SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Book Recommendations & Favorites > WANTED: Shape-shifter (weres) Series

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rossy (last edited Jun 28, 2010 08:25AM) (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 36 comments I'm badly in need of some werewolves/werecats series. I know there are a lot out there and some i have on my mountain TBR, but i'm looking for those with different MCs for each book. Don't mind if they appear on the next book, just give somebody else the limelight.

Caught-up/Finished with:
Shelley Laurenston
Lauren Dane
Christine Feehan
Lora Leigh
Tielle St. Clare
Jeigh Lynn
Maya Banks
Dana Marie Bell
Rachel Bo
Treva Harte
Lorie O'clare
Kate Douglas
Nalini Sigh
Christine Warren
Sherrilyn Kenyon
Shelley Munro
Elizabeth Lapthorne

message 2: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23896 comments What about the Bonded series by Mima, there are all kinds of shifters including Snow Cats in the series.

There are various series by Loribelle Hunt including Gone with the Wolf, Lunar Mates(I think only the 1st couple are in this pb) also available as ebooks, 1st one Under Cover of the Moon.

Marisa Chenery series Wulf's Den starts with Beowulf and Roxie.

I'm about to start, so don't know how good they are, Lydia Dare series, 1st one A Certain Wolfish Charm.

Wild Within by Mima Gone with the Wolf (Vegas Magic, #1) by Loribelle Hunt Lunar Mates by Loribelle Hunt Under Cover of the Moon (Lunar Mates, #1) by Loribelle Hunt Beowulf and Roxie (Wulf's Den, #1) by Marisa Chenery A Certain Wolfish Charm (Westfield Brothers, #1) by Lydia Dare

message 3: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 36 comments Interesting, i went through my back up drives and found at least 2 of the books for all of those authors series. Thank you, Sandra!

message 4: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23896 comments Glad to be of help Rossy :)

message 5: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29104 comments Great suggestions, Sandra. Let me know how you like A Certain Wolfish Charm, I have that one TBR. :)

Rossy, here are some I've read/liked and some I have in my massive TBR pile.

Read (at least bk#1)/Liked:
* Sharie Kohler's "Moon Chasers", she has a new one coming out in Aug 2010 (1st: Marked by Moonlight)
* Cynthia Eden's "Midnight" (1st: Hotter After Midnight)
* Sherrill Quinn's "Moon" (1st: Daring The Moon)

Marked by Moonlight (Moon Chasers, #1) by Sharie Kohler Hotter After Midnight (Midnight, #1) by Cynthia Eden Daring The Moon by Sherrill Quinn

I believe Rebecca York has a series of the same name "Moon", which is probably about shifters, just don't know if each book has diff MC or not.

A new series I'd like to start "Jaguar Warriors" by Juliana Stone sounds good and since it's PNR, maybe new MC each? (1st: His Darkest Hunger).

His Darkest Hunger (Jaguar Warriors, #1) by Juliana Stone

Some others hiding in my TBR ...
* RG Alexander's "Children of the Goddess" (1st: Regina in the Sun)
* Lexie Davis' "Exotic Wolves" (1st: -not listed @ GR- "Seduced by Moonlight")
* Terry Spear's "Heart of the Wolf" (1st: Heart of the Wolf)
* CT Adams & Cathy Clamp's "Tales of the Sazi" (1st: Hunter's Moon)
* Lori Handeland's "Nightcreature" (1st: Blue Moon)
* Bianca D'Arc came out with a new one "String of Fate" about a panther shifter (1st: Cat's Cradle (String of Fate, #1))

Regina in the Sun (Children of the Goddess, #1) by R.G. Alexander Heart of the Wolf (Book #1) by Terry Spear Hunter's Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #1) by C.T. Adams Blue Moon (Nightcreature, #1) by Lori Handeland Cat's Cradle (String of Fate, #1)  by Bianca D'Arc

message 6: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29104 comments Just spotted on my list and thought I'd add:

Moira Rogers "Southern Arcana" series, I haven't read it yet, but (based on the descriptions) each book seems to be about a diff character ?? (1st: Crux)

Crux (Southern Arcana, #1) by Moira Rogers

message 7: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23896 comments No problem Steph, I've got A Certain Wolfish Charm for a July challenge, so I'll let you know.

I should of mentioned Moira Rogers, RG Alexander, Bianca D'Arc & Juliana Stone. I've got all those too, some read, some not yet.

message 8: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29104 comments Did you like them? I haven't read any so far.

message 9: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23896 comments Moira Rogers is 3-4 ★, RG Alexander I've read one and gave it 4 ★, Bianca I've read vamps, dragons & weres, as well as String of Fate and gave all of them 4 ★. Haven't yet read Juliana Stone, although it's looking at me accusingly.

message 10: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 36 comments Sandra wrote: "Moira Rogers is 3-4 ★, RG Alexander I've read one and gave it 4 ★, Bianca I've read vamps, dragons & weres, as well as String of Fate and gave all of them 4 ★. Haven't yet read Juliana Stone, altho..."

Nice, i have a few of these in my TBR already.

Thank you, Steph! I have added those you mentioned above to my future buy list.

message 11: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited Jun 29, 2010 09:02PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29104 comments Sandra wrote: "Moira Rogers is 3-4 ★, RG Alexander I've read one and gave it 4 ★, Bianca I've read vamps, dragons & weres, as well as String of Fate and gave all of them 4 ★. Haven't yet read Juliana Stone, altho..."

LOL! I hope to read that Juliana Stone book this year. Those others got good ratings from you, so I'll have to make sure they don't get too lost on my HD.

You're welcome, Rossy. It's fun hunting through my TBR stacks. Helps me find ones I want to read myself. :)

message 12: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23896 comments Just remember Steph you like them a little darker than me.

And I second you on the looking through the tbr, cause it's easy to forget what you've got.

message 13: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29104 comments That I do, but not always. All this TBR scrounging has made me realize "that's a LOT of books TBR!" LOL!! But, it's also pushed some closer to the top of the TBR list. :)

message 14: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29104 comments Rossy, I recently came across this blog called "Shifter Romance" and thought of you. :)

It's put together by these authors: Deborah Cooke, Teresa D’Amario, Meagan Hatfield, Michele Hauf, Lori Devoti, Terry Spear, Jennifer St. Giles and Rebecca York.

message 15: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 36 comments Very nice, thanks Steph i'll check the blog when i get a chance!

message 16: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29104 comments You're welcome. I haven't looked at it myself, so I can't say if it's any good or not.

message 17: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) | 2883 comments I would recommend the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs, the first one is: Moon Called (Mercedes Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs , there are 5 in the series.

Then there is her spin-off series: Alpha & Omega A Companion Novella to Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, Prequel) by Patricia Briggs

Also, Ilona Andrews Kate Daniels series focuses alot on shifters, first one is Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews

However, these all focus on the same characters in each book -- although new ones are constantly being introduced.

I have gotten these free or very cheap on my Kindle and they seem to be about shifters:

The Wild's Call by Jeri Smith-Ready Cry Sanctuary (Red Rock Pass, #1) by Moira Rogers Eternal Hunter (Night Watch, #1) by Cynthia Eden

message 18: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 36 comments Thanks Regina, i know about the series above just not ready to read those kind of series yet. I have the ones below that i plan on reading soon.

Awesomevegan (AKA JenReads) (awesomevegan) | 468 comments I enjoyed Shiver. It is YA but some people really like it. The second book Linger comes out later this month.
If you like the different main character thing Shiver changes narration between the 2 main characters. It is weird at first but I feel it really added something to the story. I don't know yet if Linger will be the same way.

Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater

message 20: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 36 comments I recently bought the first book, but am waiting to buy the 2nd before i get started on the series. Thank you for the recs!

Awesomevegan (AKA JenReads) (awesomevegan) | 468 comments Rossy wrote: "I recently bought the first book, but am waiting to buy the 2nd before i get started on the series. Thank you for the recs!"

You are welcome :)

message 22: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 908 comments Darkness Choosen series by Christina Dodd follows a family of shifters which each book focusing on a different family member. The first book is Scent of Darkness

message 23: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments Here are two series that fit the bill: The Dark One (Wild Wulfs of London, #2) by Ronda Thompson On the Edge (The Edge, #1) by Ilona Andrews

message 24: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 36 comments Diane (deebotte) wrote: "Darkness Choosen series by Christina Dodd follows a family of shifters which each book focusing on a different family member. The first book is Scent of Darkness"

Wow thanks, i have the books but i didn't remember they were shifters!LOL

message 25: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 36 comments Amy or "Ames" wrote: "Here are two series that fit the bill: The Dark One (Wild Wulfs of London, #2) by Ronda ThompsonOn the Edge (The Edge, #1) by Ilona Andrews"

I'm adding those to my buy list!

Thank you ladies!

message 26: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (sstogner1) | 62 comments this is free!! from IIona Andrews

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/...

"This isn't a short story or a novella. This is a collection of scenes written by Gordon Andrews as a companion to our Kate Daniels series of books. These scenes illustrate the point of view of Curran, the Beast Lord of Atlanta and are provided in gratitude to our readers for all of their support. This collection isn't meant to stand on its own as an independent work of fiction."

message 27: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29104 comments Sharon wrote: "this is free!! from IIona Andrews

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/...

"This isn't a short story or a novella. This is a collection of scenes written by Gordon Andrews as a companion to our..."

Thanks, Sharon! :) I added your post to Ilona's "Kate Daniels" thread as well.

message 28: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (needsun) | 60 comments Is there a way to get this book onto my Itouch? I am really new to ebooks and the Itouch so I haven't experimanted much yet.

message 29: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29104 comments Joanne wrote: "Is there a way to get this book onto my Itouch? I am really new to ebooks and the Itouch so I haven't experimanted much yet."

Yes! Download Stanza, free software for your computer & iTouch. Then, download either the PDF or EPUB versions of the book. Open the downloaded book with Stanza, then add to your iTouch. Oh, you'll also have to set up wireless transfer from your computer to your iTouch.

Sounds like it's hard, but it's not. PM me, if you need more help. I have both and am happy to walk you through it. :)

message 30: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (needsun) | 60 comments Thanks, Steph. I am going to try it a little later today and let you know how it turns out.

message 31: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29104 comments Joanne wrote: "Thanks, Steph. I am going to try it a little later today and let you know how it turns out."

Ok. Good luck with it. Once you get it figured it, it's easy to get books on/off with Stanza.

message 32: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (needsun) | 60 comments With a little more help from Steph, I got everything working fine and it is easy as pie.
Thanks, Steph!

message 33: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29104 comments Yay! :) Happy I could help.