Triton 2010 Summer Reading Challenge discussion

Theme Reading This Summer

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michele (new)

Michele (midge) Is anyone planning on reading along a theme?
I'm not sure that I have the attention span to stick to one over the entire summer but I am interested in what others are planning.

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jvarnado) I usually read a lot of historical fiction, so perhaps I could call that a theme. But I agree, reading only within a theme seems a bit limiting. I like to mix it up with some mystery and contemporary authors.

message 3: by Michele (new)

Michele (midge) I was contemplating an "end of the world" theme since I've been getting some good recommendations lately but that seems like awfully heavy (read:depressing) reading for an entire summer :)

message 4: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (colleenfgarcia) | 8 comments Mod
You could always alternate with. . . what is the opposite of "end of the world"? That would be a roller coaster of summer reading!

message 5: by Christian (new)

Christian Moreno | 1 comments Hmmm I'm not too familiar with "end of the world" stuff. I would welcome a theme if we could all agree on one (or maybe a couple?)

message 6: by Michele (new)

Michele (midge) Christian wrote: "Hmmm I'm not too familiar with "end of the world" stuff. I would welcome a theme if we could all agree on one (or maybe a couple?)"

I wasn't thinking one theme for all of us- I was just wondering if other people had a particular subject they were going to explore. Like heavy metal in Kim's case and ridiculous post-apocalyptic scenarios in mine.