I "heart" Morelli discussion

Other Plum Related Things > How many times

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kim (new)

Kim How many times have Stephanie and Ranger slept together? I was thinking only one, but the excerpt from Sizzling Sixteen says,
"Ranger was my mentor when I first went to work for my
cousin Vinnie. I suppose he’s still my mentor, but now he’s
also my friend, my protector, from time to time he’s been my
employer, and on a couple spectacularly memorable occasions
he’s been my lover."

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy | 26 comments Mod
I can only remember once... What gives?

message 3: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 3 comments I also only remember one time...

message 4: by Kim (new)

Kim well I was sure hoping I hadn't missed something. Thanks

message 5: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) I was thinking 2 times. but am really groggy right now and can't remember which 2 books

message 6: by Kelli (new)

Kelli Ferguson | 7 comments I believe that they technically only hooked up once but in 11 (the one with Ranger's daughter in danger) and 15 (with the chef) they got pretty close before first being interupted by Morelli and then by a phone call from her dad about his cab.

message 7: by MJ, Mrs. Joseph Morelli (new)

MJ | 541 comments Mod
They also hooked up in To the Nines I think. If I am remembering correctly Stephanie asked for Rangers help in Hard Eight and as payment she had to spend the night with Ranager. he collect in To the Nines!!!

message 8: by Kim (new)

Kim guess I am going to just have to re-read the series...I thought it was in eight that he collected the debt. which is the only time i recall them hooking up.

message 9: by Tammy (new)

Tammy (tammymerlot) | 53 comments I only recall the one time too, but I'm more than happy to re-read if someone wants to point me in the right direction!

message 10: by Diana (new)

Diana  | 8 comments They only slept together in the eight book. Morelli and her were on a break and she slept with him for repayment purposes. Even though they always share passionate kisses.

message 11: by Sara (new)

Sara | 15 comments the excerpt is wrong... in the actual book (Sizzling Sixteen) it says that on one occasion that he was her lover.

message 12: by Tammy (new)

Tammy (tammymerlot) | 53 comments Sara wrote: "the excerpt is wrong... in the actual book (Sizzling Sixteen) it says that on one occasion that he was her lover."

That isn't the only mistake on the excerpt. You'd think a good editor would catch the mistakes before the book hits the presses. Evanovich is supposed to have a really good editor too - SuperJen I think it is?

message 13: by Sara (new)

Sara | 15 comments either way, she failed at editing this time around... i actually found lots of grammar mistakes in the book & that doesn't usually happen with Evanovich's books

message 14: by Tammy (last edited Jul 08, 2010 11:25AM) (new)

Tammy (tammymerlot) | 53 comments Sara wrote: "either way, she failed at editing this time around... i actually found lots of grammar mistakes in the book & that doesn't usually happen with Evanovich's books"

There is a Sizzling Sixteen forum/Stephanie Plum discussion forum on Amazon. Someone mentioned that Evanovich is no longer using SuperJen - apparently her daughter, Alex, is now editing the books. I haven't been following it super close, so I'm probably not the best source. Here is the link ...

http://www.amazon.com/writing-the-Ste...

That explains a lot!

message 15: by Sara (new)

Sara | 15 comments Tammy,
Basically the discussion lets you know that she turned her writing career into a family opperation. Her daughter has been helping her write some of her books, if not doing them all by her self. Both her husband and son manage and edit her work. As great as that is for her family, she needs to go back to doing things professionally if she hopes to save her career!

message 16: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 8 comments Sara wrote: "As great as that is for her family, she needs to go back to doing things professionally if she hopes to save her career!"

I completely agree. I didn't like Sixteen as much as the others and wait for it...I only gave it 3 stars. A crime I know, please don't hate me. Lula got on my nerves a lot in this one, and she never has before. I actually started to hope this was the last book because it wasn't of the same high quality as the others.

message 17: by Tammy (new)

Tammy (tammymerlot) | 53 comments Sixteen felt like a cut and paste job to me. Just a re-write of prior books.

Lula was obnoxious and Ranger using the "L" word was too weird - so out of character for him. The fact that she ended the book with Morelli and lingerie left me hoping that the end of the love triangle is in sight!

message 18: by Literary Ames (last edited Jul 08, 2010 02:02PM) (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 8 comments Yeah, the Ranger thing was really weird. I had to read it again to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. Hopefully Seventeen will be better.

message 19: by Tammy (new)

Tammy (tammymerlot) | 53 comments Me too! In spite of my disappointment over Sixteen, I'm already looking forward to Seventeen. Evanovich definitely has a talent for sucking us all in and giving us hope! LOL!

message 20: by Wyldrabbit (new)

Wyldrabbit | 4 comments Hi, Joined the Group so I could comment. I agree with all of you one way or another. I have not had the heart to read 15 or 16 yet. I will.. but I guess I need to just go out and get them. I read the comments on the amazon site, and I think they were dead on. I felt in 13 to start with that the sizzle just disappeared. the tention,the hope and the funny all kinda went away. I re-read the series every year. one book a day, and boom from 12 to 13 it just somehow loses its flair. The between the numbers I think are horrible, and that is really disheartning. I LOVe Janets Books, and I really wish she would start writing them again. Thanks for this site. have a great day everyone!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Sara wrote: "the excerpt is wrong... in the actual book (Sizzling Sixteen) it says that on one occasion that he was her lover."

That exceprt is from the excerpt that was posted on JE's website pre-publication of Sizzling Sixteen. I understand that JE's website recieved so many e-mails about the error that they had to immediately correct it. Babes Rule!

message 22: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 02, 2011 08:46AM) (new)

Diana wrote: "They only slept together in the eight book. Morelli and her were on a break and she slept with him for repayment purposes. Even though they always share passionate kisses."

Ranger and Stephanie nearly hooked up in Book 12 too, but were interrupted by Morelli.

message 23: by Curlyhair (new)

Curlyhair | 2 comments I've just come across this and as I'm only just about to finish book 4, I now can't wait to get up to books 8 and 9. Ooh la la