Young Writers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > NAMES - Old

Comments Showing 1-50 of 363 (363 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by Annemarie, hi (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 3393 comments Mod
Need a name? Have a suggestion for a name? Just want to talk about names? Well here you go.

message 2: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 853 comments I love names. To death. Names are my favorite part of a character.

message 3: by Elliott (last edited Jun 06, 2010 03:17PM) (new)

Elliott | 22636 comments Mod
I still need a perfect name for Delcan/Tristan/Nolan/Brennan/Jonathon.

message 4: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 10786 comments Lalie Belle (Lavendarlol) wrote: "I still need a perfect name for Delcan/Tristan/Nolan/Brennan/Jonathon."

Brennan is a good name! Or Nolan.

message 5: by Elliott (new)

I love the name Brennan to death. Problem is, he's the real person it's based on. So if I ever did get it published, it would be a bit awkward.

message 6: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 853 comments Nolan is a good one, I think

message 7: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 10786 comments Lalie Belle (Lavendarlol) wrote: "I love the name Brennan to death. Problem is, he's the real person it's based on. So if I ever did get it published, it would be a bit awkward."

Oh. Well then do Nolan! *chuckles*

message 8: by Elliott (new)

I think I'm going to use Nolan. Or maybe Noel. I like the name Noel, but most people think of it as Noel as in the Christmas pronunciation... hmmm...

message 9: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 10786 comments As in 'pronounced like Joel but with an N?'.

message 10: by Elliott (new)

Yeah. Not 'No-L.'

message 11: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 10786 comments Cool. When it's a guy I just naturally assume that. :P That's a good name too.

message 12: by Elliott (new)

I think I'm going to use Noel. It fits the best for me. Yay! I'm so happy! I finally found a name!

message 13: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) | 5031 comments I am completely obsessed with names. It takes me ages to choose one that sounds like my character and just fits their existence. My current protagonists for my books are called Clio (NOT the car, is in Cleo, but with an I), Yolanda, Erik, Ia and Seondeok.

message 14: by Laura (new)

Laura  | 911 comments I like Adonis, Anne, Adelaide...pretty much all A-names.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I LOVE guy names on girls...Like Charley, Masen,
Cameron, Devon, etc.

message 16: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments Tez♫ wrote: "I am completely obsessed with names. It takes me ages to choose one that sounds like my character and just fits their existence. My current protagonists for my books are called Clio (NOT the car,..."

:O I LURVE it when people spell Erik with a "K"! YAY, K'S!!!

message 17: by Laura (new)

Laura  | 911 comments haha...I was obsessed with k-names once.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha K's are overrated...But that's just my opinion.

message 20: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) | 5031 comments Emily, Zepikness Savior of the Muffins wrote: "Tez♫ wrote: "I am completely obsessed with names. It takes me ages to choose one that sounds like my character and just fits their existence. My current protagonists for my books are called Cli..."

I only spelt it like that because he lives somewhere in northern Europe (the location is never exactly given because it's set in the future and loads of land has been flooded), which could be anywhere from Wales to Sweden to Holland, so I thought the most common spelling in the Germanic nations would be with a K.

message 21: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments The reason I like it like that is because I love the Phantom of the Opera and his name is Erik. XD It's just zepik spelt like that.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I love names, but I always have the hardest time figuring them out. Ask Kenny! I tend to have a lot of Ls in my names though. Here are a few I especially like:

Gabriel Isaac Glade
Sullivan Lionelle Archer (She is indeed a girl.)
Evangeline Kiera Rowe
Joseph Everett Dixon
Darian "Ian" Maitland Marks
Adrienne Joan Stephens

message 23: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) | 5031 comments Maxy wrote: "I love names, but I always have the hardest time figuring them out. Ask Kenny! I tend to have a lot of Ls in my names though. Here are a few I especially like:

Gabriel Isaac Glade
Sullivan Lion..."

I love the name Evangeline, but it doesn't fit any of the people or places in my current stories, alas.

message 24: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 10786 comments Names are my favourite part. Ask any of my friends: I have bunches.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

I love the name Ziphora!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

The Trying to be Optimistic Pessimist (Dayna) wrote: "WOW. Kenny, that's IMPRESSIVE."

Indeed.

message 28: by Elliott (new)

These are my two favorite names in the world: Lelia and Lalie Belle

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Nice. My favourite girl name is Mason/en

message 30: by Elliott (new)

I like Masen better than Mason. I know it shouldn't matter, but it really does.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha I know!! I knew a few guys in my school named Mason, and then I heard of a girl being named Mason/en and triedit out...It just looked wrong, so I tried Masen and it looked better, for a girl, at least.

message 32: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 10786 comments The Trying to be Optimistic Pessimist (Dayna) wrote: "WOW. Kenny, that's IMPRESSIVE."

Thanks. And sorry I disappeared.

message 33: by Laura (new)

Laura  | 911 comments Annana Flambe du Mort (Erica) wrote: "Haha I know!! I knew a few guys in my school named Mason, and then I heard of a girl being named Mason/en and triedit out...It just looked wrong, so I tried Masen and it looked better, for a girl, ..."

There's a boy at my school named Mason. He's slightly odd.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Laura wrote: "Annana Flambe du Mort (Erica) wrote: "Haha I know!! I knew a few guys in my school named Mason, and then I heard of a girl being named Mason/en and triedit out...It just looked wrong, so I tried Ma..."

There's a boy at my school named Mason. He's an idiot.

message 35: by Jillian (last edited Jun 10, 2010 12:09PM) (new)

Jillian (jilljam) | 145 comments Names are the best part. I always have a bunch I haven't even thought up a story for them. I love Charley on a girl. I'm obsessed with M names. and S. I've always liked Serafine, Marley, Arabelle, Sophie, and Mackenzie. I'm also obsessed with Russian names and Irish names. Right now I like Ruari and Saoirse. and Aoife. just cause it's pronounced like Eva or Ava. It sounds cute =] but yeah I also like Nolan

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) | 2218 comments I neeed a name for one of my characters. He's in his thirties, divorced, and he used to be a U.S. Marine until a man snuck into his house and accidently killed his seven year old daughter instead of him. What should i name him?

message 37: by Laura (new)

Laura  | 911 comments :O that's tragic...um....

Jared
Miles
Richard
Case or Casey
Leeland

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Miles.

message 39: by Laura (new)

Laura  | 911 comments Miles is an awesome name.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Indeed!!

message 41: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments Miles XD Good times, good times....
Erica, you remember that story?

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

I need advice on this names. I can't tell if they're epic or just my desperate mind in need of names for an old-fashioned fantasy.

Rowan (M)
Elya or Elia (F)
Brie (M/F) Yes, I know it's a kind of cheese
Ember (M/F)
Katalya (F)

I shut up now.

message 43: by Elliott (new)

I like Rowan and Elya. And Brie until you said the cheese thing.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Want some really Wicked names?
Leesie
MG
Aizlinn
Chris-simple but ya gotta luv it

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Alice Adelaide (Lavendarlol) wrote: "I like Rowan and Elya. And Brie until you said the cheese thing."

I didn't think of the cheese when I actually came up with the name, haha. I was tired when I wrote that message.

message 46: by Laura (new)

Laura  | 911 comments The Dramatastic Dayna wrote: "BRIE ALL THE WAY.

I need a NaNo name.. Here's the background: There is a girl that is part of a traveling carnival. She is very deep and brooding, and her family all works in the works of the car..."

Brie, like the cheese?

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

BRIE!

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

It´s also a French province.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

France...you gotta love that place.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Indeed!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.