Wild Things: YA Grown-Up discussion

Romance > I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rita (new)

Rita Webb (ritawebb) | 183 comments I recently read this book. Not my usual style and I expected to hate it. Turns out, though, that it was a fun, easy read.

Cammie attends a private high school for genius girls. The curriculum: PhD level chemistry, 14 languages spoken with various accents, how to decode an encrypted message, hacking into someone's computer, and of course, covertly trailing a paranoid teacher.

But the one thing not on the curriculum is understanding boys.

What I liked about this book: The fresh voice and conversational tone. The little details made me laugh.

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather Bree (blackdotbug) I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You sounds like Kiki Strike: Inside the Shadow City with a love story angle. I'm not usually into teen romance novels, but I'll give this one a try. Thanks Rita. :)

(Reminds me also of Evil Genius or H.I.V.E.: Higher Institute of Villainous Education)

message 3: by Rita (last edited Jun 29, 2010 11:40AM) (new)

Rita Webb (ritawebb) | 183 comments I've added those to my to-read list, Heather. I've never read a book in this style before, but I really enjoyed it. So now I want to go out and read some others like it.

I think one of the reasons I enjoyed this book so much was that it didn't overdo the romance part. It was more humorous than sappy, as Cammie applies all her spy skills to her love life.

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather Bree (blackdotbug) Even better. :)

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 37 comments Have you read the other Gallagher girls books? #4 is on its way to my house right now. I can't wait to read it. I also love the voice and tone of the books, and even more, my 15 year old daughter loves them, and they are clean!!!!

message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura (apenandzen) Such a nice refreshing thing to find clean stuff for teens!

message 7: by Rita (new)

Rita Webb (ritawebb) | 183 comments No, I haven't, Michelle, but I ordered the 2nd Gallagher book from the library. Can't wait for it to come in!!!

Yes, they are clean, but not stodgily so.

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 37 comments yeah, they're way cute, you'll love the others too. If I were a teenager, I would want to go to that school!

message 9: by Rita (new)

Rita Webb (ritawebb) | 183 comments I'm not a teenager, and I still want to go to that school.

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 37 comments Hee Hee, me too ;)

message 11: by Jeanette (new)

Jeanette Johnson | 22 comments Great series, I recommmend it to middle school teens all the time. I think they are adorable.....

message 12: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 37 comments #4 left me dying for the next one!!!! Love Love Love these Gallagher girls!

message 13: by Rita (new)

Rita Webb (ritawebb) | 183 comments #4 was the best. I had read all 4 back-to-back and then had withdrawal symptoms. Anyone know when #5 comes out?