Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

Do you/will you use twitter? Helpful for book purchase advice?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (new)

Ann (akingman) I had this thought while I was in the bookstore yesterday. I saw a book that I have considered buying for some time (In the Woods by Tana French). I haven't spoken to anyone who's read it.

I thought it would be cool to have a group of booklovers on twitter so that I could just type in my blackberry, "Have you read In the Woods by Tana French?" and have someone or a few people respond back with their opinion.

Twitter is hard to explain, and I'm just getting started using it myself. But basically, it's like sending one email to everyone who has signed up to "follow" you. You have 140 characters per message. Some people twitter about what they ate for breakfast, but thankfully those types of posts are few and far between, and i just choose not to follow them.

Does this sound like something anyone here might be interested in? Or am I crazy?

I am going to post at a few other groups and then maybe set up a twitter group here on good reads. But since this group is 'Book Buying Addicts', I thought it would be a good place to start.

Any opinions would be helpful. In the meantime, my twitter name is AnnKingman. Come follow me if you are interested.

Thanks,
Ann

message 2: by Michael (new)

Michael (mkindness) I'd be up for that!

twitter name: mkindness

message 3: by Judub (new)

Judub | 11 comments I haven't warmed up to twitter yet...

message 4: by C.G. (new)

C.G. (samatwitch) | 11 comments I'm on Twitter but I protect my tweets and am usually so far behind on the people that I follow that it's hardly worth answering them! I can see using Twitter for that purpose, though.

message 5: by Candy (new)

Candy (candyshann) | 2 comments Yes, I think it is a better use for twitter than some of the things I have seen. It is supposed to be used for intelligent conversation.