Ranger's Apprentice Fans discussion

Book Chat > Trailing...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 59 (59 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 91 comments Anyone think the series is sort of dragging on?

message 2: by Annie, Let's eat cookies (new)

Annie | 1136 comments Mod
why does it get boring?

message 3: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 91 comments your not getting that?

message 4: by austen (new)

austen (oncebef0re) I don't think so! But...that's just my opinion.

message 5: by Annie, Let's eat cookies (new)

I'm only on book five and i'm still a big fan

message 6: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) No, I don't think it's dragging on. I'm reading the eighth, I'll probably finish it by today. There's an interesting "twist" or secret, I should say, in it that is revealed. Although, Flanagan spend a lot of time with Halt in it which I don't mind but I wish Flanagan spent more time with Will.

message 7: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 91 comments i loved book four. but books five and six to me weren't great.

book seven, i loved. but the series is showing signs of age... isn't it? there were so many characters in erak's ransom, we didn't really get to hear much from some of them.

message 8: by Annie, Let's eat cookies (new)

really? i heard that book six is the best one!

message 9: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Six was amazing! I am some what disappointed with book eight. Once again...They spend a lot of time with Halt. Which is fine but I won't to read about WILL! There are some surprises in the eighth book that I was like, "What? I didn't think he would do that!" Other than spending more time wiith Halt and not enough with Will, I have no qualms with the book. The story is great.

message 10: by Annie, Let's eat cookies (new)

what happens in book eight? and i LOVE Halt

message 11: by austen (new)

austen (oncebef0re) Steph, don't you want to keep it a secret? :)

message 12: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) You sure you want to know, Stephanie? Hehe, it's weird adressing you when you have my name...

message 13: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 91 comments I LOVE HALT! i loved halt in book 3.

message 14: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Book three was okay. I love it when Halt and Horace travel together because Horace is so innocent. I love it in the third book when they see the girls in short skirts and Halt's like Horace they're corriers, they ahve short skirts in case they have to run to deliever a message. Then they bring the up in....nevre mind can't say...

message 15: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) ;)

message 16: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 91 comments i loved halt faking drunk.

message 17: by Rainheart (last edited May 24, 2010 07:47PM) (new)

Rainheart (rainstarnc) Lol when his bow breaks made me burst into hysterics...

message 18: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Yeah that was great!

message 19: by austen (last edited May 24, 2010 08:08PM) (new)

austen (oncebef0re) LOL -- these are funny too...

"Any sign of them yet?" [Horace:] asked.

Will looked at him. "Yes," he said. "A party of fifty Scotti came though just twenty minutes ago."

"Really?" Horace looked startled. He wasn't fully awake yet.

Will rolled his eyes to heaven. "Oh, my word, yes," he said. "They were riding on oxen and playing bagpipes and drums. Of course not," he went on. "If they had come past, I would have woken you -- if only to stop your snoring."

"I don't snore," Horace said, with dignity. Will raised his eyebrows. "Is that so?" he said. "Then in that case, you'd better chase out that colony of walruses who are in the tent with you...of course you snore."

(From The Siege of Macindaw)
~~~~~~

"You surely can't be trying to blame us for Erak's habit of charging ashore waving an axe and grabbing everything that isn't nailed down? No offence, Svengal."

Svengal shrugged. "None taken. It's a pretty accurate description of Erak on a raid, as a matter of fact."

(From Erak's Ransom)
~~~~~

Then the two friends leaned back and watched the sun rise clear of the trees.

“Best time of day,” said Will.

"Yes,” Horace agreed. “What’s for breakfast?"
(from Erak's Ransom)

message 20: by Rainheart (new)

Rainheart (rainstarnc) lol i just read Eraks Ransom recently, sadly. I cant get ahold of the other ones yet. im working on it.

message 21: by Rainheart (new)

Rainheart (rainstarnc) Lol, "Never change, Horace." Said by Svengal in Eraks Ransom.

message 22: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) I know, I LOVED those parts! And yes, Brianne, Halt doing that was pretty awesome.

message 23: by Annie, Let's eat cookies (new)

Stephanie wrote: "You sure you want to know, Stephanie? Hehe, it's weird adressing you when you have my name..."
just a little bit...not too much info or anything. and yeah i know how you feel,Stephanie

message 24: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Hehe, okay um...hmm. They give you a look at what happens at the Gathering Grounds(which is great!). Gilan is reasigned to Whitby fief and Will is reasigned to Redmount(with Halt). And...do you still want to know more?

message 25: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 91 comments wait what book does that happen in?

message 26: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) 8- The Kings of Clonmel

message 27: by Briaq (new)

Briaq  (briaq) Actually, he keeps writing because at first it was supposed to be one book, but then it got sooooooo long that he divided it into two books, and THAT got bigger so he divided it again, and so on.

message 28: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) It's still so awesome! I can't wait for the 9th and the 10th! They sound so good!

message 29: by Briaq (new)

Briaq  (briaq) There is a book series that they don't plan on ending. It is written by four authors (which is why there are so many typos, LOL!) and is called Warriors. I find it a lot like this series. They are cats living in Clans, and a blind cat wanted to be a warrior apprentice, and his sister wanted to be the medicine cat, but instead they ended up swapping positions. There are, like, 41 books in it, including ones that are currently planned. I can't wait until June 1st! another comes out! YAY!

message 30: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) What age group is it for?

message 31: by Briaq (new)

Briaq  (briaq) Uh...I dunno. Both my parents are reading them. I'm in 6th grade. People in high school read them, and people in elementary read them. Search 'Warriors by Erin Hunter' or go to warriorcats.com for info.

message 32: by Annie, Let's eat cookies (new)

Stephanie 2 wrote: "Hehe, okay um...hmm. They give you a look at what happens at the Gathering Grounds(which is great!). Gilan is reasigned to Whitby fief and Will is reasigned to Redmount(with Halt). And...do you sti..."
yes! more of Halt yay!!!!!!!!!

message 33: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Um, let's see. Halt has to chase a cult and take it down with Will and Horace....Horace takes on the image of a legend meaning he becomes the figure in it...I don't want to tell you anymore that's the central idea...

message 34: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 91 comments i thought it was one ranger per fief.

message 35: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Well, it usually is but this is a speacial case. You'll understand once you read the 8th book.

message 36: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 91 comments oh...special...everything's special.
im getting the book tommorow! YAY!

message 37: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 91 comments as of now, i think there should only be one per fief.

message 38: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Lol, you'll understand soon. It's actually quite brilliant on Crowley's part. G2g, bye.

message 39: by Annie, Let's eat cookies (new)

bye!

message 40: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Hello again

message 41: by Annie, Let's eat cookies (new)

Stephie!

message 42: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Yes?

message 43: by Hannah (new)

Hannah I'm here to reboot this topic. LOL

message 44: by Mason, Need to have a mod war. (new)

Mason | 388 comments Mod
ok

message 45: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) All right...

message 46: by Hannah (new)

Hannah *grins...*

message 47: by Mason, Need to have a mod war. (new)

Mason | 388 comments Mod
activing topic trailing...

message 48: by Mason, Need to have a mod war. (new)

Mason | 388 comments Mod
beep boop beep

message 49: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) lol

message 50: by Hannah (new)

Hannah This Topic should not be dropped...

Okay for some reason ur Beeps Mason made me think of the movie WALLE. THAT IS THE MOST ANNOYING MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« previous 1