Fans of our own work discussion

Unusual Talking > Talking in first person

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kenzie (last edited Jun 07, 2008 03:19PM) (new)

Kenzie "Do you like to talk in first person?" I asked. "Then talk here! For those of us who love to talk in first person join the 'First person' group made by our very own Veronica. And if you want to chat here here's the place to do it. Please keep from talking in first person on other topics as some of the people may not enjoy it."

(link to first person group)http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/5...

message 2: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie "Hey! Anyone there?" I shout. Looks around sadly. "I guess not," I mutter to myself. Starts singing, "...I'm all alone, and there's no one here beside me. My trouble have all gone. But you gotta have friends!" I shut up realizing I've just sang it wrong and have no idea how it goes. I stare at the wall.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi there!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

"How is talking in first person unusual, everbody does it I think," I stated, bluntly. "Wouldn't it be more unusual to talk in third person?" Asked Alexej.

message 5: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie "No. People don't talk in first person," I say, then it dawns on her. "Yes! They do! Weeeeiiiiirrrrrdddddd....I'll start a third person topic as well!"

message 6: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 09, 2008 05:00AM) (new)

"Yeah people kind of do talk in first person except they live out the 'I say' or 'I exclaimed'," Say I.

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 13, 2008 08:00AM) (new)

"Now the one thing that has always been a matter of confusion for me is, the difference between third person and second person, is there any difference?" I asked.

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) "There is second person?" i ask.

Felicity/Rosestar (felicity) "Yes," I respond, "Second person includes you and we. A letter is form of second person."

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) "Really?" i wanted to know. "I had totally forgotten about that. Thank you."

message 11: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie "Me neither," I say.

message 12: by Judith (new)

Judith Furedi (cutepoet) | 3 comments She had no idea of how much I disliked even thinking about her. I would have said something but as always I prefer to keep these thoughts to myself.

She was just too perfect. Even they knew.

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) I know that, I say, but it is not used often.

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) now i'm confused.

message 15: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) Now i'm even more confused.

message 16: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) "I wasn't talknig, I was thinking." i retort.

message 17: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) "Well," I say in an annoying nasaly tone, "If you are thinking, you must indicate that you are thinking." I pause, thinking of an anolygy that I could use. "It's like failing to act like a chicken, and trying to have people guess that you are a chicken, like charades."

message 18: by Michelle (last edited Jun 11, 2008 01:55PM) (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) That made no sense. "If i'm not thinking, there are no quotation marks. Was that not clear? Sorry." i surrender.

message 19: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) "Sorry," I say. "I meant that you would have to say something like this: My feet are gross, I think to myself." I pause. "Or you could just use italics for you thoughts. That would work. That way nobody would think that you were talking weird."

message 20: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) "Oh, ok," i say, understanding.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

"Technically speaking, even thoughts like, 'I wonder what that red flashing light means?' or 'I wonder what that's all about' should even be put within quotation marks," I stated bluntly.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

"Yall really need to study how the english language works," I said as I paused for a moment to collect my thoughts. "Thinking is speaking, it is just that you are speaking to yourself; More or less." I thought as I stared blankly at the screen.

message 23: by Michelle (last edited Jun 13, 2008 10:29AM) (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) what screen? Oh, does this work?? i think to myself. it should work, it always does, interestingly enough.
not to mention she didn't like the english language one bit, she preferred Italian or French or even Australian. these were not too complicated and had less broken rules, if any.

message 24: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) I am confused by part of what Michelle said. "How can you prefer Australian to English when Australian is just a dialect, and not a language?"

message 25: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) "Exactly!!So it's easy to understand!!" I say. That was the best part.
"Actually, they have odd words. if they talk fast enough, you can't understand a thing." I finish matter-of-factly.

message 26: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) "That's true," I retort, "But it's still just another version of English!"

Not wanting to argue anymore, I sigh and think of the frozen mini-pizza I am microwaving to ease my hunger. I also think of the pizza I ate yesterday for dinner at ceder point.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

"Hi" I cheerfully bellowed.

message 28: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) "Hi," i say, not quite there.

message 29: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) "Why?" i ask.

message 30: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) "Well," I say, trying to be helpful, "Would giving you an air hug across states help? If it would, then I send you an air hug. If not, lend the hug to somebody else."