TWILIGHT HATERS discussion

Randomness > What book do you hate the most?

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ☼☼Khloe☼☼~*~Thirteenth Step~*~, The one who just looks good in tights (new)

☼☼Khloe☼☼~*~Thirteenth Step~*~ (tripoddog) | 712 comments Mod
I abosolutely HATED this book I had to read for school! Its called "Shades Of Gray"(though the title does go well with the book) It is so dull! I didnt even know what was going on!! Don't ever read it(if you wish to live).

message 2: by Kataury (new)

Kataury I'll trust you on the books you don't want me to read! :D But I hated the book Lupita Manana! That book is just stupid and pointless!!! ><
__

message 3: by Keyanah (new)

Keyanah (drizzleherb-peacelover) I hated this book called Shadow of a Bull. I couldn't finish it cause it was so boring!!

message 4: by Kataury (new)

Kataury Shadow of a Bull? Sounds like it wasn't too exciting. ".

message 5: by Keyanah (new)

Keyanah (drizzleherb-peacelover) It has a Newberry Award.......Weird.

message 6: by Kataury (new)

Kataury I think Newberry doesn't know what they're doing sometimes... "|

message 7: by ☼☼Khloe☼☼~*~Thirteenth Step~*~, The one who just looks good in tights (new)

I think I saw Shadow of a Bull at Barnes and Noble. I was thinking about getting it, but if you say its really boring I'm not going to! Thanks for the comment Drizzleherb! ^^

message 8: by Kataury (new)

Kataury :D

message 9: by Keyanah (new)

Keyanah (drizzleherb-peacelover) ^v^

message 10: by Kataury (new)

Kataury "D

message 11: by ☼☼Khloe☼☼~*~Thirteenth Step~*~, The one who just looks good in tights (new)

Oh yeah, don't forget to NEVER read Bearstone!!! It was really really retarded! My teacher read it aloud during class and half the time I wasn't even listening cause it was so boring and stupid!

-Khloe

message 12: by Kataury (new)

Kataury ha ha!! I never really liked it when teachers read out loud... it kind of made things boring.

message 13: by ☼☼Khloe☼☼~*~Thirteenth Step~*~, The one who just looks good in tights (new)

True very true. Thats exactly why I hated all the books my teacher read out loud! She even made Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe sounded boring with her reading it!!

message 14: by Kataury (new)

Kataury Our teacher read that too!! Bah! I was ready to die of boredom!!

message 15: by ☼☼Khloe☼☼~*~Thirteenth Step~*~, The one who just looks good in tights (new)

Doesn't everybody want to die while a teacher is reading out loud? Well, except for teachers pet though. Well, I guess the whole entire concept of school makes the funnest things boring. :(

-Khloe

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» My fifth grade teacher read us My Brother Sam is Dead. NEVER READ THAT! It was horrible, the plot line was crappy, and the writing style was pathetic. I'm not entirely sure who the author even is.

message 17: by ☼☼Khloe☼☼~*~Thirteenth Step~*~, The one who just looks good in tights (new)

"My Brother Sam Is Dead" what a great title.... NOT x( It sounds really boring, espetially with your TEACHER reading it out loud it must have been the worst!

-Khloe

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» Yeah, and it was really sad and depressing, too.

message 19: by ☼☼Khloe☼☼~*~Thirteenth Step~*~, The one who just looks good in tights (new)

I heard Sam, doesn't actually die until like the last page of the book. I tried adding it to our bookshelf but I'm not smart enough to figure out how to do it x(

-Khloe

message 20: by ☼☼Khloe☼☼~*~Thirteenth Step~*~, The one who just looks good in tights (new)

I have another book that you people should NEVER read(if you wish to live). It's called "Peeps". And whos the author of this horrid book? You guessed it! My most hated author, non other than the lame SCOTT WESTERFELD! The book first of all is about stupid vampires(that are worse than Edward and his stupidity) and they eat people. Ya ya same old crap. And then the main character, can only think about GIRLS(in the wrong way) EWww I was about ready to throw up! So don't EVER I repeat EVER read this book!!!!

-Khloe

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» I won't. I really must agree, Scott Westerfield is a pathetic attempt at an author.

message 22: by Kataury (new)

Kataury Really? I liked some of his books, like uglies, pretties and specials. I thought they were good.

message 23: by ☼☼Khloe☼☼~*~Thirteenth Step~*~, The one who just looks good in tights (new)

Ya the Uglies series was pretty good, even though I have only read the first and the second one, I thought they were pretty good.

-Khloe

message 24: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) Okay Here's my list of books to NEVER READ:

1.TTYL(good for average teenage girls I suppose, but c'mon! It's written entirely in IM conversations!)
2.Loch(I've got one word for you: FORMULA)
3.Tracker(I think that's what it was called. It had no ending, really. It just stopped)
4.Sweet Valley Twins series(lets just say...UGH very immature)
5.Stoner and Spaz(this one is just weird. and the main character is a total doormat)

I might have to add 24 hours to that list, if I finish it. I'm oh, 40 pages in, and so far, IT HAS NO PLOT!

message 25: by ☼☼Khloe☼☼~*~Thirteenth Step~*~, The one who just looks good in tights (new)

TTYL might be ok for me... Cause I'm kind of an IM a holic(sometimes), but if you say not to read thoes books, I definetly won't! Thanks for the list veRONIca. Oh ya, by the way, how do you get thoes hearts next to your name?

-Khloe

message 26: by Kataury (new)

Kataury I need full titles. I can't do abbreviations. And authors would be nice too if you could.

message 27: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) Well, a lot of people like TTYL, but I just really don't.

And TTYL isn't an abbriviation Elise. It is the title of the book. I didn't list the authors because I don't know them off the top of my head. I can look them up though.

message 28: by Kataury (new)

Kataury Ok! I'll see what I can do then!

message 29: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) lets see...

TTYL is by Lauren Myracle
Loch is by Paul Zindle
Tracker is by Gary Paulsen
Sweet Valley Twins series are by Francine Pascal
Stoner and Spaz is by Ron Koertge

message 30: by Kataury (new)

Kataury Ok! well someone already put them on before me so yeah!

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» I did like the Uglies series, but like his series with Ender and stuff... Honestly.

message 32: by ☼☼Khloe☼☼~*~Thirteenth Step~*~, The one who just looks good in tights (new)

I hate historical fiction usually. Except for a few exceptions.

-Khloe

message 33: by Kataury (new)

Kataury Ender? That was orson scott card. Not Scott westerfield.

message 34: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (chocoholic047) ugh...i agree with the scott westerfield hatred...my sister LOVEs them and i'm like....ugh.
ANYWAY!
right now here's my top three on the hate list:

-all quiet on the western front (stupid. stupid. stupid.)
-bless the beasts and children (i actually fell asleep after each page. i swear)
-the notebook (WAY TOO SAPPY! AGH!)

:)

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» Oh yeah, well I dislike Orson Scott Card, than.

message 36: by Kataury (new)

Kataury haha! I liked the first book, Ender's game. But when he did the next book... "(

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» I didn't really like any of them. (Actually, I only read the first one.) He has a good idea, I just don't like his writing style.

message 38: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) Haha, I'm with you Kenz. I read the first one, but I couldn't pull myself through any of the others. I almost didn't make it through the first. But, I did learn quite the colorful language from that book ;)

message 39: by Kataury (new)

Kataury exactly!! I totally agree with Melody!

message 40: by Keyanah (new)

Keyanah (drizzleherb-peacelover) Old Yeller is SO BORING!!!!

message 41: by ☼☼Khloe☼☼~*~Thirteenth Step~*~, The one who just looks good in tights (new)

I hate when teachers are like READ THIS!! Like Shades of Gray for instance. I thought Old Yeller was a really good book, I haven't read it, but like everyone who read it liked it... I think.... I don't really know OK! (jk)

-Khloe

message 42: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) I thought of another book I don't like. The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke. It was good up until it randomly changed into fantasy near the end. It was totally out of place!

It seems that everyone loves this book though, better than Inkheart and Inkspell, which I think are much better.

message 43: by Madisen (new)

Madisen OH yeah, I HATE the Theif Lord

message 44: by Kataury (new)

Kataury I never liked cornelia, she didn't really get along with the stories so I got bored pretty quick!

message 45: by ☼☼Khloe☼☼~*~Thirteenth Step~*~, The one who just looks good in tights (new)

I loved Inkheart! I think I forgot to finish Inkspell though...

-Khloe

message 46: by Kataury (new)

Kataury bleh! No Funke for me.

message 47: by Phantompickles (new)

Phantompickles Inheritance "Cycle" by Christopher Paolini
Don't even get me started. A patchwork excuse of a story - pretty much what he did was borrow or plain steal from other books/movies. I'm sure you've heard that it's "Star Wars in Middle Earth". But it's more than that. Every concept was taken from someone else: Dune, Dragonriders of Pern, Earthsea series. EVEN FROM GARTH NIX. I SHALL NOT FORGIVE.
It's true that there's no such thing as an original idea anymore, but what makes each story unique is that the writer takes it and makes it their own. No matter how cliche or how many times it's been done before. But Paolini wrote an amazingly boring story, which paired with tons of purple prose (over-flowery writing), is unpalatable.