THE JAMES MASON COMMUNITY BOOK CLUB discussion

Authors and Their Books > MEMBERS NEEDS OUR SUPPORT- LETS PULL TOGETHER FOR DELPHINE PONTVIEUX & JEFFREY CRIMMEL

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rick-Founder JM CM BOOK CLUB (last edited Jun 09, 2010 01:51PM) (new)

Rick-Founder JM CM BOOK CLUB  | 7278 comments Mod
I received the following letter form James Masoner DELPHINE PONTVIEUX - as I consider this more of a community- when a member is up for an award - I want each of you to let me know and I will do the same for you - post this special thread for Delphine- please let me know if and when any of you fellow members need our Groups support and I will do all I can to assist! I voted for Delphine- the whole process took less then 60 seconds - lets pull together for a fellow member!

Dear Rick,
i hope all is well with you.
i just heard some great news this afternoon, and i hope you won't mind passing the message on to the rest of the group if you believe it makes sense.
I have been nominated for an award in the arts and culture category by the french in Chicago committee. it is a public vote, and as such i will need all the help i can get to win, as this would be a great way for me to get exposure in the Chicago community. As a matter of fact, i am the only author in the group of nominees in the category, so we won't be breaking another author's heart by pushing for my nomination, which is a good thing! ;-)
all the details follow below. Again i thank you for your support and that of our (very active!) group.
let me know when you are done reading my novel as well, i would love to hear your feedback.
have a great evening,
Delphine

VOTE FOR ME!

Just when you thought you’d seen and heard it all, here comes a new one for you.
I need your vote today!
Why, should you ask? Am I running for Mayor of Chicago perhaps? Not quite, but close.
I have been nominated for an award by the French in Chicago committee in the category Arts and Culture (I am the only author represented). Also nominated in other categories are Blackhawks Cristobal Huet, Chicago Bulls’ Joakim Noah, Jean Joho of Brasserie Jo and Everest, to name a few.
The award ceremony will take place during Bastille Day Festival at Soldier Field, in Chicago, on July 11.
Needless to say, I want to win!
For that, I need your support and a few seconds of your time to vote online.

Here is the link (you may want to vote only once):

http://www.frenchinchicago.com/Chicag...

vote to decide winners, is open from June 7th to July 4th.

Also, mark your calendars -July 11th- as the Bastille Day event (biggest of its kind in the US) is open to the public and it promises to be a great day!
Miss Nyet Publishing will have a booth there as well. More info will follow in due time. For details, visit www.frenchinchicago.com

message 2: by Delphine (last edited Jun 09, 2010 06:13AM) (new)

Delphine Pontvieux | 20 comments Thank you so much Rick, it is so very much appreciated! I will be sure to keep you posted on the outcome!
James Masoners, have a fantastic day!
delphine

message 3: by Victor (new)

Victor J. (victorjbanis) | 18 comments sorry, but the link did not work.

message 4: by Delphine (new)

Delphine Pontvieux | 20 comments The link must have been cut off when Rick pasted the email again. here is the link to vote: http://www.frenchinchicago.com/Chicag...

thank you for your support,
Delphine

message 5: by Roseann (new)

Roseann | 21 comments You've got my vote. Good luck!

message 6: by Delphine (new)

Delphine Pontvieux | 20 comments Roseann wrote: "You've got my vote. Good luck!"
thank you for the support, Roseann! I appreciate it very much,
Delphine

Delphine wrote: "Roseann wrote: "You've got my vote. Good luck!"
thank you for the support, Roseann! I appreciate it very much,
Delphine"

ok I fixed the link in first post- not sure why original didnt work

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) I have just casted my vote - Good Luck Delphine - All the best to you

message 9: by Delphine (new)

Delphine Pontvieux | 20 comments thank you so much Sallie!

message 10: by Carole (new)

Carole (casutton) I've voted -- all the best of luck Delphine.
Cheers
Carole

message 11: by Delphine (new)

Delphine Pontvieux | 20 comments I will be sure to keep you all posted with the results when they are in. You all have until July 7th to cast your votes, thanks again for supporting a franco-american author in Chicago! ;-)
Delphine

message 12: by Rick-Founder JM CM BOOK CLUB (last edited Jun 11, 2010 06:49AM) (new)

Jeffrey Crimmel

I have a support request. There is a voting link for new authors. My request is to go to it and vote for "Living Beneath the Radar" by Jeffrey R Crimmel. I will post link in next post. Thanks

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1950....

Here it is. I am at #24 and wanting to meet Oprah very much so I would appreciate your vote

message 13: by V.H. (new)

V.H. Folland (VHFolland) | 14 comments Voted for you both. Good luck!

message 14: by Delphine (new)

Delphine Pontvieux | 20 comments the vote was over in early July, but thank you for the support! i am pretty sure i had told the masoners about it but i did indeed win the French in Chicago award in the arts and culture category. you can see photos etc on my website at www.missnyet.com (archived in the events category of my blog on the main page). Joakim Noah from the Chicago Bulls won in the sports category....

message 15: by V.H. (new)

V.H. Folland (VHFolland) | 14 comments Delphine wrote: "the vote was over in early July, but thank you for the support! i am pretty sure i had told the masoners about it but i did indeed win the French in Chicago award in the arts and culture category. ..." The voting page is still live, which threw me (well, that and last minute christmas shopping).

Congratulations on your win and have a happy holiday!

message 16: by Delphine (new)

Delphine Pontvieux | 20 comments thank you a happy holiday to you as well, VH!