Chicks On Lit discussion

Non Book Talk > What book would you want to live in?

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (celticrockchic) | 13 comments So, someone on blog spot had a blog where they asked what movie you would want to live in but I thought, here, we could do what book you would want to live in.

I'll start. I would love to live in the vampire chronicles by Anne Rice, the whole series. Be immortal, have conversations with Lestat, Pandora, maybe even the twins. It would be great.

message 2: by April (new)

April (contusions96) I would want to live the in the Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde. Get to jump in and out of novels, meet famous literary characters, travel to Japan through a big tunnel in the center of the earth. That would be awesome!

message 3: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
What a tough question!!!
I love the Little House on the Praire books but I would hate to live then. Same with Gone With the Wind. I need running water!
Did you read Pillars of the Earth? Can you IMAGINE living then?!

Okay think think ...

The first books I thought of were the Harry Potter books but since Ive never actually read them I cant say that but the magic would be fun.

I would say it would be either To Kill a Mockingbird (it seemed so sweet and innocent and I'd like to be friends with Scout) or Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood. I would have had SO much fun with those women! The time and location of YaYas would be fun I think.

message 4: by MJ (new)

MJ That is such an easy question for me The Stephanie Plum Series

message 5: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
i KNEW you would pick that!
I almost did but the girl wore too much spandex and purple eyeshadow for me. Oh and the novels would become smutty if I was near Morelli for any length of time.

message 6: by MJ (new)

MJ Her style changed as did all of ours. I bet once you rocked the wild eyeshadow. Morelli is the reason I want to live there. And Ranger. And Tank. And Diesel. And I think Grandma Mauzer is funny. And all the food. But mostly Morelli

message 7: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 354 comments Oh! Great question! I've always wanted to live in the Nora Robers Three Sisters Trilogy: Dance Upon Air, Heavan and Earth, Face the Fire.

The island town sounded quaint and wonderful. The little bookstore with cafe....totally sounds like a place I would love to work but yet still able to socialize. And having some magical powers well, haven't we all wanted some at some point or another?

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) This is a great question! For now, what just came to mind is the "In the Garden" series by Nora Roberts! It's set in Tennessee (where I'd like to try living) and they live on a beautiful plantation style estate w/a garden center & nursery business on site (a dream of mine!)! (Sure there's a psychotic ghost on the property, but she's put to rest eventually!)

message 9: by Beth (new)

Beth Larabee | 52 comments Any of Mauve Binchey's books! I want to go to Ireland so bad!

message 10: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (celticrockchic) | 13 comments Wow guys, I'm so glad you all liked this question and I'm very impressed with your answers. Thanks for answering this, it's a lot of fun. Tera, trust me and read the Harry Potter series, they're great fun and I would definitely want to live in them.

message 11: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydneyh) Anne of Green Gables. I LOVED that book! Anne, Diana and I would be friends... we'd all moon over Gilbert Blythe, and we'd have crazy madcap adventures together.

message 12: by Peanut (new)

Peanut | 149 comments Fun question!

I'd have to pick Harry Potter.

I also agree with the person who said Thursday Next series. That would be fun...and then you can "live" in any book you wanted.

message 13: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Hickman (bkread2) | 233 comments Okay for me its a toss up...I would love to be in a Harry Potter world....but I also like the Cynaster series by Stephanie Laurens or the Bridgerton series by Julia Quinn. I would naturally have to be connected or soon to be connected with one of them, I could never be a servant or poor spinster relation to be overlooked for life!

message 14: by Holli (new)

Holli For me it would be Nora Roberts books.....the books set in Ireland make me want to go there NOW everytime i read them!! And Gone With The Wind....who doesn't want to be Scarlett??

message 15: by Inky (new)

Inky | 19 comments Talk about a question with some great possibilities:)

I'd love to be a a witch in the Harry Potter series, preferably one of the teachers at Hogwarts (I always wanted to know more about Professor Sinistra)

And I love Thursday Next. It would be great to be a Dragonrider or a harper in the Pern books. I also wouldn't mind taking a turn as Claire in the Outlander books (just for Jamie, not so hot about living that pioneering life).

I love vampire novels, but I don't think I'd want to jump into one of them -- there's that possibility of ending up as food...

message 16: by Christal (new)

Christal I too think it would be fun to be a witch at Hogwarts. I'd be all over Oliver Wood, lol.

I also think it would be fun to be a part of Charlaine Harris' Southern Vampire Mysteries. Sookie seems like she would be a fun friend, granted she could read your mind, and there is no shortage of hunky guys in Bon Temps, LA!

The Kushiel trilogy by Jacqueline Carey is so detailed and believable, it would be wonderful to actually see it.

message 17: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (andreag) | 74 comments I'm currently reading Enchanted April for an upcoming discussion in another group. A villa in Italy overlooking the sea is sounding pretty darn good. So that's my current pick.

message 18: by April (new)

April (contusions96) Christal-
You'd have to get through me first!! :)

message 19: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 354 comments Huh....odd how no one mentioned Harry Potter. I thought for sure more people would want to live at Hogwarts.
;-)

message 20: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydneyh) Shoot, now I'm thinking about this more, because I want to go ANYWHERE on vacation... but Mary Kay Andrews sets her books in Savannah Georgia... I really think I could live there!

message 21: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth For me, it has to be Innocence by Penelope Fitzgerald. Hang out in Tuscany, drink good wine, enjoy the sunsets. What could be better?

message 22: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Hickman (bkread2) | 233 comments What better than Tuscany? Only if it is on someone else's dime would it be better!! Now if I can just win the lottery I would be more than HAPPY to hang out there for a few years! Don't forget all that great food from the region as well. hmmmm, the light, sunflowers, lavender, quint boules' courts filled with the locals, nice plazas, the arts, even the music. Paradise!!!

message 23: by Kate (new)

Kate | 106 comments I would happily live in the Thursday Next novels. I think it would be so fun to jump from story to story to story. I can also understand why many people picked Harry Potter.

I also think it would be fun to live in some of the PG Woodehouse novels. They are funny.

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) I would like to try living in a Jane Austen novel. I'd love to experience one of the community dances, and observe the manners of the era.

message 25: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn (quietcait) | 102 comments As much as I LOVE Jane Austen novels, I don't think I could live in one. I really like all the progression women have made since then. I would definitely enjoy the magical delight of Harry Potter's world. Otherwise it would definitely be a great travel book such as Under the Tuscan Sun or France, A Love Story.

message 26: by Petra (last edited Oct 10, 2015 02:48PM) (new)

Petra I agree with Kate. I think it would be fun to live in the Thursday Next books. Her world is like ours but with changes, and I would love to have a dodo as a pet. Like many here, I would also like running water and some modern conveniences. Thursday's world has all that.