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 371 comments Mod
Not content to wait for the end of the year, Amazon releases their "Best Books of the Year So Far" list. I'll post the link below, but here they are:
The Passage by Justin Cronin The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (Millennium, #3) by Stieg Larsson The Irresistible Henry House by Lisa Grunwald Country Driving A Journey Through China from Farm to Factory by Peter Hessler The Big Short Inside the Doomsday Machine by Michael Lewis Matterhorn A Novel of the Vietnam War by Karl Marlantes The Imperfectionists by Tom Rachman The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot Just Kids by Patti Smith The Lonely Polygamist by Brady Udall
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html...

message 2: by Tina (new)

Tina B (readinghonor) | 32 comments Jennifer wrote: "Not content to wait for the end of the year, Amazon releases their "Best Books of the Year So Far" list. I'll post the link below, but here they are:
The Passage by Justin Cronin The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca SklootIt's so not my usual fair, some of the prejudice and medical ignorance is hard to stomach, even though it's historically accurate. But, I couldn't put it down, every time I thought "No, I can't read anymore" the author added a new element, a new side plot or a new character, and the surprises just kept coming.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.