College Students! discussion

Past Discussions of Group Reads > Everything is Illuminated--For Those Reading Through

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 4407 comments Mod
Use this thread if you are reading through the book and you want to talk about it. For example, if you are anything like me, if something crazy happens in a book I always want to talk about it right after it happens! It's also nice to discuss with others who are reading through it. Please make sure at the top of every thing you post you have a SPOILER warning and say up to what page you are on.

message 2: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

I'm really excited to read this! Firstly, because I'm obsessed with EL&IC AND because I watched the movie years ago and loved it.

For those of you who have read Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close before, are you excited to read another book by him? Or are you a little hesitant because you've heard it's way different?

I'm just trying to go into it not looking for another EL&IC.

message 3: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Just starting it..I'm not real interested so far. I need to stop comparing it with EL&IC!!

Anyone reading it right now?

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ash88) I read it a few months ago, after reading EL&IC. I didn't like it as much, BUT it does get better! The first few chapters were hard to get through but once you figure out the style & patterns, it gets more interesting, and I really got attached to some of the characters. I think this book just takes a little longer to pull you in!

message 5: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Ok good to know! I'm struggling through the first couple chapters!