Deadly Innocence Deadly Innocence discussion

weird shit

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ashley I found this book disturbing and sad. It was like a car wreck, I couldn't not look away at all the gore. I was insterested in the book because I saw the badly made movie "Karla" which the book was based on. Karla, one of the main characters in the movie was considered innocent, however in the book, which was truer to the actual story Karla was indeed very guilty of all there crimes.
If your into forensics, I recommend it.

Jessica Clement I watched an Investigation Discovery episode about this story, and you are right. It's like a wreck you just can't look away from. And yes, she was so very guilty. Apparently neither one of them had a conscience.

Kimberly Hicks Jessica wrote: "I watched an Investigation Discovery episode about this story, and you are right. It's like a wreck you just can't look away from. And yes, she was so very guilty. Apparently neither one of them ha..."

Yes, I read this story back in 1995, and I read it in two days. It had to be over 600 pages easy, and the worse the story got, the more I delved into the pages. It was a horrible story, but one that sent chills down my spine. This book made me feel the way I felt when I read the Ted Bundy story. I couldn't sleep for a few days after having read it.

Why I put myself through this with true crime stories, I will never know, but I tell ya, I will never, ever, ever forget this one. Every now and again, I reflect back on this. I also saw the ID special done on this too. Not nearly as grisly as the book!

Stephanie There are 3 books about this couple. One of them allegedly has the actual transcripts from the videos made. The author went to jail for defying the court and publshing them. I can't remember which one it is though. I read 2 out of the 3 and I don't recall but I don't think it was in any of those. I read these books so long ago that I get the two mixed up. It truely is horrendous what these two did and she basically got away with.

J.N. I didn't know who this couple was until I watched the movie. I didn't think it was that bad, but was pretty shocked at the couple's actions. Then I decided to read this book, and the movie is like the PG-rated version of the story.

I believe the couple is very messed up, and liked the backstory on them. I feel that Karla was a bit of a victim, but she's definitely not an innocent victim.