Young Writers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Why Do You Write?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 97 (97 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Annemarie, hi (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 3393 comments Mod
Why do you write?

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura  | 911 comments Because I love to.

. . . and because I would fail Language Arts if I didn't.

message 3: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments Because I get inspired and I have no other talents... but then again, I'm horrible at writing. (Everytime I say that, everyone gets all defensive and say I'm not... then one of my friends looks at my stories and criticizes away!)

message 4: by Elliott (new)

Elliott | 22636 comments Mod
Sheer boredom.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I need to make the voices in my head shut up. And if I'm not writing, I feel like I'm going more and more insane...

message 6: by Elliott (new)

(Sheer boredom is not my true answer, btw. I just put the real one in the old topic.)

message 7: by Baxter, butts butts butts (new)

Baxter (julietrocksmysocks) | 2455 comments Mod
Because every so often I actually have something so say.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Because words are all I have, and no one's willing to listen.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Why is the sky blue?

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

It has something to do with the atmosphere...

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Emily, Zepikness Savior of the Muffins wrote: "Because I get inspired and I have no other talents... but then again, I'm horrible at writing. (Everytime I say that, everyone gets all defensive and say I'm not... then one of my friends looks at..."

Criticism makes you a better writer, well constructive criticism...

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Hayden wrote: "It has something to do with the atmosphere..."

*facepalms* lol never mind...

message 13: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 22, 2010 09:51PM) (new)

:)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

O_o what's that?

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

It was a messed up smiley. But I fixed it.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh okay that makes more sense.

message 17: by check (new)

check does there really have to be a clear answer?

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) | 2218 comments to have an excuse for not playing baseball with my cousin.(because it ALWAYS ends in a fight)

message 19: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (i-am-not-real) | 1495 comments I write so I can let it all out. I think I'd explode if I didn't. There'd be guts everywhere and I don't want my house to look like a slasher film.

message 20: by Hayden (last edited Jun 24, 2010 10:41PM) (new)

Hayden | 137 comments Good, good.

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) | 2218 comments Mitchell wrote: "I write so I can let it all out. I think I'd explode if I didn't. There'd be guts everywhere and I don't want my house to look like a slasher film."

because that would be bad.

message 22: by Hayden (new)

Hayden | 137 comments Yeah.

message 23: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (i-am-not-real) | 1495 comments Jordan wrote: "Mitchell wrote: "I write so I can let it all out. I think I'd explode if I didn't. There'd be guts everywhere and I don't want my house to look like a slasher film."

because that would be bad."

Yes, it would be. I don't particularly want to explode because it sounds painful.

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) | 2218 comments it does. *shuddrs*

message 25: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments *pats Jordan's back* Do you want a cookie?

message 26: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) | 10724 comments NO COOKIES FOR JORDAN! Bad, baaaaad idea!

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) | 2218 comments *whines* but i want a cookie! *grabs cookie from Emily* COOKIE! *gobbles*

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) | 2218 comments no, not really. *mutters* airhead.

message 29: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) | 10724 comments Jordan wrote: "no, not really. *mutters* airhead."

SCUSA ME!?!?! Were you talking to ME!?

message 30: by Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (last edited Jul 05, 2010 02:35PM) (new)

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) | 2218 comments no, i was talking to the wall *mutters* jerk.

message 31: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments Indecisive Dayna wrote: "I write because I am told I am good at it. Woah... that sounded like a pathetic reason."

I'm horrible. But no one thinks so. :\ Now, if I could get some FEEDBACK I could know.

(So please read this to tell me:
http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/2...
Chapter 8 coming soon!)

message 32: by Elliott (new)

I'll read it soon. I'm busy though.

message 33: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments That's okay.

message 34: by Elliott (new)

But you might not want to but spam in the topics. Mods are supposedly watching us.

message 35: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments DUN DUN DUN!!!

...What do you mean, spam? I posted my story.

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) | 2218 comments Leslie Noel (Lavendarlol) wrote: "But you might not want to but spam in the topics. Mods are supposedly watching us."

SUPPOSEDLY.

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) I write because my life would be boring without it. Writing allows me to explore other places, fall in love, break up with someone, or solve a crime. Granted, reading does that too, but writing it is so much better. You can control where the story will go and no one can say differently. Sorry for my speech, I think I might have gone a little bit overboard on that one. Oh well!

message 38: by Elliott (new)

Exactly how I feel.

message 39: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments Me too. Until I read it and delete my writing because of how bad it is.

message 40: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments In my case, if I don't delete it, it is a big no-no.

message 41: by Jo (new)

Jo (Penname8) | 1574 comments because i feel happy, influential and free

message 42: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) | 5031 comments Because I can. Because everything I'm not and everything I want to be can happen in my writing, so that everything that could happen and everything that doesn't, happens. I can be both who I really am and somebody else depending on what mood I'm in.

That may or may not have sounded confusing, so...yeah. Numerous reasons, is all. Oh, and I have something to say but I prefer writing it in the form of a novel/poem/whatever to telling people directly.

message 43: by Julian (new)

Julian Moreno (emmieloowhoo) | 7315 comments Because I find comfort in words. Paper is my best friend, because words are all I have and no one's willing to listen. And because to me, words being on paper makes them real.

message 44: by Lauren (new)

Lauren I love to write to let loose of my emotions and to go crazy! :)

message 45: by 'Manda (new)

'Manda (slnder) I love to write because it helps/boosts my imagination and it makes me more creative. It also adds depth to my personality.

message 46: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (shyluck13) | 54 comments I love to write because I can create an alternate universe to leave to when this one is too much to bear. Writing allows me to travel all the journey's I may never have the opportunity to later on, physically, mentally, emotionally or, well, in reality.

message 47: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments I love to write also because that's where all my feelings go. Like all my romantic feelings go into my writing, all my anger and rage goes in there too, and etc. My writing is basically me.

message 48: by Susannah (new)

Susannah | 6 comments I love to write because I can create worlds and stories that could never truly happen. I can be the people that I want to be and I can live the life that I want to live.

message 49: by Susannah (new)

Susannah | 6 comments I could not get through life without writing. I am constantly seeing the words in my head that describe exactly what is happening at my life at that moment. I've been doing it for so long that I don't think I could ever possibly stop.

message 50: by Finley (new)

Finley Mac | 334 comments I write for the same reasons Susannah does.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.