Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > wrong author info?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eva Marie (new)

Eva Marie (evamarie3578) | 755 comments Can someone please look at this and see if the author info is correct? I'm not familiar with the author but I suspect this is somehow the wrong info for Ann Turner. :)

http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...

message 2: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Gah, I suspect BookTour has struck again!

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 44010 comments Mod
BookTour strikes again. :P Working on fixing.

message 4: by Eva Marie (new)

Eva Marie (evamarie3578) | 755 comments Yeah, I had a sneaking suspiscion something was wrong there. lol

message 5: by Eva Marie (new)

Eva Marie (evamarie3578) | 755 comments Thanks guys!

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

*giggles at near-simultaneous nearly-identical posts*

message 7: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments rivka, I think we just double-edited and I wound up overriding your profile. The change log isn't giving me an undo link -- could you fix it again? Sorry!

message 8: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Yeah, already done. :) And I worked in both your info and mine the second time.

message 9: by Eva Marie (new)

Eva Marie (evamarie3578) | 755 comments Haha.. you two are TOO efficient! Where do you get the author info from? Is there a good site? I usually don't do those edits because I didn't know of a good website to get info from...

message 10: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Hive mind powers, activate! :)

message 11: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Eva, I use Google to find good sites. In this case, I mostly went with data from a publisher's site, because the bio on her official site is in first person.

message 12: by Eva Marie (new)

Eva Marie (evamarie3578) | 755 comments Okay, thanks rivka. Maybe next time I can find it myself and not bother you guys with something simple. Thanks a lot!

message 13: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments I generally hit Wikipedia, too. Between that and Google there's usually something!

message 14: by Eva Marie (new)

Eva Marie (evamarie3578) | 755 comments I'm not used to using Wikipedia for anything so I always forget about that site. I'm going to favorite it so I see it next time. Thanks - you're both so helpful!

message 15: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Cait wrote: "I generally hit Wikipedia, too. Between that and Google there's usually something!"

With most authors that's one of the first few Google hits. But yeah, it's both a good way to find the author's official site (if there is one) and to find author data.

message 16: by Eva Marie (new)

Eva Marie (evamarie3578) | 755 comments Thanks again rivka - I wouldn't know how to find half the stuff I'm able to without you and Cait!

message 17: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

It's one of those things that comes with experience, Grasshopper. ;D