Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Fun Stuff > You Know You're a Dangerous Hero Addict When...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 9734 comments Mod
This is always a lot of fun to list reasons why you're addicted to something. I thought...why not our dangerous heroes??

So, how do you know you're a dangerous hero addict?

message 2: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 4150 comments Mod
When you can't stop talking about the Dangerous Bad Boy.

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

When your reading selections pretty much all have bad boys.
When you have a scale of bad boyness and different classifications of badboys (as reflected by your shelves on Goodreads).
When you watch a movie and fall in love with the villain.

message 4: by Arch (new)

Oh you are right Danielle, the bad boys need their book shelves.

message 5: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (zee_monodee) | 688 comments Lol - yup about the villains!

Or, when you'd ditch stable home and guy for a man who looks like he can only give you hours before either he or you will be dead by danger

When the sight of a gun on him is more swoon-worthy than a Savile Row suit.

message 6: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I'm like that about swords. Something about a sword is so sexy to me, especially a Japanese katana, or sais. :)

message 7: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Although a sexy guy with two guns, now that makes me melt. :)

message 8: by Arch (new)

A sexy guy with guns and a warp sense of humor is sexy.

message 9: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (zee_monodee) | 688 comments I agree about the swords. The guys with the katanas in the GI Joe movie made me melt!

The warp sense of humor is good too, Arch. My idea of warped funny is House MD funny, but that's not everyone's cup of tea.

message 10: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I love a guy with a sarcastic or warped sense of humor.

message 11: by Kathy Anne (new)

Kathy Anne (kathyanne) I have to add a Stetson

message 12: by Arch (new)

Zee wrote: "I agree about the swords. The guys with the katanas in the GI Joe movie made me melt!

The warp sense of humor is good too, Arch. My idea of warped funny is House MD funny, but that's not everyon..."

I like House, but I couldn't work with him.

message 13: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 120 comments Zee your first post is funny!
Love it

message 14: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Ooh, I do like a cowboy hero.

message 15: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 272 comments AMEN!!!

Arch wrote: "A sexy guy with guns and a warp sense of humor is sexy."

message 16: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 272 comments Me too!!

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Ooh, I do like a cowboy hero."

message 17: by Emily (last edited May 25, 2010 05:13PM) (new)

Emily (ipodaddict18) | 87 comments Debbie wrote: "AMEN!!!

Arch wrote: "A sexy guy with guns and a warp sense of humor is sexy.""

Double AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 18: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (zee_monodee) | 688 comments Danielle - that warped sense of humour can be very dangerous!

Arch - couldn't work with House either. I'd want to throttle him after a couple hours!

Sharon - glad you thought it was funny. :)

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) I'm always looking out for a dark long-haired hunk wearing a long trench coat, preferably black leather, strutting down the street looking all smoldering and sexy. I wonder why I can't find one? ;-)

message 20: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Oh, I never see those kinds of guys. Trench coats are so sexy. But then, I live in Texas. He'd fry if he dressed like that around here.

message 21: by Arch (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Oh, I never see those kinds of guys. Trench coats are so sexy. But then, I live in Texas. He'd fry if he dressed like that around here."

The hero would fry in this weater, where I live as well. :)

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Oh, I never see those kinds of guys. Trench coats are so sexy. But then, I live in Texas. He'd fry if he dressed like that around here."

Yeah, Danielle. I hear ya. I live in Texas as well. *sigh* Oh well. I can still hope for it someday. LOL!

message 23: by Kathy Anne (new)

Kathy Anne (kathyanne) Jessa,
You could look in New Orleons for the guy in the trench and leather,I remember when that was Ash.
Sherrilyn started him out great.

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) Kathy Anne wrote: "Jessa,
You could look in New Orleons for the guy in the trench and leather,I remember when that was Ash.
Sherrilyn started him out great."

Ooohh....I'm going to New Orleans in August for vacation. I'll definitely be on the lookout. My eyeballs would fall out of my head if I ran across someone half as hot as Ash.

message 25: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

You probably will see some hot guys in NO, Jessa.

message 26: by Arch (new)

I don't like NO.

message 27: by Emily (new)

Emily (ipodaddict18) | 87 comments you know I always thought a really hot bad boy would smeel like leather and gunsmoke. I know thats random but it just poped into my head.

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) Emily wrote: "you know I always thought a really hot bad boy would smeel like leather and gunsmoke. I know thats random but it just poped into my head."

I could see that, especially with those hunky Cowboys that look like this:

Jared (Shadow Wranglers, #2) by Sarah McCarty

message 29: by Emily (new)

Emily (ipodaddict18) | 87 comments yeah I totally could see that.

message 30: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Emily, that sounds very 'bad boy.'

message 31: by Emily (new)

Emily (ipodaddict18) | 87 comments thanks.

message 32: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (zee_monodee) | 688 comments Since Eemily mentioned smells, I have no idea why I always think of the fragrance Old Spice when I think bad boy/dangerous hero.

message 33: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I think of my dad, because he used to wear Old Spice.

message 34: by Emily (new)

Emily (ipodaddict18) | 87 comments I can see a bad boy smelling like Old Spice Zee.

message 35: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (zee_monodee) | 688 comments Emily wrote: "I can see a bad boy smelling like Old Spice Zee."

There's something about that fragrance. It's like something old and something new and something edgy all in one.

message 36: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (zee_monodee) | 688 comments Oh, another thing: you know you're addicted to dangerous heroes when you want to swat a man when he makes you laugh. A dangerous hero is intense, not funny!

message 37: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 381 comments You know you're addicted to DH's when you choose your books, movies, TV shows, etc. based on their BB rating potential! And books are my life, so . . . I'm in San Antonio, ladies, so no trench coats here either BUT what I wouldn't give to see a tall, long-legged, long-haired, semi-sneering hunk walking down the Riverwalk in supple leather pants, tight black T, BDB boots . . . ahhhh! But they couldn't look TOO dangerous or I'd take a good look then head for the hills (aka parking lot)!

message 38: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Great minds think alike, Cindi. I do the same. I wish I could see some scary-looking bad boys to run away from in real life. :)

message 39: by Kathy Anne (new)

Kathy Anne (kathyanne) Thats the way Kenyon used to describe Ash in NO,they would look around and there he was ,andddddd he was the boss man back in those days
I never cared for the story line after all the females got ahold of him-even his Mom and Daughter and made him their doormat,and I couldn`t read his book,I am so dissapointed with how that story line went.

message 40: by Kathy Anne (new)

Kathy Anne (kathyanne) Jessa,
If you do find another one like Ash dropping in the Big Easy(love that name, just had to do thatLOL)ask him to come back and we can ask our writers to rewrite Ash back to his old self.

message 41: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (mrs_hf) | 164 comments If you won't even look at a guy unless he has one of the following:

piercings
tattoos
swagger
"danger" written all over his face
trench coat
leather
shitkickers (Thanks Warden hehehe)
some kind of weapon on his person (preferably more than one)
callused hands
that specific "scent"

:::drool::: Put it all together and I'm gonna need to go change my underthings ;)

I live in Denver, CO near the mountains. Trench coats are pretty regular here in the fall/winter. :D

message 42: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Ooh! I love your list! I'm so jealous you get to see lots of guys in trench coats, Courtney!

message 43: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (zee_monodee) | 688 comments Lol, I love that list!

I live in the tropics, so not much trench coats either, but we do get the tattoos and stuff. Yum!

message 44: by Cindi (last edited May 30, 2010 03:53PM) (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 381 comments The trench coats have to be leather, tho! Or here's a good Denver Dangerous Hero missing the coat! Winter Kiss (Dragonfire, #4) by Deborah Cooke

message 45: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (zee_monodee) | 688 comments Or Burberry trench coats. These are really swoon-worthy!

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 635 comments I know I'm a dangerous hero addict when I'll hire a sitter so I can run out to buy the latest one.

message 47: by Arch (new)

Mollie wrote: "I know I'm a dangerous hero addict when I'll hire a sitter so I can run out to buy the latest one."

lol, yes that makes you an addict. :)

message 48: by Jen (new)

Jen (jencroup) I love my dreams about my bad boys! I've been dreaming about Ben from Mercy Thompson books lately. they are some hot dreams

♡Meme♡Reads love♡ | 203 comments When you go a store and realize this is where some of the guys from the Black dagger Brotherhood shop and get all excited and you and your BFF are acting all silly looking at the mens clothes wondering if our husbands would look good in a pair of "Affliction" jeans...
(Yes this did happen) They have a womens line called Sinful. I am sooo going back on my birthday. ;)

message 50: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

What store is that, Meme?

« previous 1