Kids/Teens Book Club discussion

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alayna (new)

Alayna (puddy2shoes) | 1 comments This book Ruby Holler is AWUSOME!!! I love it because it talks about details and these 2 poor kids, Florida and Dallas. They are foster kids. They have been switched to many foster places. Florida always thinks she will get in trouble by everybody except Dallas.

message 2: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments I LOVE Ruby Holler. Love it. I love Sharon Creech's books for the most part, though.

message 3: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 2426 comments I read that years ago...maybe in sixth grade?
I loved it. I should read it again, I think...

message 4: by Taylor (last edited Apr 14, 2010 03:11PM) (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments I read Ruby Holler in 6th grade, as well, and loved it. I own it now, along with Walk Two Moons and The Wanderer (both of which I love just as much).

message 5: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 505 comments I love Ruby Holler too! It was my favorite a long time after I read it. I really liked most of Sharon Creech's books too, but the one about the ship, and a voyage, (I think it was one of the ones Taylor mentioned) it was just 'ehhh' to me. It was OK but not as good as Ruby Holler. It kinda bugged me though, at the end (of Ruby Holler) at least I, kinda got the impression ther was going to be a second one, but there isn't at least as far as I know, so it just seemed like part of the story was missing, to me.

message 6: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments The one about the ship you mentioned was The Wanderer. I quite liked that one. I remember that right after reading it, I had the whole ham radio alphabet memorized. I can still spell my name without referencing it:

Tango-Alpha-Yankee-Lima-Oscar-Romeo

message 7: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 2426 comments I never read that one...yet another book I should read but probably won't have time to...

message 8: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 505 comments Thats cool ( : I just thought the book was kind of odd. But I do remember it had really good deep feelings in it too.

message 9: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 505 comments I know! There are so many...

message 10: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments @Jordan: It's super short... Compared to, like, The Book Thief. And short beyond compare when you put it next to The Count of Monte Cristo. ;)

@Lindsey: I can understand why you didn't like it. There are parts of it I skip over now when I reread it cuz I have issues with them.

message 11: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 505 comments @Taylor: What kind of issues?

@Jordan: True, I think it's only a couple hundred pgs.

message 12: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments There are just some parts that freak me out a lot... Or at least, did when I first read it, and I still have a hard time reading them. The one part I recall freaking out about is when Sophie is at the baptism and passes out....

message 13: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 505 comments oh ok, don't remember... :)

message 14: by ☺♡M♡☺ (new)

☺♡M♡☺ (moonlanpersonyahoocom) | 131 comments <3 SHARON CREECH! Her works are awesome! Ruby Holler is so sweet, I read it in fourth grade!