Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Issues with Quotes > Preventing Quotes from Being Combined

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M— (last edited Apr 22, 2010 02:19PM) (new)

M— | 62 comments Is there a way to add a librarian note to quotes? I've found some quotes that are quite similar but still are legitimately distinct quotes.

"You in the back," said the principal. "Don't think you can hide. Tell me. What would you like to be?"

"Dangerous," said the hidden girl, without a second's hesitation."

and

"When I grow up, I'd like to be dangerous."

Both quotes appear in the same book, even in the same scene, but I've confirmed (with my copy of the book being at hand) that both of them are separate and individual quotes. They are so very similar, though, that I think if I didn't have my copy of the book at hand and was able to check, I would wonder if they were actually paraphrases of the same quote and maybe ought to be combined.

Is there a way to make record of this, so that these quotes are not erroneously combined in future?

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 44178 comments Mod
M— wrote: "Is there a way to add a librarian note to quotes?"

No, but it's a good idea. Suggesting it in the Feedback group might help.

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9 comments Um, as an aside, I think that "principle" in the first quote should be "principal". If in fact the quote is refering to a school. Sorry to nitpick.

message 4: by M— (last edited Apr 22, 2010 02:21PM) (new)

M— | 62 comments Laura wrote: "Um, as an aside, I think that "principle" in the first quote should be "principal"."

Gosh darn it. :grumble: Thank you.

No, but it's a good idea. Suggesting it in the Feedback group might help.

Thanks! I'll do that.