Twilightinators! discussion

Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-50 of 100 (100 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Hilary (new)

Hilary (hilary_cullen) | 164 comments Mod
Here is the place for all of you to tell us a little about yourself. I will start :)

My name is HIlary Nemet and I am from Nanaimo, Canada. I used to live in Washington, only an hour away from Forks! :D. I miss it there terribly, but Canada is awesome too!

I got interested in the Twilight books when my friend Lynnea (in this group!), started talking about them. At first, I thought that it sounded like a stupid book. Why would I read something about vampires? I was wrong. When I started that book, it was nothing like I had expected. I read all three of the books in three days. I sware, I probably only got a few hours rest inbetween. They are my favorite books in the world.

Enough about me, introduce yourself! :)

message 2: by Hilary (new)

I visited Brooklyn on a school trip! I loved it there! I also like to write :)

Yes, I lived about an hour away! I am hoping to go down to Forks this summer, actually :)

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 1 comments Hi my name is Amanda and I live in Woodinville, WA. I heard about this book through my sister who doesn't like to read at all. When she said she couldn't put this book down, I knew there had to be something amazing about it. Plus I have always loved vampire stories and movies. I go to Seattle University right now as a Senior, and finding out about this series was probably good and bad for me right now! I can't stop reading it because it is so good, but that means I keep puting my school books aside! I can't wait for the movie, but as with Harry Potter, Memoirs of a Geisha, and almost every other book made movie, I hope they do the book justice!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

hi my name is Mikeala and i live in Nebraska. i got Twilight at a book fair and i started reading them cuz my friends told me about them and i told all my other friends and they started reading the series to. now we are all planning to go to Twilight together.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Forist (jenniferforistauthor) Hi my name is Jenny I livw in michigan. I actually bought the bought the book just for the heck of it wasnt to sure if I would like it or not but i LOVE them cant wait for aug. no one i actually know has read these books so its nice to have people to talk to about it!!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

oh no!!! i would die if i didn't have anyone to talk to about twilight!!

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Forist (jenniferforistauthor) well now i find this place i got u guys so i guess ill just jump in somewhere huh?

message 8: by Jocelyn (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:34AM) (new)

Jocelyn (joceisonfire) | 1 comments My name is Jocelyn. I live in Minnesota, and I'm 16.
I read Twilight when it first came out, and it is my favorite book of all time. When I turn 18 I'm totally going to get the New Moon flower tattoo'd somewhere. I haaatteeee Jacob Black. In the years that I've read Twilight, I talked most of my friends into reading twilight, and they have all enjoyed it. :)

I cannot WAIT to read Breaking Dawn, and I cannot wait for the Twilight movie to come out. I suppose most of you are thrilled about them, too. :)

Isabella Marie Swan | 6 comments hi my name is jessica, i live in juneau, alaska and i'm 13 even though my profile says i'm 19 i'm really 13. i am totally in love with edward and also a lttle in love with jacob and mike too a little. my friend emily is the one who first said that i should read twilight; she said that it was totally lame and she actually hates it alot and i dont get why but i love it and i can't wait for augest for two reasons; 1: because my lil sis will turn 4 in augest and 2: becasue well i thinkwe all know why.

message 10: by Hilary (new)

Well, I agree with both of you...It seems to me that my older teachers are a lot more crannky than my younger ones...And boring. But thats just in my opinion. I have had some older teachers that were really nice, so it's more the personality.

Anyways,
Back to Twilight... lol.

message 11: by Michelle (last edited Jun 10, 2008 04:51PM) (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) i'm Michelle, but you can call me Mimi, everyone else does. two of my friends read the series and were begging me to read it, and i finally gave in and didn't regret it one bit!! although that's what the temporary drop in my grades was from.

I agree about older teachers, though. my double english teacher was yelling at me to stop writing, although i was done with the worksheet we were discussing. but she doesnt even remember it, so maybe it was just me...

message 12: by Hilary (new)

Hi Mimi! Thanks for joining this group! I hope you like it, and tell your friends ;). haha I'm the recruiting QUEEN. :P

message 13: by Hilary (new)

hahah aI have a polkadot bikini :D
Should I wear that to the beach?
Wht not striped? :O

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) ya, i have a sort-of-striped one. why not?

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I am Pammy. I started reading Twilight and hated it. Then I gave it a chance and now I am crazy about it. I started the "Gallagher Academy Fans" group. You should check it out. Oh ya i am in the Chicago Area and want to be in Forks. BTW I am Switzerland.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Switzerland means a refuse to get in the big Jacob vs. Edward fight. But I personally like Edward!

message 17: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) me, too! and no one i talk to about Switzerland has any idea what i mean!! i live in the chicago area too, which suburb?

message 18: by Hilary (new)

hahaha. I think Jacob is okay...but I am for Team Edward :) So, I'm kind of...Italy? i dunno.

message 19: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) italy?

message 20: by Hilary (new)

I'm just naming another important country from the book! haha. Italy was the first thing I thought of ;)

Plus, apparently Italy is where all the vampires go...or are from..whatever.

message 21: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) ok, i get it now!! haha...

message 22: by Hilary (new)

hhahahah yeah :)

duuuddeeee. I am so stoked for lunch today! I am going to Tim Hortons and getting an Iced Cappucino, a doughnut, and a BLT. YES.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Mimi, I live in BG. Yeah no one knows what i am talking about when i say i am switzerland. i mean it is a direct quote from the book

message 24: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) i have never heard of BG, what does it stand for, if anything??

everyone gets mad at me for saying im switzerland, i say it so much, cuz there are so many arguments.

I live in Forest Park.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Im getting back on topic.....

My name is Rachel H. (not saying my last name). I live somewhere in Idaho.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok. Yeah BG is Buffalo Grove.

message 27: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) k, then. Is that close? or have you heard of Forest Park? Not many people have...

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I have heard of Forest Park. Don't know if it is close. Are you near Highland Park or Wheeling?

message 29: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) No clue. I'm near River Forest and Oak Park and Berwyn, idk if that helps.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Berwyn is an hour away from me.

message 31: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) got it. anything else??

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Not really

message 33: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) kk then

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah

message 35: by Cailin (new)

Cailin (leahynremtp) | 14 comments hello. my name is cailin. i'm from va. i love the twilight series and have read them all five+ times and am on my 6th+ right now. some of you already know me as thimble and i saw the blessed book in the library and was told i wasn't aloud to read it. then my good friend laura recommended it and since it was recommended by her, my mother caved in and now i own them all! bwa ha ha ha ha! except for breaking dawn of course but that will be in my hands soon enough. i'm a freak of nature and will enjoy butting into these conversations thoroughly.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome to the group

message 37: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) i love being a freak of nature!!!

message 38: by Cailin (new)

Cailin (leahynremtp) | 14 comments i know! it's so much fun.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Who is the other?

message 40: by Polka-pearl (new)

Polka-pearl | 1 comments Um, whoever wrote the opening speech for this group is wrong, because I joined this club even though I think Bella is an idiotic and selfish moron, Edward is overrated, and I haven't cried at all during my time reading.
P.S. EW! Who would put a picture of Robert pattinson in a picture frame to look at (unless the picture of Edward you are talking about is a fantasy drawing of Edward Cullen, not Pattinson [blech]).
P.P.S. I would like some similar love story to happen to me, but not with Edward...I find him annoying.
P.P.P.S. The only reason I joined this club, as you are probably speculating why I even joined and discussing with your fellow members on the most efficient way to either kick me out or kill me, is that my sometimes passionate hatred for the characters is brought on by my love and so-so obsession with it. Stephenie Meyer is a genius, and I wish I could be blessed with such amazing dreams like hers so I could write million-dollar series too.

Please consider me your fellow friend, and enemy to all who think Jacob is worthy of ANY mooning over. Frankly, all the Twilight boys are unappealing, except maybe Emmett, but he is definitely not my type, heh.

Last Note: I'm new, so anyone willing to be friends with a cynical and sracastic individual as moi, please do send me a request.

Smooches,
Polka-Pearl

message 41: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) ooh, i love being sarcastic but people here take me seriously, which is a real life miracle, so i can't really do anything about it.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Polka-Pearl, I get what you mean about the whole Jacob isn't worth mooning over, but what about Edward, Jasper, and Emmment? They are worth it. Maybe not as much Edward for some people but you get the point.

message 43: by Kiara (new)

Kiara i know. jacob seriously needs to find his own girl like edward has bella and sam has emily. Me personaly would hav ran away if my bf turned into a werewolf than attacked me. Emily is really brave to stay with him after that.

message 44: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Hello! My name is Sarah, I'm 18 years old and living in British Columbia, Canada. I suppose I'll start with these books. About a week or so ago one of my friends lent me Twilight saying that I just had to read it. I pretty much took it just to be polite, figuring it was going to be fairly dumb. I had looked at them before and made a face when I saw it was about vampires. I'm pretty glad I gave it a second chance because they turned out to be so so good. Anyways, I was totally hooked. Other things about me: I enjoy reading a lot, dancing and singing badly. Sometimes I like to write things, and that makes me fairly happy.

message 45: by Cailin (new)

Cailin (leahynremtp) | 14 comments wow melody. i'm jealous. sounds like you have fun.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

~Jealous~

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

I am not old enough.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

wow. I never met somebody that into racing. It is cool. I'm not really into it though.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

True, true. i like go karts kinda. i always get last though.

message 50: by Tracie (new)

Tracie (tracie1976) Ok...I've scanned through this thread and I'm feeling old lol.
Anyways....
My name is Tracie and I'm a 32 year old Twilight addict and a mom of four.
I read Twilight after a bunch of my friends on livejournal were talking about Bella, Jacob and Edward after the ending of Harry Potter (big HP addict too but that's a different story lol)
I guess that is it...anything else...just ask.

« previous 1