What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

POSSIBLY SOLVED > Title might be Paper Tiger; main character was a boy and there was some kind of espionage

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ari (new)

Ari (acwulff) | 10 comments I read a book in Junior High, and I think the title was Paper Tiger or Paper Tigers..but I can't find it on amazon or anywhere.

The main character was a boy and there was some kind of espionage. Can someone help me fill in the details?

message 2: by Ari (new)

Ari (acwulff) | 10 comments I don't think that's it, KT, but it sounds like a fun read. However, Peking does ring a bell.

message 3: by Heron (new)

Heron | 52 comments When were you in Junior High?

message 4: by Heron (new)

Heron | 52 comments Also: There's a si fi publisher called Paper Tiger. Could it have by put out by them?

message 5: by Ari (new)

Ari (acwulff) | 10 comments Read the book in 6th or 7th grade...that would have been circa 1972-73. Paper Tiger was not the publisher's name.

message 6: by Cynthia (last edited May 29, 2008 06:24PM) (new)

Cynthia (pandoraphoebesmom) Maybe Ride a Paper Tiger by William Ash...but I can't find any real info about it other than it's a mystery it's about 200 pages long which would be appropriate for that age group...it's the best suggestion I can give you though.

message 7: by rivka (new)

rivka | 303 comments And it was published in 1968/69, so that works. And given Ash's bio, I can easily believe that he might have written a book with a tale of espionage.

message 8: by Luscious (new)

Luscious | 3 comments I read one called Tiger Eyes, but it was about a girl not a boy. She had supernatural powers and was sought out by the government.

message 9: by rivka (new)

rivka | 303 comments I think you may be confusing Tiger Eyes with The Girl with the Silver Eyes.

message 10: by Luscious (new)

Luscious | 3 comments Oops you're right. Hey junior high was a LONG time ago LOL

message 11: by rivka (new)

rivka | 303 comments I own a copy of Tiger Eyes, and I've been known to reread it. ;)

message 12: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39638 comments Mod
Ride a Paper Tiger was Cynthia's suggestion. Cayr, was that your book?

message 13: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39638 comments Mod
Ari, is this thread solved? It's in Possibly Solved now.