Clean Romances discussion

General Chat > LibraryThing

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 117 comments Wow Kiki, I was thinking about LibraryThing this morning.

I have an account, but haven't used it yet. I will though.

I like Shelfari too. I don't really chat that much in the forums,but I do keep my books on there. I like the bookshelf.

message 2: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 117 comments I like Goodreads format on here. I will have to check out LibraryThings to see how their format is.

It's a good thing if I can export my Goodreads books onto LibraryThing, I would not have to worry about inputting all the information again.

I use my Shelfari on my book blog.

message 3: by Arch (last edited May 05, 2010 03:53PM) (new)

Arch  | 117 comments LibraryThing only allow you upload 200 books with the free account. If you want to upload more books you will have to have an paid account.

I don't believe in paying people to do things on sites.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I much prefer Goodreads to either Shelfari or LibraryThing. Good reads is easy to get around and it's free no matter how many books you list.

message 5: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 117 comments Shelfari is free too. I like how my books look on the bookshelf and other book features that they have that Goodreads doesn't have or at least non-librarian doesn't have.

message 6: by MaryBliss (new)

MaryBliss I use Librarything to keep track of where my books are physically located, ie: which shelf/box/etc. I put the box number or the shelf location in the tag square on the "my books" grid. The "edit sort order" button makes it easy to sort the books by title (to find where a particular book is located) or by tag (to find out what's in each box or shelf)and the grid format makes it easy to read that info quickly. Very helpful when moving from one city to another or if you live in a home with bookshelves in different rooms.

You can enter the titles, authors and tags in any order and then use the "edit sort order" button to quickly sort them the way you want them.

I use Goodreads for it's easy accessibility to book reviews and recommendations.

message 7: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 117 comments Kiki,

Take a look at my library here. You might want to sign up for this as well. I like how I can see my books on my shelves here too. I am not finished with adding my books. To my knowledge you can add as many books you want and create as many shelves as you want.

http://books.google.com/books?uid=176...

message 8: by Miss (new)

Miss Mae | 73 comments I'm not on that, but am on Shelfari. I really don't have anything to do with Shelfari, though. Dear me, I'm in so many places it seems I can't spend enough time at them all!

message 9: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 117 comments You are welcome Kiki.

message 10: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
I'm getting in very late on this. I didn't know anything about LibraryThing or GoogleBooks. I do have a Shelfari shelf because, like the others, I really like the actual "shelf" look, but I hate it that I can't create/label my "shelves" there like I can on Goodreads. I used to do some of the forums on Shelfari, but I've just found Goodreads to be more flexible, so I've gravitated almost full time over here. I do try to keep my Shelfari shelves updated, though, because I do have a few friends over there that aren't on Goodreads.

message 11: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Thorne (daniellethorne) | 167 comments I don't care for Shelfari either. GR's works perfectly for me.

message 12: by Linda (new)

Linda Banche (lindabanche) | 13 comments I'm glad to read these comments. I was thinking about LibraryThing, but now I think I'll pass.

message 13: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new)

Jaimey (jaimeygrant) | 409 comments Mod
I shied away from LT when I realized they only allowed up to 200 books on the free account. I pretty much stayed with GR after that although I do have a Shelfari account that, like Joyce, I try to keep updated. (I'm way behind on that at the moment.) I think GR, for the most part, is a friendlier place so I stick with it. I like GR's shelving system but I like the fancier look of Shelfari.

message 14: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 117 comments I like Shelfari shelf.