Tamora Lovers discussion

Chapter One

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph (new)

Steph (kitsune_chan) | 90 comments Mod
"The Lady in the Forest" is where Alanna meets the Mother, the Goddess, while on an errand for Myles. Before, she is greeted by a purple eyed cat (who she later names Faithful). The Goddess tells Alanna she has three fears: love, the Ordeal, and Duke Roger. She gives Alanna an ember stone before she takes her leave.

We also learn that Coram has went back to Trebond since Alanna's father has died. Faithful also does not like Rger at all, and makes it retty well known to him.

message 2: by Steph (new)

Steph (kitsune_chan) | 90 comments Mod
I think the thing I like alot during this chapter was in the first pages when she gets spooked by a spider. It's nice to see even though she'sa warrior, she can still be afraid of something so simple.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

one line in particular made me think: IS Jon "responsible about being the heir" as Alanna says? Roger could suggest things, but he didn't change Jon's personality... What do you all think?

message 4: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) I love the spider part! And also how the Goddess riminds her of her fears, reminding her that she is human and that she must confront her fears.