Moning Maniacs discussion

Archives/Dead Threads > Questions we still have after reading book 4

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

valee | 1037 comments Mod
Hey girls, I was reading some threads in the group and saw you were posting questions regarding book 5. I think we should put them here so once we start reading it all together we can go answering them.

Please read the ones others post so you don't repeat. Try not to comment about them yet. Once we get the answers for sure by reading it you can post, for now let's just post the questions.

So ONLY post here question to be answered in book 5.

message 2: by valee, Barrons Maniac (last edited May 25, 2010 12:39PM) (new)

Ex. (Don't repeat this):

1) Who is the beast?
2) Will Barrons and Mac end up together?
3) What is really Barrons?

message 3: by Marissa (last edited May 25, 2010 01:21PM) (new)

Marissa (millionmph) | 237 comments 4) Who was the fourth during Mac's rape?
5) What happened to Barrons & Christian when the walls fell & how did they end up in the Silvers?
6) Who killed Alina?
7) Who is Mac's real father?

message 4: by Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (last edited May 25, 2010 04:33PM) (new)

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) | 151 comments 8) Why does Barrons really want the book?
9) Who is the dead woman that Barrons brought through the mirror?
10) Where did V'Lane go and why?
11) Is Darroc truly evil?

kc (4saintjude) (4saintjude) | 13 comments 12) What is the only other power to stand against the Tuatha De?
13) Is Ryodan really dead?
14) What is the prophecy regarding Mac?
15) Who is the traitor inside the Abbey?
16) What is Mac really?

message 6: by Leigh (new)

Leigh (llogan24) | 5 comments 17. Why couldn't Barrons get to Mac quicker after being w/ the MacKeltars?
18. Did Barrons sabotage the thing that was taken to the Abbey (forgive me for forgetting the name...it's been awhile since i read it)?

message 7: by Terri (new)

Terri Russell 19. Who is the lady in the cold dreams?
20. Who is the haven?
21. Did Mac's Mother have soemthing to do with the book disappearing?

message 8: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 352 comments Mod
22. what was fiona gonna say before barrons shut her up?

message 9: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

23. Why did Barrons reacted the way he did the day Mac gave him the b-day cake?

message 10: by Marissa (last edited Jul 13, 2010 06:46AM) (new)

Marissa (millionmph) | 237 comments 24. Why was Dani's blood necessary for the wards in the Abbey, and why is it supposed to be kept a secret?

25. Why did the woman in the locked room say to Mac "You are not one of us"?

26. Why did Nana mistake Mac for Alina?

27. Why did Barrons ask Mac "What the f#@k are you?" after the book almost killed her in the alley?
28. Did the book actually kill Mac in the alley and she somehow healed, causing for question #27?

29. When Mac asks Barrons "what are you", he replies "The one who will never let you die, and that's more, Ms. Lane, than anyone in your life has ever been able to say to you. More than anyone else can do.", how can he be so sure he will never let her die, let alone know that no one else could do the same?

30. Was/is everything from Macs time in the Silvers only a dream?

message 11: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (millionmph) | 237 comments Sorry guys I found my notes...lol

31. What are the silver cuffs Barrons and Ryodan wear?
32. How did Christian become the human lie detector?
33. What is the dark lake in Macs head?
34. Why does Mac make the hallows glow when she touches them?
35. Why did BB&B change from 4 stories to 5?

message 12: by Marissa (last edited Jul 13, 2010 07:30AM) (new)

Marissa (millionmph) | 237 comments 36. What secrets does Dani know about Mac that she thinks would cause them to fight, or Mac would never forgiver her for?
37. What was the shadow thing that Dani saw during Macs rape?
38. Who was the 4th 'rapist' that ministered her tenderly?
39. What was the liquid the 4th used to 'quench her thirst'?
40. Why were there pages torn out of the book, and who was able to touch it long enough to tear pages from it?

message 13: by Kelleigh (last edited Jul 13, 2010 08:32AM) (new)

Kelleigh (goodreadscomsunshine2047) | 34 comments Luuuuucy!....you've got some splainin to do!

message 14: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (millionmph) | 237 comments 41. Who is the Abbey's benefactor?

message 15: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

Ok, if I ever need to write down notes, I'll consult you first, girl you're awesome. This re-read is gonna be so fun. We can discuss every detail.

Can't wait for that re-read

message 16: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (millionmph) | 237 comments I had colored sticky tabs and everything. Pathetic, but helpful. :p

message 17: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

lol, seriously, thanks for sharing. It will make the re-read extremely interesting. I'll print the questions so I can answer them all,lol. Probably some will stay unanswered until the spin off though.

True Love Forever (trueloveforever) | 329 comments Leigh wrote: "17. Why couldn't Barrons get to Mac quicker after being w/ the MacKeltars?
18. Did Barrons sabotage the thing that was taken to the Abbey (forgive me for forgetting the name...it's been awhile si..."

Barrons said he did not put the shades in the? for the Abbey. i believe him

True Love Forever (trueloveforever) | 329 comments THe liquid is a good question and who the 4th person was.
I want to know who Mac grandfather adn father are. i think this will explain, "what Mac is". The arm bands are explained. Cruce made them I think. I think it might say in the back of hte book what some of these questions are asking.

message 20: by Émeraude (new)

Émeraude | 17 comments When Mac asks Barrons "what are you", he replies "The one who will never let you die, and that's more, Ms. Lane, than anyone in your life has ever been able to say to you. More than anyone else can do." , how can he be so sure he will never let her die, let alone know that no one else could do the same?

True Love Forever (trueloveforever) | 329 comments Sounds like the Unseelie/Seelie King. He didn't want his concubine to die either. Everyone says Cruc is dead too. Wonder if he really is. I don't hink her time in teh silvers was a dream. But I wondered how much of stuff is hse remember ing from when she wass a child or was it from a different life? Nana said she has all of her memories she just needs to try adn remember. That lake place inside of her she had before she drank something fromt eh 4th person. Was she alrady part fae? The lady at the abby when she passes the wards says you are not one of us. Same as V'lane I am thinking. Her blood must be different now or was already. I think Dani is part something too. That is why Rowena used her blood. Rowena and V'lane adn even dani know about Mac more than sh knows about herself. maybe even Nana. I'm not sure Barrons knows what she is though.

True Love Forever (trueloveforever) | 329 comments The book/saw blade mouth brother guy was knawing on her I think, but she must have healed, Remeber Barrons was covered in her blood. I thnk she even stopeed breathing maybe, because when she wakes up she takes that shaky breath adn Barrons turns around and is on her right after that with voice demanding to know what she is. I love that part. And how she laughs her head off. And then how she overcomes voice once and for all. I was kind of sad when she said Barrons doens't know her heart though. I think he kind of does. When he was trying to unmake her priya he did things for her with pictures, music, dancing talking etc that were above and beyond normal Barrons behavior I think.

message 23: by ☻Nikki☻ (last edited Jan 01, 2011 10:22PM) (new)

☻Nikki☻ C (nikkic1998) Ok...I just finished my reread the other day and noticed this:

“Sleep,” he orders in that strange, multilayered voice. “Now.” I resist, but he keeps saying it over and over. After a time, he sings to me. Finally, he gets inks and draws upon my skin. He has done it before. It tickles…but soothes.

OK...I'm assuming this is new tattoo(s)?? I don't know if the "He has done it before" part is referring to when he first tattooed her back in Bloodfever or if he means more than once since she's been Pri-ya.

Either way, it sounds as if she definitely has at least one more tattoo that we don't know where is. Is it another tracking tattoo?? Doubt it since he mentioned it doesn't lead him to her exact location but more a general area. If not for tracking, then what?? And how did Barrons not find the mark that Darroc supposedly left on her when he had her naked and explored her body for months??

message 24: by ☻Nikki☻ (new)

☻Nikki☻ C (nikkic1998) Also, in response to question #15 above:

15) Who is the traitor inside the Abbey?

I believe the traitor is Jo. At the first part of Dreamfever - Dani & Jo get into a altercation about Mac

"I don't know why you bother," Jo throws over her shoulder. " She spiked the Orb. She flirted with a Seelie Prince. She was asking for it. Fae and human don't mix. That the whole point of our order--we keep the races apart. She got what she was asking for."

Then we learn that Jo can cross wards. When the sidhe-seers confront Mac & Dani trying to get into the forbidden libraries.

"I can get past most," Barb said, shoving past her. "You're not so hot, Jo can, too." She turned around. "Where'd Jo go?" She looked at Dani. "Wasn't she just here?"
Dani shrugged. "She left."

We know that someone got black paint all over the wards surrounding Mac when she was in the basement of the abbey. In order to break a ward you have to be able to pass it...so we know Jo can get past them and doesn't like Mac. That's my theory anyway =D

True Love Forever (trueloveforever) | 329 comments I think it might be Jo and to some extent I don't trust Rowena either. But if she went through all of that effort to ward Mac when they brought her there priya I don't think she would then sabotage Mac, unless it was all for show for Dani.

THe tattoo is interesting. I am wondering the same thing about teh supposed it Darroc tatt and Barrons not noticing it. He could have beene painting druid stuff on her and not permanent stuff,. Didn't her paint on her before in one of the earlier books to help her heal.

message 26: by ☻Nikki☻ (new)

☻Nikki☻ C (nikkic1998) I wondered myself if it was a tattoo or some other type of painting?? but have we heard anything about Druids painting on someone? The only thing I remember right off is tattooing but I could be wrong.

Mac found red/black smudges of ink on her arm at the beginning of Bloodfever, when she was recovering from the ordeal at the warehouse. I guess it could have been something he painted on her, but I assumed it was ink from when he first did the tracking tattoo. We know he had to tattoo her when she was out of it & he was taking care of her.

I don't know...maybe I'm putting too much into it.

True Love Forever (trueloveforever) | 329 comments I think it was just paint for healing. From what I am remebering anyways.

message 28: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (millionmph) | 237 comments Okay, so I think at least 90% of these questions have been answered in the final book!
What do we think now?