Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Where did I put that f--king book?

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Do you lose the book you're reading ever? What's your strategy for searching? And doesn't that drive you f--king bonkers?

message 2: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments my books don't disappear.

message 3: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) look for the dog and his treasures.

message 4: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i don't think i have ever lost the book i was reading. i lose everything else but not a book i am reading. now, books that need to go back to the library i sometimes can't find..

message 5: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17338 comments Mod
deja vu?

message 6: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments MARBLES!!! :D

message 7: by Sally, la reina (new)

i found this screw...

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Just so long as he doesn't lose his lunch.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Oh, I HATE when I can't find my book. I carry books around, and sometimes I set one down absentmindedly, or put it in my backpack, or it's gotten hidden under an afghan, or it's slid under a pillow...

message 10: by Mona (new)

Mona Garg (k1721m) | 350 comments And just when that was the only thing you wanted to read--nothing else will do.

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments You know what else sucks? When you tell yourself you don't need to bring a book to something, and then it turns out you really should have brought one.

message 12: by Sally, la reina (new)

amen to that. I brought one to my WT cousins' Memorial Day party and I was SO EFFING GLAD I had it with me. Turns out we were told to arrive at 2pm and the rest of the guests at 4pm. Thus, my avatar.

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I think that might be the one benefit of the kindle app on my ipod. I have only put two books on it, but the going is very slow, so if I get stuck I always have that with me.

message 14: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments agreed sarah. i can read books on my iphone (although not near as easily as with a Kindle) and i also can read news and magazines with it. i still like to have a book with me though

Abigail (42stitches) | 150 comments I haven't lost a book since moving into the current house. I only rarely leave my bedroom unless I'm leaving the house. So the books are always on the shelf in front of me or in my bag. Used to leave books every where (when I had free range of the house), even in the kitchen. I left one in the fridge once...

Now it's the husband losing books. People borrow them and they end up in the strangest places. Floors of cars, under the toilet, in the used-to-give-away-box but is now the throw-away-box because the cats made it their new bed...ewww...

Although one of them was our own fault. We were using it to prop up the busted couch. It was a give-away book that happened to be what a friend was looking for, so we pulled it out and give it away and now the couch has a sad, wilted look to it.

message 16: by Mary (last edited Jun 23, 2010 08:22PM) (new)

Mary (madamefifi) I left a book behind in Oklahoma City and didn't realize it til I got to Little Rock, so as soon as I checked in to my hotel I got directions to the nearest mall and bought another copy, because there was no way I was driving back to OKC.

Actually I may've left the book in Little Rock and replaced it in Memphis...I don't remember 'xactly.

message 17: by Sally, la reina (new)

Mary!

message 18: by Knarik (new)

Knarik I have lost one of Saramago's books i need to give back to the Library. The problem is that I am certain I took it with me (and other 10 books) to give back, and then the librarian said that I had forgotten to bring it, I took her word for it and said that I will bring it later. Now I am home, I can't find it, and I remember that it was with other books! What am I supposed to do???? Go and tell them that they have it?

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments And you can do it over the phone, Knarik. Just be sure to have your library card with you, so they can look up your account.

This sort of thing happens all the time, so don't worry about it. :)

message 20: by Knarik (new)

Knarik Thanks, I will do it. I am worried as i do some volunteer work there so I don't want to leave a bad impression (:

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.