The Brain and Mind discussion

Cognitive Science > Suggestions for books or articles on memory

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tamar (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:20PM) (new)

Tamar | 6 comments Anybody have any?

message 2: by Tracy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:21PM) (new)

Tracy | 5 comments Have you looked up Daniel Schacter?

message 4: by Aron (new)

Aron I was looking for books on this topic as well. After poking around Amazon for a while I came across this one, which I plan on buying/reading sometime this winter. I'll post a review when I'm done, but maybe somebody else can beat me to it.

The Overflowing Brain: Information Overload and the Limits of Working Memory - Torkel Klingberg

message 5: by Heather (last edited Jan 02, 2010 05:40PM) (new)

Heather I just joined the group and hope it keeps going. I would like to add the book I received for Christmas this year...

Your Memory : How It Works and How to Improve It
(Paperback) by Kenneth L. Higbee

I am looking forward to reading it as I really want/need to improve my memory especially about books that I have read :(

message 8: by John (new)

John Brown | 1 comments I liked
Your Memory: A User's Guide by Alan D. Baddeley (Oct 2, 2004)
He did a lot of research on short-term memory, publishing mabye 6+ books.
This one is full of color illustrations. Just looked on Amazon.com and it is only $13. I found it an exciting read.

message 9: by Mark (new)

Mark (pipervspiper) | 1 comments I haven't read it yet, but there's a new book called "Moonwalking with Einstein" by Joshua Foer. He was a participant in the U.S. memory championships.

Moonwalking with Einstein: The Art and Science of Remembering Everything

message 12: by Omar (last edited Dec 28, 2012 11:28AM) (new)

Omar Manejwala (drmanejwala) | 4 comments I'd say In Search of Memory: The Emergence of a New Science of Mind While I haven't read this particular book, I am a fan of Eric's and pretty much learned neuroscience when I was studying to be a psychiatrist from his book Principles of Neural Science which has been updated several times since. He is a brilliant guy and in some ways the father of the modern discipline.