Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, #4) Breaking Dawn discussion

The Ending Of Breaking Dawn Did It Satisfy You

Comments Showing 1-50 of 87 (87 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Chloeheartlessx Did the end of breaking dawn leave you feeling unsatisfied? Most people are on sites like this and Fanfiction/Twilighted to either extend SM's world or change the ending!

Leave me your comments and views!

message 2: by Lex (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lex I thought the book was full of suspense, but I suppose what I really wanted to get out of it was some sort of closure.

Black Queen The end of the part was so not what you would expect from a book. The breaking dawn was ok it wasn't like eclipse

message 4: by Sun (new) - rated it 2 stars

Sun (the one that glows in the dark, of course) I felt like the Breaking Dawn was too easy.

Bella had great self-control to stop herself from being such a crazy, deranged, bloodlust-driven young vampire.
It was too easy. She should be a danger to Renesme and Charlie. SHe should be bashing Jacob or breaking someone's neck. She should be sucking some human blood.
But no, it was as if she was born for eternal life, as I remembered Aro said.
Too easy.

The Volturi were also too easily defeated. They gave up too easily. Their attempts at finding some fault with the Cullens were mediocre, lame and disappointing. They should just attack and not bother with witnesses.

The witnesses volunteering for the Cullens also gave in too easily. They were like, "I don't want to do this," then they met Renesme and suddenly, "Okay, I will give my life up for this."
The only guy who made sense was Carlisle's friend who was reluctant to witness for them and left before things got out of control.
The Cullens survived and Bella and Edward lived happily ever after.
Too easy.

The book was too easy. That is the right word to describe it. I kind of wondered, was Bella's life so miserable and dank and dull and bland and boring that she was so friggin eager to be a vamppire and leave humanity? It was almost unbelievable how eager she was to be vamp.

Kinda stupid, I think.

Megan i totally thought the ending of breaking dawn was a downfall to the series. The books were intense and interesting all the way throught then it just ended "happily ever after"!!

Kadie D♥ Well, My questions about the story isn't fully cleared you know, and there could have been another novel about Nessie and Jacob rather than about Edward and Bella.

Megan Yeah, like a novella!

Shwetika I think there should have been a fight n some one(Aro) should die (That would have been a perfect ending )LOL

Veronica I like happy endings but i wanted some action like some kinda war. But there wasnt.

Kristen Callihan Part of me still wishes that Jane should feel the pain that she inflicts on others. I think that would satisfy me as well.

Kristen BD did not go the way I thought it would at all. Which was fine since I wasn't the writer, but I felt like it wasn't that satisfying. There wasn't really a resolution to the whole Volturi - they just backed down for the time being. But maybe she did that to leave it open for more....don't really think that's it, but maybe.
And I still find the concept of Renesmee pretty twisted, lol

Brittani Donley It didnt go the way that i wanted it to i wanted bella to end up with jacob and have a baby with him and it was very disappointing that it didnt happen that way :(

message 13: by Lina (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lina I LOVE TWILIGHT. THE BOKS AND THE MOVIE, BUT I DONT LIKE THAT JACOB HOOKED UP WITH RENESMEE ONLY BECAYSE BELLA DIDN'T WANT HIM:(:(:(TO ME HE IS JUST AN IDIOT WHI NO BODY LIKES...BUT ON THE OTHER HAND I LOVE THAT BELLA AND EDWARD ARE TOGETHER, AND THAT NOTHING CAN COME BETWEEN THEM:x:x:***

message 14: by James (new) - rated it 1 star

James Galvin Horrible ending all build up no action ruined the entire series and a freaking vampire/human baby that jacob falls in love with how stupid but what can you expect from a book for 14 year old girls

David Hails The end makes sense, it is justified by the characters. Aro is not stupid enough to lose any of his collection in an even fight, that could quite easily tun completely against him thanks to Bella's ability.
At the end of the day Stephenie Meyer is finishing it in a lot cleverer way than they have a fight beat the bad guys kinda way Hollywood has 'trained' us to expect from an ending.
Oh and it leaves the Volturi alive as a bad guys for a possible next book...

Nevena Sun wrote: "I felt like the Breaking Dawn was too easy.

Bella had great self-control to stop herself from being such a crazy, deranged, bloodlust-driven young vampire.
It was too easy. She should be a danger ..."

I completely agree with you there could have been two or three more books made. I was looking forward to seeing how they would deal with Bella being so bloodthirsty but no she isn't....
then the big fight with the Volturi only they don't even fight....I was looking forward to a big fight where ,sadly, we lose someone from the Cullen family but that's just my opinion

Marília Don't think it will be a next book she kind of wrote with a finality that didn't leave room for more...and if she does write another one her fan base will be much smaller!!!
This book kind of disapointed me because they passed the whole book getting ready for a fight that didn't happen!! In one of the discussion groups someone said that Meyer was afraid to lose characters, sacrifice them, I agree...she played it safe and I don't particularly like and writers don't take chances...when they are not afraid to make us cry!!!
Just because is a book written for 14 year olds doesn't mean that you can't take chances and put more depht into the story.

Kristen Marília wrote: "Don't think it will be a next book she kind of wrote with a finality that didn't leave room for more...and if she does write another one her fan base will be much smaller!!!
This book kind of disap..."

I think anything 'Twilight' with Meyer's name on it will still be a big seller. But yeah, there probably won't be as much interest since she's said that if she does write more it'll be either about Leah or Renesmee. Neither of them really interest me that much, so I probably won't be in a rush to read that one...

message 19: by Gabbie (new) - added it

Gabbie Stephanie defiantly let most of us down with that ending i mean I'd rather her say Bella woke up from a long dream an ending all readers are devastated to read but in this case her fairy tale ending made me very disappointed and i REALLY would just rather read it was all a dream and Bella is some bizarre girl dreaming of vampires as Dumbledore once said it does no good to dwell on dreams Meyer's whole twilight idea came from a dream and though it was an amazing story the ending was too dream like and needed something else something to make us keep thinking

Jesla no cause it should have had part 3 in it

Lauren I was disappointed only because I feel like Meyer had written 3 and 1/2 books building up to the moment of the Volturi and Bella, then it was all finished within 20 pages. These problems seemed too large only to be solved so quickly, the reader may check to see if they skipped a chapter. Brutal! I cannot stand when a series is written in such detail for books and books and books, then when you have finally reached the moment, it is done in pages. Frustrating.

Samantha I expected a big fiasco at the end because Stephanie was building up the stories for it. Then when it comes, it's resolved far too quickly. I'm an action kind a girl. One of the Voltori could of died, Renesmee could have showed up and show some sort of immense power that everyone never expected. Something to fulfill the anticipation.

BookCupid Resolved too quickly.

I agree that vampires are difficult to kill. Maybe a werewolf should have died?

-hainekhen- NO! It's really anti climatic. They prepared for a war and there wasn't any, talk about disappointment.

Jesla no

message 26: by Lina (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lina NATALI.D WROTE:
"I agree that vampires are difficult to kill. Maybe a werewolf should have died?"

......I TOTALLY AGREE. THOSE STUPID DOGS SHOULD HAVE DIED, AND ESPECIALY JACOB!!!!!

Jesla no cause a vampire dies at the end and sam the werewolf should have died

Jesla no it didnt

N3v3rsl3epanim0re it would actually if she did like an alternate ending kinda of thing for this
i was thinking abou tit and like some books have these things like goosebumps for instance like you choose the way you would go and there are a whole bunch of alternate endings

it would be awesome and weird if she wrote a book on what it would be like if bella ended up with jacob instead and if the volturi were to die and ruin themselves

or at leats a novella on renesmee that would have been something but she had to make a f*cking fairytale ending with this pretty much i wasn;t happy withthte way this ended

Nevena N3v3rsl3epanim0re wrote: "it would actually if she did like an alternate ending kinda of thing for this
i was thinking abou tit and like some books have these things like goosebumps for instance like you choose the way yo..."

An alternate ending kind of thing sounds really cool. Much better then the fairytale ending.

Jesla no it didnt

Kristen N3v3rsl3epanim0re wrote: "it would actually if she did like an alternate ending kinda of thing for this
i was thinking abou tit and like some books have these things like goosebumps for instance like you choose the way yo..."

That would have been interesting. I love alternate versions...
We may still get a novella on Renesmee, she did that other one.

Rishelle the ending was lame. they built up to a climax that fell short, i wanna see some action!

Ecatarina Grant The ending, in my opinion, was left so broad because there may be works to expand on why it ended that way. I mean she dropped that novella about Bree Tanner on us out of almost nowhere. She could drop other novellas or even verbally in interview or podcast visits give us a bit more insight.

Personally, the ending wasn't really a ending for me. It just seemed like they were going to continue fighting if they had to and live on with their odd vampire lives.

Ecatarina Grant Rishelle wrote: "the ending was lame. they built up to a climax that fell short, i wanna see some action!"

haha i totally agree!

Rebecca I second or third that!!!!

message 37: by Gianna (new) - added it

Gianna Kristen wrote: "BD did not go the way I thought it would at all. Which was fine since I wasn't the writer, but I felt like it wasn't that satisfying. There wasn't really a resolution to the whole Volturi - they ju..."

message 38: by Gianna (new) - added it

Gianna Megan wrote: "Yeah, like a novella!"

message 39: by Gianna (new) - added it

Gianna Ecatarina wrote: "The ending, in my opinion, was left so broad because there may be works to expand on why it ended that way. I mean she dropped that novella about Bree Tanner on us out of almost nowhere. She could ..."

Megan wrote: "i totally thought the ending of breaking dawn was a downfall to the series. The books were intense and interesting all the way throught then it just ended "happily ever after"!!"

Emiilia HelloBookLovers The book did not have a good ending in my opinion. I felt that she did not put the volturi and the Cullen's to fight with each other because she just could not describe action scenes. Why was the point of the Volturi going to the UNITED STATES if they didn't fight. That was the point to this book.... wasn't it???

I would have love to see the END TO THE Volturi. Throughout the book the volturi felt threatened by the Cullens because the Cullen coven was growing. but the book just stopped. The child that Edward and Bella had is greatly gifted. They had to have felt even more threatened.

I dont know about the book, but I hope that the two movies will be better. They will released the beginning part of the BREAKING DAWN MOVIE in November. THE ending of the Breaking Dawn movie will be released to theaters in December.

The book needs lots of help. And I hope when they make the movie it's not anything like the book. What do you guys think?????

message 41: by Gianna (new) - added it

Gianna Rebecca wrote: "I second or third that!!!!"

Bianca Calla When the book started off it was promising and I really enjoyed it. However, I was disappointed by the ending. There was all this build up and nothing happened. Hopefully in the movie adaptation they will add a little action to the ending.

message 43: by Lina (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lina BIANCA WROTE::::/"...Hopefully in the movie adaptation they will add a little action to the ending."

...WELL THEY BETTER DO IT!!!...OR EALSE IT WILL BE A COMPLETE CATASTROPHY///:o:o:o///:x

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

I think it was wellwritten and everything. But I hated all the story of this book, and things that really destroyed the 'over-all-story'. And it really left me disappointed...
I actually wish I'd never read it.

Emiilia HelloBookLovers I don't know if I like Breaking Dawn, sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't.

I think she should write another book to clear everything out in that Breaking Dawn book.

I really care less for the book she will write called" Midnight sun" or whatever it may be called. Meyer will continue to repeat her self in that book. She wrote 4 books for fu** sakes. I just don't understad what shes writing that book it will be a waste of trees really. I can CARE LESS about Edward view point.

Emily The ending made me SO mad. Its like, I loved the books, I really did. Okay well, I like the last two.. The first two were kinda too overly "I love you" "Nooo! I LOVEYOU!" for me. But the last two were pretty good.
Then I got to the end of Breaking Dawn.
Are you kidding me?
It was just a classic 'And they lived happily ever after' moment. They're vampires. They live forever. Are you telling me that they will never have any more problems? The Volturi just gave up and decided to leave them alone for the rest of...ever?
I dont know. Some people like that kind of stuff. I like the kind of stuff that leaves you begging for the next book, and when the series ends they should end smoothly and easily. Not with a whole heck-of-a-lot of unanswered questions.
Just sayin.
I did not like the ending.

Caitlin Emily wrote: "I don't know if I like Breaking Dawn, sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't.

I think she should write another book to clear everything out in that Breaking Dawn book.

I really care less for ..."

5 : The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella

DragonDreamer I was not satisfied with the ending. I was extremely disappointed. I hated the huge build up of tension only to basically fall to nothing! No fight, no struggle, nada. And I'm peeved that Bella is the huge savior when she is a newborn that miraculously is the only one with powers that would actually help.

message 49: by Lola (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lola it was the end of the saga it was to tell you that bella and edward lived happily ever after with their child and jacob with renesmee and i think if there was a fight with the volturi it would have torn them apart. so happpy endings are the best in my opinion

message 50: by Van (new) - rated it 3 stars

Van Bournival Where were the twists? Where was the drama, the tragedy, the horror? Where was the suspense?
The only thing I can answer is: it wasn't there. I'm in an 8th grade english class in a full french school and I think our english assignements have more suspense than breaking dawn. Sheesh. Meyer really shoud have ended with a BANG! Not a fairy tale ending that left me gagging.

« previous 1