What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Nanda Devi: The Tragic Expedition
This topic is about Nanda Devi
SOLVED: Non-Fiction > SOLVED!: mountaineering expedition daughter of climber dies on same-nonfiction? [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (not getting friends updates) (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:14PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa  (not getting friends updates) Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments Going a bit nuts! Every time I come to this group to post or try to help out someone else, I think of yet another book I can't quite remember...

This was a (I think nonfiction) book about a mountain climbing expedition, I think in the Himalayas, that included a father (experienced climber) & daughter. and the daughter dies at the top/near the top of this mountain. Not Everest. She died in or just out of a tent I believe.

Any title/author information much appreciated!

message 2: by Heather (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:14PM) (new)

Heather (trixieplum) Is it Nanda Devi: The Tragic Expedition by John Roskelley? I haven't read it yet, but I read a climbing book about Denali recently and was looking around for similar reads -- This one is about a father who named his daughter for a mountain peak in the Himalayas. Years later, when she is a climber too, he takes her back to climb the peak only, tragically, she never makes it to the top......

message 3: by Lisa (not getting friends updates) (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:14PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa  (not getting friends updates) Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments Yes! Thank you very much Heather. Love this group! (Even though nobody - on earth it seems - can help me with my boy & bird vs. dog book, yet anyway.)

message 4: by Heather (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:14PM) (new)

Heather (trixieplum) Glad to help -- This is a great group!