We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

Hero Threads > Joe Travis

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

✿❤~m49913~❤✿ (m49913) | 8 comments Yeah, I know his book is not available yet, but I can't keep my curiousity...

Who will be his lady? Liberty's sister?

message 2: by Tanith (new)

Tanith | 50 comments It would be pretty cool if it was Lib's sister. But wouldn't she be a bit young still for Joe, not to mention she would kind of be her uncle in a way even if they are not blood related at all.

✿❤~m49913~❤✿ (m49913) | 8 comments Yeah, u're right... :(

message 4: by Tanith (new)

Tanith | 50 comments maybe Lib's sister will get her own story. That would be sweet!
I feel bad about calling her Lib's sister but i can not recall her name at the top of my head. I must go home and read over the book

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* (ladyjayne) | 400 comments Her name is Carrington. I agree, Tanith, that she's too young for Joe and would be kinda weird since they are family. I would like both of them to get books though! So, it's nice to know that LK still has possibilities for 2 more books in this series, even though she hasn't confirmed anything yet. ^_^

message 6: by Naoms (new)

Naoms (naomsbookgeekdavis) Is she definetely doing Joe's book? I was kind of disappointed to know she's doing another contemporary series, before finishing with the Travis family!

Being with Carrington would be very very weird! Since she's been raised to call him Uncle Joe, etc and that would make him a George Clooney type Bachelor...

message 7: by Tanith (new)

Tanith | 50 comments I'm sure she will get around to finishing Joe's story. Or I hope so at least. I was thinking Joe would fall in love at the hospital or nurse while recovering from the accident.

Is there an actual date for this book?

message 8: by Naoms (new)

Naoms (naomsbookgeekdavis) Tanith wrote: "I'm sure she will get around to finishing Joe's story. Or I hope so at least. I was thinking Joe would fall in love at the hospital or nurse while recovering from the accident.

Is there an actua..."

Not according to http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/k/l... and they usually have updates up before the authors even announce it, I knew about
Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor like a year ago.

message 9: by Tanith (new)

Tanith | 50 comments Doesn't look promising does it.

message 10: by Naoms (new)

Naoms (naomsbookgeekdavis) Tanith wrote: "Doesn't look promising does it."

Nah, I believe she will. He was such a presence in the last book that I just have to believe she'd finish at least with the Travis siblings, if not write something for Carrington.

message 11: by Raisa (new)

Raisa (raisad) | 1 comments ~♡♥♥♕♏46613♕♥♥♡~ wrote: "Yeah, I know his book is not available yet, but I can't keep my curiousity...

Who will be his lady? Liberty's sister?"

i dont think it will be liberty's sister... i think he will fall in love at the hospital.. it could be a nurse or a doctor.. , or maybe just someone who volunteers at the hospital and likes to help people there..

message 12: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments I'm betting it will be a nurse, doctor, or physical therapist that helps him with his recover from the explosion.

message 13: by Sue (new)

Sue I am looking forward to this one bing released.

message 14: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Ditto!

message 15: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 871 comments When will this book be released? Does anyone know?

message 16: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments I've heard early 2014. However, GRs has it listed as September, 2014. **shurgs*

However, this is a synopsis from Kleypas's Facebook page:(view spoiler)

message 17: by J (new)

J (bassgirl) | 2 comments Any news on this book?

message 18: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 62 comments I can't wait!!!

message 19: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments J wrote: "Any news on this book?"

As far as I know, it has been pushed back to Spring, 2015.

Here is a blurb on Facebook.

Here is her interview with USA Today this last May 22, 2014.

message 20: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 871 comments I want more LK historicals!!!!

message 21: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Me, too!

message 22: by Maria (new)

Maria (majica26) | 6 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "J wrote: "Any news on this book?"

As far as I know, it has been pushed back to Spring, 2015.

Here is a blurb on Facebook.

Here is her interview with
USA Today
this last May 22, 2014."

Good to know she has at least finished Joe's story! Though it's a bummer we have to wait until next year to buy it.

message 23: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Yeah, I'd love to get an ARC.

message 24: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Fike | 1 comments I'm so glad she finished Joes story! I can't wait to get it! 2015 has so much in store as far as books and movies I can't wait to get my hands on!!

message 25: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Me, too. 2015 looks to be a good year.

message 26: by Annie (new)

Annie  (anncraven) | 33 comments I made a little video briefly talking about Brown-Eyed Girl and how much I love Joe: http://www.underthecoversbookblog.com...

message 27: by Lori (new)

Lori | 27 comments Well I've read it....and of the Travis series it's the weakest. I can tell she didn't really want to write it. It's not nearly as well developed as the earlier series or any of her books. That's not to say it isn't readable, it's just...thrown together. No depth. You don't know anything about him...you know more about him through the other books than you do in this one really. It had great potential but you could just tell she wasn't into writing it. I hope her historical one coming out in oct will be a nice blast to the past

message 28: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Annie, you're so pretty! Thanks for the link. I haven't read the book, yet, but I did get the audio. Just need to squeeze it into my day. (Still haven't moved into my house.)

message 29: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments That's what I've heard, Lori, but hoping I'll like it.

message 30: by Annie (new)

Annie  (anncraven) | 33 comments Thanks Lisa Kay

message 31: by ♥ℳelody (new)

♥ℳelody (melodiousimagination) | 314 comments Haven't gotten a copy of this. I was hoping to grab one before I go on vacation this week but no such luck. I've tried 2 places already and they aren't out yet. My local Target is really unreliable as of late.

But is it true the print edition is $24.99?! I really hope not. I saw that price posted on a blog review I believe and it scared me. Unless it's a hardcover edition what gives?

@Annie You are so cute! Thanks for sharing your video. :)

message 32: by Christine (new)

Christine | 16 comments Well -- just finished it, and posted my review.

As Lori notes below, it didn't seem to measure up to the other "Travis" books.

While I'm glad I read it, my heart still belongs to Jack!

message 33: by Robin (new)

Robin  | 361 comments My understanding is that writing Joe's Story wasn't in LK's original plans but due to reader demand she decided to give him one. As for Carrington since the original plan was a Trilogy I wouldn't be surprised if she got a story provided reader demand was enough case in point Joe Travis. Personally what I would like to see her do is one of the two things I have seen other authors doing of late. 1. A Novella for a character that reader's like but they hadn't planned to give them a story or 2. Use the character to start a new series.

As for Joe's story, I haven't finished it yet but so far I like it. Not sure its what I was expecting since it seems to start with him fully recovered with some amount of time passed since the boat accident. I was expecting it to pick up where the other left off with him still doing some amount of recovering. As for Avery at the moment she is irritating me. :-)