Manhunt: The 12 Day Chase For Abraham Lincoln's Killer Manhunt discussion

Details

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janet (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:18PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Janet Scott Did anyone else think this book needed editing?
While I admired the author's research, sources, and knowledge, I thought he included lots of small details just because he knew them, not necessarily because they were important to understanding the manhunt for Lincoln's assassin.

Savannah Barnes Yeah, I thought that too, all the little details made it a really hard think to read. It took me a month!

Audrey I thought this book was well written and very easy to read. Some books on historical events are so very dry; however, this one was interesting from start to finish.

message 4: by Hal (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hal Edwards I guess I must read too many history books. I found the book easy to read. I found the details fascinating. I especially enjoyed insights into the conspirators dislike of Lincoln. I was especially fascinated by the fact that Booth did not get very far away. I had always thought he had lots of distance on the authorities when he left D.C. I thought it was very well researched.

Diane I loved this book- I learned so much and it was well written with good detail. It was easy to read and kept my interest from beginning to end.

Josh As a student of American history (specifically the 1860s) I found this book very interesting from start to finish, I have also read other books and watched documentaries on the subject and found the book to be very accurate and factual. As for the tiny details I found them interesting, and I thought the author did a great job of adding them in and not just giving the highlights of the story... If you like this book you will like The Assassin's Accomplice. Check it out

Jason As others have repeated here, I found the book easy to read and captivating. I guess I like details.

message 8: by Deb (new) - rated it 5 stars

Deb Fullerton I loved this book. I read alot of books about Lincoln and the assassination but I listened to this one and maybe for that reason I found it more interesting. I liked all the details.

Kressel Housman I thought it was great, but for those who thought it was too detailed, you might want to check out the young adult edition of this book, commissioned by Scholastic: Chasing Lincoln's Killer. The author asked his own kids how he should do it, and they said, "Leave in all the blood."

syberjamie I thought the inclusion of detail in this book was just right. Not enough to confuse or bore, just enough to enrich a wonderful, to me somewhat "cinematic" experience.

For me, one skillfully included detail, can fully flesh out a scene in "minds eye."