The Atonement Child The Atonement Child discussion

Joe!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

♥I love joe! he's the greatest person in this whole book! He was there for Dynah when her soon-to-be husband wasn't! After Ethan left and found a new woman to marry, joe still took care of Dynah, even though the only reason they knew each other was because of ethan! I love Joe soo much!♥

Kaitlin Me too.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

He was perfect for her... You can see the Hand of the Almighty in that relationship (don't remind me that we are talking about fictional characters!)

Nancy Anyone have any thoughts about who the Atonement Child is?

Sarah Petersen Its been a while since I've read the book so bare with me on the names.
I think in subtle ways Dynah is the atonement child. Throughout the book we see Dynah's strong faith and determination to keep the baby. And we learn about the guilt Dynah's mom and the doctor carry(I'm sure there were a few other people, I just can't remember.) God worked through Dynah by providing a means for the doctor and the mom to atone for their sins.

Sarah Gideon Nancy wrote: "Anyone have any thoughts about who the Atonement Child is?"

i think the baby girl was the atonement child. She came, all sins(dynah's mom's abortion, dr wyatt's guilt about his sister etc) were confessed and forgiven.

Sarah Gideon Joe was the bestest. <3

Dana Tindell Sarah wrote: "Nancy wrote: "Anyone have any thoughts about who the Atonement Child is?"

i think the baby girl was the atonement child. She came, all sins(dynah's mom's abortion, dr wyatt's guilt about his siste..."

Sarah wrote: "Nancy wrote: "Anyone have any thoughts about who the Atonement Child is?"

i think the baby girl was the atonement child. She came, all sins(dynah's mom's abortion, dr wyatt's guilt about his siste..."

Sarah wrote: "Nancy wrote: "Anyone have any thoughts about who the Atonement Child is?"

I thought the same as Nancy!