The Sword and Laser discussion

George R.R. Martin Threads > good george r r martin interview on Dragonpage podcast

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6363 comments Good interview. Site seems overloaded though. :)

http://www.dragonpage.com/2010/04/27/...

message 2: by Cameron (new)

Cameron (cm_cameron) | 50 comments Very interesting. I haven't read any of his Song of Ice and Fire books (don't shoot!) but I still enjoyed what he was saying. Especially when he was talking about the frequency of book releases.

What I really thought was cool, though, was Warriors. It sounds pretty awesome and I look forward to checking it out. Particularly Joe Haldeman's part in it.

This seems like a pretty cool podcast. I like the point they made before the interview about sentence length. I'll have to be more aware of that in the future.

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimherdt) | 71 comments Thanks so much for this post - excellent interview, it gives a good overview as to why Book 5 is taking so long.

Best Regards, Jim

message 4: by Alan (new)

Alan (professoralan) I have been waiting for the new book 2+ years -- not as long as others have been!!!!!

But it was a really interesting interview.

message 5: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tracy_falbe) | 14 comments Thanks for turning me onto the interview. Although I've been admittedly impatient for A Dance With Dragons, I can understand that it is not easy to write these wonderful books. I was also very sympathetic when GRRM said he understands that he is working on the series that he will be remembered for. Lots of pressure.

message 6: by Anton Strout (new)

Anton Strout | 25 comments The impatience thing always reminds me of Neil Gaiman addressing this one letter about Mr. Martin with his "George R. R. Martin is not your bitch" comment:
http://journal.neilgaiman.com/2009/05...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Warriors (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Joe Haldeman (other topics)