Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > What should I read next? (vote)

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristin (new)

Kristin | 89 comments Here are my options for my next reading venture.
Did anyone read these series? Which one should I start?

Gaurdians of Eternity - Alexandra Ivy
Immortals After Dark - Kresley Cole
HIghlander Series - Karen Marie Moning
Fever Series - Karen Marie Moning
Women of the Otherworld - Kelley Armstrong
Darkest Powers - Kelley Armstrong
Companion Series - Susan Squires

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 411 comments I have read the first 3 series and I would go for Kresley Cole hands down. Her series is brilliant, especially if you like hot alpha males, and kick ass slightly crazy females.

If you haven't read Black Dagger Brotherhood by J R Ward I would also recommend you read that too : )

message 3: by Kristin (new)

Kristin | 89 comments Suzanne wrote: " Her series is brilliant, especially if you like hot alpha males, and kick ass slightly crazy females. "

I LOVE me an Alpha Male!

I have read (and read and read) the BDB series! Its hard to top Ward!

message 4: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 1020 comments Mod
My first choice would be Cole's IAD, too.

Then you can go on a KMM binge...if you are into romance, go for her Highlander books...if you are into Urban Fantasy, then the Fever series is for you.

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 411 comments I haven't read her Fever series, but I have read a few of her Highlander ones by KMM and they are quite good, they have lovely alpha males in as well : )

I have tried reading Kelley Armstrong but I have never been able to get into it, but I think I was just in the wrong mood.

message 6: by Archer (new)

Archer | 238 comments Immortals After Dark - Kresley Cole
Fever Series - Karen Marie Moning
HIghlander Series - Karen Marie Moning

That would be my vote..

message 7: by Kristin (last edited May 01, 2010 05:10PM) (new)

Kristin | 89 comments Thanks everyone! I am started Immortals after dark today. Except, I am such a dork, and totally started book # 2 A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole thinking it was #1.

Oh well, it looks like "The Warlord Wants Forever" The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1) by Kresley Cole is really more of an introduction? Is that right? Or should I go back and start book #1 first?

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 411 comments I wouldn't worry about it, you can start Hunger Like No Other without reading Warlord Wants Forever. You can just go back to it; it is more of an introduction. But if you do go back to it it is only about 150 pages so wouldn't take too long to read : )

message 9: by Heather (new)

Heather | 60 comments I read them all out of order and I was still fine. Most of them are stand alone anyways!!

I would read the fever series closer to Dec- when the next book comes out. That way you are not in my boat- anixously awaiting it!!!!

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 411 comments That is my plan as well, isn't the book in December the last in the series? That way I can read them all at once!

message 11: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) I would read the Highlander series by Moning, then when you start the Fever series in say October, you have all the background info. ;)

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 411 comments Oh I have read some of them, I will have to get the rest of them. Are the series connected then?

message 13: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Yes. Moning says you do not need to read one to enjoy the other. But it is helpful.