Forever a Warrior discussion

General > Rant

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Faith, The Thread Queen (new)

Faith (fulloffaith) | 1026 comments Mod
This could be just me, but I have a really problem with the way people role play in general. The first is how something bad just seems to happen. There just happened to be a fight and one tom took on a leader, a trained but injured warrior, and two new warriors and did enough damage to cause the leader to lose a life and one of the warriors to have a crushed rib cage. Then there is the fact that most cats know the herbs instead of just the medicine cat and apprentice. Or the fact that the apprentices get to do whatever they want. Or how warriors can turn their back on their clan, but still be fully accepted like nothing happened. Or how finding a mate is what every cat cares about.

I don't know if this is true in all the clans, but it is annoying and not that true to how the cats lived life. I am sure there were day where the most exciting thing that happened was an apprentice catching their first piece of prey.

Also it is rude to leave someone out. To say something to their cat and then just gone. At least give them on day to reply.

message 2: by Sephiroth, Back (new)

Sephiroth (Cinderbolt) | 657 comments Mod
WE RP differently then the books. We BASE the RP off of the books; the RP is not meant o be EXACTLY like the books. Our RPs go the way we want them to, and most cats don't know the herbs and aren't RPed that way, but yes, that does get tiresome, but I don't mind it much because I'm busy a lot more than usual this summer.

Any mod or person I specify can RP my important charries AS NEEDED.

message 3: by Ashley *Frostpool*, I miss everyone! (last edited Jul 06, 2010 02:50PM) (new)

Ashley *Frostpool* Hidame | 4014 comments Mod
I agree with you for the most part, Faith. Of course, that last part sometimes can't be helped. If the cat a user has is talking to another cat, but that user doesn't get on for a day or so, that user just doesn't want to sit for hourse doing nothing when they could be roleplaying. And the tom somebody asked me to roleplay wasn't supposed to do that much damage. Regan admitted that Duskpaw shouldn't have fainted when the tom batted her away with a blow to the shoulder. And when Tiny referred to Tawnyfur's wound as a crushed ribcage, she meant as in it felt crushed, not that it actually was crushed. As in, the tom crushed her ribcage...oh, you know what I mean! :P But I very much agree with you about the medicine cat issue, and the part about warriors turning their backs. Dovestar is the only one who has basically accepted him because she's blinded by love. If I had another charrie in RiverClan, he/she would most likely hate Blazeheart also. I think you have several points that have been overlooked, and some changes should be made. Thank you for bringing it up. I know most everyone could change their aspect on roleplaying, and make it a bit more realistic, including me.

message 4: by Sephiroth, Back (new)

Okay then...only med. cats and their apprentices know the herbs, then?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah

message 6: by Faith, The Thread Queen (new)

Your missing the point. I know that it is different than the books, but this is not my first role play. My point is SOMETHING does not always NEED to HAPPEN and that you DON'T need to LEAVE OUT the ACTIVE role players.

message 7: by Sephiroth, Back (new)

We don't leave out people.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Sephiroth wrote: "Okay then...only med. cats and their apprentices know the herbs, then?"

Unless you're like Sandstorm or Brightheart.

message 9: by Sephiroth, Back (new)

lol true.

message 10: by Ashley *Frostpool*, I miss everyone! (new)

fullofFaith wrote: "Your missing the point. I know that it is different than the books, but this is not my first role play. My point is SOMETHING does not always NEED to HAPPEN and that you DON'T need to LEAVE OUT the..."

No need to get mad. Did you see post 3?

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I did...

message 12: by Ashley *Frostpool*, I miss everyone! (new)

Wildpelt wrote: "Sephiroth wrote: "Okay then...only med. cats and their apprentices know the herbs, then?"

Unless you're like Sandstorm or Brightheart."

Oh and Jayfeather was teaching some of the apprentices the basic herbs, and that's acceptable. But that can't know every little detail and have a special memory for the herbs like a true medicine cat does. (Exceptions are allowed under certain circumstances)

message 13: by Faith, The Thread Queen (last edited Jul 06, 2010 02:56PM) (new)

I did, after I posted my post.

And I disagree about leaving people out. I checked this morning, then went to school. Checked a noon, like four hours later and there were at least 50 posts, more than one that were in response to what my cat said, then the others had moved on. I am just saying give the person a chance.

message 14: by Ashley *Frostpool*, I miss everyone! (new)

Oh, okay.

message 15: by Sephiroth, Back (new)

We try, but sometimes if something is going on, we can't stop...

message 16: by ♥ Regan ♥ (new)

♥ Regan ♥ (rubber_duck) | 201 comments Yeah, I admit Duskpaw shouldn't of fainted with the whole shoulder thing. xD It was just for dramatic effect and it was more shock than anything. Anyway, sorry about that, and Brokenpaw was only licking them, if I remember correctly ((But it's very possible I don't, since my memory is REALLY bad)).

message 17: by Ashley *Frostpool*, I miss everyone! (new)

Same here! :D

message 18: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) It also annoys me, but I think I'm right in saying that only humans and elephants cry... I know that cats can't, so just to let anyone know. Sorta bothers me, but not enough that I'd get mad. Just wanted to put that up there.

message 19: by Ashley *Frostpool*, I miss everyone! (new)

Well, I saw in the books that it said ____ cried, " _____ several times throughout the series, so that's the only reason I use it. What REALLY bugs me though, is when people say that ex: "I think so," Sunpaw said. Cats can't say things!! They meow them!

message 20: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) Cry like wail, but not tears. Yes that bugs me, too, but sometimes I feel like I say 'mewed' and 'meowed' too much.

message 21: by Ashley *Frostpool*, I miss everyone! (new)

Oh, yeah, I see what you mean. I get it :P

I know, same here. So I try to go with other things like their actions or another voice-verb thingy like croaked, or rasped, or called, or ect.

message 22: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) yeah, or like, Bluefall was concerned, "blahblahblah"

message 23: by Ashley *Frostpool*, I miss everyone! (new)

lol yeah. or Sunpaw approached Bluefall, "blahBLAhblahblablahblahh!"

message 24: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) Haha can you imagine if their whole conversation went like that? And then, 'Finchwing padded over,"WHAT are you two talking about, blahblahblah"

message 25: by Ashley *Frostpool*, I miss everyone! (new)

Dovestar glared at the three cats, "WHY do you keep saying blahblahblah?!"

"You just did, Dovestar," Emberpaw pointed out. <---the only sane one left! and each time neither of us used mew or meow! ^^

message 26: by Sephiroth, Back (new)

You don't have to tell how they're saying it if they say it normally.

message 27: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) :D yeah, I guess, but this's been fun!

message 29: by ♥ Regan ♥ (new)

♥ Regan ♥ (rubber_duck) | 201 comments And just to clear things up (because people always ask this) cats do not cry for emotional reasons! I guess we can pretend they do, but I'm sick of people asking. -.-

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

lol

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Ashley *Frostpool* wrote: "Wildpelt wrote: "Sephiroth wrote: "Okay then...only med. cats and their apprentices know the herbs, then?"

Oh and Jayfeather was teaching some of..."

yeah

message 32: by Ashley *Frostpool*, I miss everyone! (new)

Wildpelt wrote: "Ashley *Frostpool* wrote: "Wildpelt wrote: "Sephiroth wrote: "Okay then...only med. cats and their apprentices know the herbs, then?"

Oh and Jayfeath..."

If you look at the top of this comment, it looks very confusing cause everybody seemed to write something. :)

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

lol yep! =D

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Ashley *Frostpool* wrote: "Wildpelt wrote: "Ashley *Frostpool* wrote: "Wildpelt wrote: "Sephiroth wrote: "Okay then...only med. cats and their apprentices know the herbs, then?"

Unless you're like Sandstorm or Brightheart..."

hehe

message 35: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) It's annoying when people are rp-ing their cats, and they just use pronouns. Then, if I want to jump in or at least know what's going on, I have no clue who they're talking about.

message 36: by Faith, The Thread Queen (new)

I agree. I don't think that you should use their name all of the time, but at least once in the post, so that you know who is talking.

message 37: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) Yeah, or sometime on the page! I have to scroll back a lot.

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) It annoys me when people don't have proper grammar/sentence structure.

message 39: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) YES.

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) I mean, it's not that hard....

message 41: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) I know! I try to edit whatever I say before I post it... though I understand if some people have faulty keyboards.

Hey, does anyone ever come her just to read the rants? It would help, this is some great advice we're giving! (lol)

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) And like with the compound sentences, there's only supposed to be one "and" or "but" in them. They should only be there if the two clauses have to do with each other

brb dinner.

message 43: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) haha, it's almost bedtime here!

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) lol. ^.^

message 45: by Ashley *Frostpool*, I miss everyone! (new)

Iviana (The Sign Painter!) wrote: "It annoys me when people don't have proper grammar/sentence structure."

You don't know how much I agree with you on that. People, there is a space after commas! I hate it when people don't capitilize or punctuate correctly. But I really hate it when they flat out don't try...

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) I know, right?!!!! >.<

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

lol

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) This is bugging the crap out of me.
I'm not naming anyone, but I hope its obvious.
"lol" and "hi" and "cool" and "_____ sighed." is getting on my nerves. I'm not just talking about in this group, but in reviews as well. We all know that morbid poetry is well... Morbid. I've gotten reviews like "Good job!" or my favorite, "Guess who didn't sleep last night?" but when someone goes and puts "Cool!" three freaking times in a row, that's not right. 'cool' in deep, emotional poetry is not right. I may want feedback, but pathetic feedback is NOT welcomed. What else do I hate...? Oh yes. A deleted review of one of my fanfics. "I'm confused. Can you explain." did the person read Harry Potter? No. Did they read the fist sentence of the entire writing (the disclaimer)? Apparently not. But instead of not reading it to avoid confusion, they read through, click the like button, and pretty much typed in, "I'm confused." -.-

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) Do I need to rant again to get the message across?

message 50: by Cloudy Storms (new)

Cloudy Storms (cloudstrife) | 1022 comments It's been a while since I've seen any new comments....