J.D. Robb discussion

In Death Books > Remember When (Spoiler Zone)

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) I read this one out of order of the In Death series. I hate when I do that! I really like the Robb portion of the story more than the Roberts.

message 2: by Jess (new)

Jess | 39 comments I loved this book! My friend gave it to me because I was asking if JD Robb's books were any good. So she handed me this one, and I actually liked the beginning story a bit better than the second story. But I have begun reading the In death series and I think it's great! I'm up to the tenth book or so, and I will eventually get to the end.

message 3: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments I'm currently re-listening to this book. What strikes me is how much I love the Nora Roberts section as much as the J.D. Robb section. It's great to have the two stories together, as I am the same age Lane and Max would be when Eve is alive. Wouldn't that be great to live that long in such good shape, together with the man you love? Order wise, it's situated right before Divided in Death, and since I started Divided already, I decided to go back and do this one before I finish the other.

Anyway, if you've never read Nora Roberts and are thinking about it, this book would be a great place to start.

message 4: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyssa_hesper) This was one of my favs of the series - it combined Nora & J.D.'s which gave you the best of both writers. I liked getting to know Lane & Max in the 1st story and then being able to follow-up on them in the 2nd.

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments can someone tell me whent the robb part of this book falls in the jd robb series? i agree with you, Miss Kim :)

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments oh jk thanks vanessa didnt see it untill now

message 7: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments i just started reading the book and i really am bored by the nora roberts section and am counting down the pages until i get to robb.

message 8: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments yay finally got to the ID part!

message 9: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyssa_hesper) and what a good part it is Elizabeth :)

message 10: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments haha i know! i really can't wait until i finish this book though and get back to Strangers because this books just seems so far behind, you know? like there are still a lot of Webster/Dallas references that no one cares about (much)anymore, and a lot of "omg peabodys a detective" and in my stage of the series, she is more relaxed about it.

anyway, i am at the part where Eve is beginning to look at Chew's son as the murderer.

oops SPOILER ABOVE***********************************

message 11: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 13663 comments Mod
Cast List (Big Jack only) (view spoiler)

There are no spoilers in the list. It's only set up this way because of its length and for easy reference.

message 12: by Belles (new)

Belles | 156 comments I only read Big Jack. My favorite parts were Peabody trying to figure out how to dress now that she's a detective and doesn't have to wear a uniform.