Alpha Heroes & Spitfire Heroines discussion

Miscellaneous Book Stuff > Should I read

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 1 comments I have had someone recommend reading Nalini Singh and am wondering if she is any good? Has anyone read any books of hers and if so were they good or should I not bother?

message 2: by Eastofoz (new)

Eastofoz | 666 comments Mod
I read book 1 of her Psy-Changelings series and I didn't think there was enough romance in it. Basically I didn't like the book at all but I'm in the big minority here Melanie. It reminded me more of urban fantasy--not die hard urban fantasy or anything but a bit too much for my taste when you're reading it for the romance. I haven't read her other stuff. She's very good at world building though.

message 3: by Celeste (new)

Celeste | 1 comments I have to disagree! I absolutely LOVE Nalini Singh! She is actually one of my fav. paranormal romance authors... and I can't wait for her next one to come out :)

message 4: by Jen (new)

Jen | 2 comments Oh, I love Nalini Singh too! I think her books are pretty hot. The first one was my favorite. totally!

message 5: by calicheri (new)

calicheri Nalini Singh is my favorite right now. Her world is kind of complicated so there is a lot of explaining that. But I love her characters, and I like the way her couples don't fall instantly into love.

message 6: by new_user (new)

new_user East, I agree with you, actually. I've only read the first book, Slave of Sensation, so maybe someone can tell me whether the rest of the series is different. For a PNR book, there was very little romance. It seemed more about the development of the main character and her discovery of emotion- not that there's anything wrong with developing the heroine, but when I read PNR I expect to see a little romance.

Romance Novel TV (goodreadscomromancenoveltv) | 1 comments I think Nalini has a great voice. I'm with cheri, the fact that they don't instantly fall in love makes me want to continue reading.

message 8: by Eastofoz (last edited Sep 17, 2008 08:23PM) (new)

Eastofoz | 666 comments Mod
New-user, nice to see I have some company --I was wondering "is it only me" :( (lol!) I've asked your question to a few die hard Singh fans and they all seem to say that there's a lot of world building in books 2 and 3 and less romance. I only read the first book and I thought I might give the second one a try but when I heard that it pretty much runs the same way I decided to leave this series alone --which is not a bad thing considering the 46 000 other series I have to get to on TBR (lol!)