Writer Group discussion

Stories

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (karencarr) | 26 comments I am working on a second story. It's called Underneath the Deep Blue. The story is about a 14 year old named Sadie who is a servant working for a 15 year old, Nyla, on a yacht. It starts out with her having a dream, then moves onto some explaining about why she is there. Sadie doesn't know who her parents are and if they're even alive becasue they disappeared when she was very young.

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (karencarr) | 26 comments It's not on Goodreads, though.

message 3: by Ben (new)

Ben | 221 comments Mod
You should post it,it looks good!

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (karencarr) | 26 comments Okay, I will as soon as I type it up.

message 5: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune | 109 comments Ok, I'd love to see it when you do.

message 6: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (ibscorpioqueen) | 7 comments That is kinda funny cause my story starts with a girl having a "dream", premonition or whatever you want to call it! But there is where the similarities end. It sounds good though I agree with Ben you should post it!

message 7: by Daydree (new)

Daydree Hey Rachel,

Curious about lots of things! If Sadie serves Nyla directly, what kind of capacity is she serving in? What is their relationship like? (Animosity because the gap in social class, or best friends because they are so close in age and living in this confined space together?) Does this take place in our world and present day? Who else is on the yacht (Nyla's parents)?

Would definitely be interested to read once you have it up.

message 8: by Ben (new)

Ben | 221 comments Mod
So, i am writing a story called Between Dimensions. It is about this guy, Lee Osboure, who gets knocked out. While he is in this coma he sees a girl, who gives him this clue...

You'll have to read it to see what happens next!!

message 9: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune | 109 comments Ben, I read it and want more!!!!!

Thats weird, my Unknown story starts with a dream, but its not about the dreams so much...

message 10: by Ben (new)

Ben | 221 comments Mod
Yeah, actually I am working on Chapter 3 right now, it should be posted later tonight.

message 11: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune | 109 comments COOL!!!

message 12: by Ben (new)

Ben | 221 comments Mod
I did post it...

message 13: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune | 109 comments read and loved.

message 14: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ OMG! the story that i'm writing w/my friend, The Prophecy of Aedán (it's on goodreads) also starts with these two kids having dreams!!! i guess it's kind of a cliché... but dreams are fun to write about. ;D

message 15: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ hey, i'm thinking about starting a new story. i was struck w/inspiration last night, out of nowhere. it was weird... i started typing it up this morning. hopefully i'll have the first chapter done soon, and if it's any good i'll post it. :D

message 16: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune | 109 comments cool! Can't wait!

message 17: by Ben (new)

Ben | 221 comments Mod
That's weird because I had a dream last night, and it might make a good story as well!

message 18: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Can't wait, Brigid! Hey, you know what's funny? One of my stories, Star Soul, also started with this girl having a dream about her death! Wow. That's well-used! And the Twilight series started with a dream- Stephenie Meyer had a dream of the meadow scene, and that's how she got the idea for the story.

message 19: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) | 233 comments Mod
my ending for The Other Side of the World is based on a dream that i had.

[it came true btw]

message 20: by Ben (new)

Ben | 221 comments Mod
WHAT IS WITH DREAMS????????????????????

message 21: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune | 109 comments IDK!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

They are cool though.... lol I always have dreams of the ocean, and the waves and stuff... its really weird, but I like surf the waves, and it feels really real, so its really fun....

message 22: by Michelle (last edited Jun 01, 2008 11:13AM) (new)

i almost never have dreams anymore,*sigh*
except that the other day i had a dream that my dad died.

message 23: by Ben (new)

Ben | 221 comments Mod
Well, sorry.

message 24: by Michelle (new)

you should be, though why, i don't know.

message 25: by Ben (new)

Ben | 221 comments Mod
Well, sorry.

message 26: by Michelle (new)

i'm not going to complain, i'm trying to convince myself of that.

message 27: by Ben (new)

Ben | 221 comments Mod
Well, sorry.
Well, sorry.
Well, sorry.
Well, sorry.
Well, sorry.
Well, sorry.
Well, sorry.

message 28: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune | 109 comments I added chapter 9 to Unknown... It took me forever! lol its actually pretty long for a chapter... Maybe i should have cut it in two... oh well.... enjoy! (time to copy and paste this same message on my many writing groups!! lol)

http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/1...

message 29: by Michelle (new)

YAY!! OFF TO READ IT!!!!

message 30: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ oh awesome!!! :D

message 31: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (karencarr) | 26 comments I have posted it, but I am stuck. I totally forgot my story plot! Please help!!

message 32: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (karencarr) | 26 comments All I remember is that her mother is still alive, even though she "drowned" on the cruise 14 years earlier.