The Next Best Book Club discussion

Looking For Recommendations > The Final Theory recommendation

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jack (new)

Jack Stewart | 3 comments I just finished reading "The Final Theory" .

The Final Theory Rethinking Our Scientific Legacy (Second Edition) by Mark McCutcheon

Technically it's a popular science book, but it's also far more than that, so don't be put off if you're not an avid popsci reader. It talks about all the everyday things we think we know all about (gravity, electric charge, magnets, atoms, etc.) and shows that we don't understand them at all. We've largely just been handed down abstract claims from much simpler times, supported by logical fallacies of human thought. Anyway, all this and more is exposed in a clear, fascinating, accessible way, but that's only half of the story. It also presents an amazingly simple new scientific concept that actually explains all of this, tying it all together -- something called Expansion Theory. Mustn't go on and on here, but check out my book review on my bookshelf profile or see my Squidoo Lens focusing on several of my most important and influential book recommendations:

Important and Influential Books and Ideas

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10108 comments Mod
Jack, I see you are new to Goodreads, and new to the group. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our folders and threads.

This particular folder was created for people who are ASKING for recommendations. Not for people who are making them.

Look through the recommendation threads to see if anyone is asking for a book that matches the description of this one.

Thanks.