Zombies! discussion

Welcome

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brandon (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:21PM) (new)

Brandon | 34 comments Mod
This is just to say welcome! I want this to be a forum for all zombie related items (i.e. books, movies, websites). Enjoy! Thanks again to Christen for the suggestion.

message 2: by Christen (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:21PM) (new)

Christen | 41 comments I'm very excited about this group! Thanks for inviting me, Brandon!

message 3: by Diane (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:21PM) (new)

Diane (dianes) I'm excited about this group too! Thanks for the invite, Brandon!

message 4: by Roberto (new)

Roberto Perrini | 4 comments hello all undead,
i am Roberto and hope to find you here so many suggestions for readings and to be able to compare with you...happy reading

message 5: by Jim (new)

Jim Peterson Hi friends of the undead,

I asked to join this group in hopes of finding some friends with similar tastes in books. Please send me a friend request, I accept them all!

Jim

message 6: by Netanella (new)

Netanella | 2107 comments Welcome to the group, Jim!

message 7: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 5 comments Hello all,
It's nice to be here. I am looking forward to getting to know you all.

shelby

message 8: by Elizabeth, Zombies! Mod (new)

Elizabeth | 497 comments Mod
Welcome, Shelby!

message 9: by Daniel (new)

Daniel | 2 comments Elo...there

message 10: by Netanella (new)

Netanella | 2107 comments Helloooo Daniel, and welcome!

message 11: by Mkittysamom (new)

Mkittysamom (mkittysabkworm) | 54 comments I realized I never introduced myself lol although I ran the BOTM last. My name is Meghan and I have been a Zombie Fanatic all my life. My Dad actually when I was a child started me off with Night of the Living Dead, and all the rest of the zombie classics. Just the last couple years did I realize ...hey I can read about them too! I started with Max Brooks and The Walking Dead. I am broadening my horizons now and have found Bizzaro, splatter punk, reg Romero zoms, tech zoms, viruses (I even know what the filovirus is now), dystopia, and more. I was always a horror genre fan, which started I with goosebumps, Edgar Allen Poe, etc :) anyways I am a married mom of two boys and we play pretend zombies together (passing on the tradition). I live in Wisconsin and would probably be resourceful but I need to up my strength in order to survive. I at least won't be the person standing there not believing the undead can't be dead..like a deer in headlights and get eaten. I also hope to be a moderator and have more fun in this group! So far the books and recommendations from other users have been dead on and I loved each book. Welcome everybody and I look forward to talking to you all!

message 12: by Beau (new)

Beau Johnston (beau_johnston) Hi everyone. My name is Beau and I'm happy to find a group of like-minded zombie fanatics. The idea of a Zombie Apocalypse forces people to show their true colours (selfish versus selfless - crisis brings out the best, and worst in people).

message 13: by Carol (last edited Sep 23, 2015 09:00AM) (new)

Carol (carol_h) | 8 comments Early 80s, in my early teens. My friend's parents had just got a video player and invited me and my brother to watch a couple of films, one of which was 'Dawn of the Dead'. Can't remember the other but that set me off on a lifelong love of all things zombie/apocalyptic (along with Triffids).

* I should probably point out early 80s = 1980s, not my age. I hope to one day be 80, but it's a few years off.

message 14: by Will (new)

Will Once (willonce) | 26 comments I've not said hello. Very rude of me!

Reader, author, early 50s (where did those years go?), male, balding, British, father, husband, good sense of humour, play chess and watch too many movies.

I think that about covers it.

message 15: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Cheney | 16 comments My name is Samantha but plz call me Sam lol. I'm 26 a mother of three, an avid reader, zombie aficionados an writer.

message 16: by Anniken (new)

Anniken Haga | 22 comments Hi!
I'm Anniken, 25 YO, living in a small house in the woods of Norway with husband and dog. Reader and writer - one zombiebook at betareaders as we speak, actually! 3 published books in Norwegian. Prefer reading/writing books in the sci-fi/fantasy/horror genres, for NA and adults.
Looking forward to picking up (book) tips from this group! Great idea, btw!

message 17: by Nick (new)

Nick Sullivan | 5 comments Anniken wrote: "Hi!
I'm Anniken, 25 YO, living in a small house in the woods of Norway with husband and dog. Reader and writer - one zombiebook at betareaders as we speak, actually! 3 published books in Norwegian...."

Anniken, saw your message in my feed. Was thinking of setting a portion of a future book in Norway! welcome to the group. ~Nick Sullivan www.zombiebigfoot.com

message 18: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Kiddie | 1 comments Kia Ora, I am from the Mighty Waikato in New Zealand. Live rural and love zombies, true serial killers & anything to do with the psyche of the human mind.

message 19: by Anniken (new)

Anniken Haga | 22 comments Nick wrote: "Anniken wrote: "Hi!
I'm Anniken, 25 YO, living in a small house in the woods of Norway with husband and dog. Reader and writer - one zombiebook at betareaders as we speak, actually! 3 published boo..."

Awesome! Norway needs more books about it! ^^

message 20: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 7 comments Hi! I'm new to the group. My name is Kimberly. Me and my cat "Pokey" live in Tennessee and I love Zombies!!! I love reading and watching movies about them. I honestly think they are funny! My friends tell me I'm weird because I laugh during zombie movies! Thanks for letting me join the group!

message 21: by Nick (new)

Nick Sullivan | 5 comments Heya Kimberly! Fellow Tennessean here. Check out "Zombie Bigfoot"... chock full of humor and zombi-riffic goodness!

message 22: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 7 comments Zombie Bigfoot sounds exactly what I might like. I'm looking that up. Thanks!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello! I'm Heather. Very glad to find a group of like minded zombie nerds.

message 24: by Clint (new)

Clint Walker Jr (donkataar) | 29 comments Welcome to the group Heather as a long time zombie nerd I can tell you that you will love it! Be sure and check out The Randy's posts about free zombie books he usually posts something up at least once a week!

message 25: by Hatchett (new)

Hatchett | 5 comments Hi everyone, looking forward to hearing people’s views & getting involved where I can

message 26: by Phillip (new)

Phillip Murrell I finally wrote a zombie comedy book and decided I needed to see more about the zombie world. I'm glad I came across this group.

Phil

message 27: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Aggett (cjaggett) | 6 comments hi guys. I’m looking forward to get to know this group. It is my first on Goodreads. I’m a new author and am currently searching for the self promotion tab to advertise my book. Yes. It contains zombies 😊. Wish me luck finding it.

message 28: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 1 comments Hello everyone, I’ve been a zombie, horror, apocalyptic book lover for years, good to be part of a group of like minded readers!

I may send a few people on here friend requests so i get a better feed and see what you have enjoyed and not enjoyed reading, hope you accept if I send you one!

message 29: by Brian (new)

Brian White (brian_p_white) | 4 comments Hi there, everybody!

I'm Brian. I've always enjoyed stories of all kinds, including the various versions of zombies. Despite all the things that came out after that were better, my favorite remains the 1993 movie Return of the Living Dead Part 3, which I admit was highly flawed yet steered away from its spoofy predecessors a bit in a way that I found inspiring. That movie led to twenty years of dreaming of a zombie hero, about which I finally wrote a novel series I'd like to share with all of you.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not just here to plug my books. I also like discussing possibilities like how zombies might function or what they might really be like. I look forward to good debates (and critiques).

See you all around!