LDS KIDS discussion

Introduction! :)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jayda (new)

Jayda I didn't see a thread to introduce myself with, so I thought I'd just make one. I hope that's alright!

I'm Jayda, I'm sixteen (seventeen in August), I'm home schooled and graduating this year, and I'm an author! I've been attending church since I was a newborn. I love being LDS. It brings me so much peace and comfort.

Some of you may know me from other groups. I'm not sure.

I'm the moderator in another group called Clean Reads for Mormon Teenagers. You don't have to be a teenager to join - that's just the name I put since I'm a teenager :)

Here's the link:
http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/1...

Here's a link to some of my writing:
http://www.goodreads.com/story/list/9...

It's nice to meet you all! :)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Jayda!

Have you published Alive yet?Have you published Alive yet?Have you published Alive yet? *continues being annoying*

message 3: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Haha :) No, I haven't. I don't know if I will. It's about 3,000 words below the word count that would be considered a "novel" in the publishing world...

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Ah. *sad face* It's alright if you don't. I was just wondering.

message 5: by Jayda (new)

Jayda I might try after I publish some other stuff, like the book I'm working on right now :) Especially if I can manage to write even more than I have! I have 10 chapters and 47,000 words, which is REALLY good!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay! Is that Rebel or a different one?

message 7: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Yeah, it's Rebel :D I'm over 100,000 words for that now and I'm SO close to finishing! It's SO exciting! I had a dream last night that I finished it, so needless to say I'm really bummed that that was just a dream :/

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

HOLY... Wow.

I hate dreams like that... I had two dreams in a one-week period where my brother came back from his mission, and in reality he still had a year to go. Now he has *counts* seven months!

message 9: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Holy for the word count? Well, this year I've written 235,000 words, so... :)

I know, me too! I hate dreams where I accomplish something and then it didn't happen :/ Ugh. Yay! :D He has seven months! I don't have a brother, so I don't know what that's like to wait for them to come back home from their mission. Is it exciting?

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Jayda wrote: "Holy for the word count? Well, this year I've written 235,000 words, so... :)

I know, me too! I hate dreams where I accomplish something and then it didn't happen :/ Ugh. Yay! :D He has seven mo..."

Yeah, holy for the word count. You're insane!

It's hard at first, since my brother and I are extremely close. After about a year, though, you get accustomed to it. This is a bit different for me because this is the first missionary brother I clearly remember having (my other brothers are a lot older). It's pretty exciting, though. =]

message 11: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Haha :) So I've been told, many, many times! :)

Aw, I understand that. But at least he'll be home in seven months! :D Are you planning on maybe serving a mission?

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm having a difficult time deciding. We'll have a lesson on it in Seminary and I'll think "I want to go on a mission!", and other times I wonder if it's what I should do. We'll just see what I'm doing in a few years--I'm not even 15 yet. (I did get mistaken for a sister missionary once though... Hehe.)

What about you? Are you planning on going?

message 13: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Yeah, I totally know how that is!

I think that if I'm not married or engaged by then or have no reason to stay behind then I'll definitely, truly think about it. I used to want to go on a mission SO badly when I was in primary, but now I'm kind of on the edge about it. I'll figure it out when I'm 21 :) Haha.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Hehe. Sorry, I got majorly distracted. (Story of my life. I think I have a little ADD.)

message 15: by Jayda (new)

Jayda No problemo :) I should probably go shower right now, anyway. The computer can be so distracting within itself, sometimes! D:

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha. True, true. See ya!

message 17: by Kayti (new)

Kayti (kaytigrace22) Jayda wrote "...I'm home schooled..."

That is so cool!!! So am I. Have ya ever heard of Thomas Jefferson Eduaction (TJED)or George Wythe College?

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh! Someone who's home schooled! I might need to ask you a question from time to time, Jayda, because one of my characters is home schooled and I have no idea what I'm doing.

message 19: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Kayti - I'm pretty sure I've heard of George Wythe College :) I'm not so sure about TJED, though.

Maxy - feel free to ask me anytime! :) I love helping people out.

message 20: by Hope (new)

Hope Hello everyone:)

I've been in this group for a while now, but I guess I'll introduce myself.

My name is Hope and I have been a member of the LDS church since I was 8 years old. I'm 13, but I'll be 14 next month. I love to read and write and I want to do it for the rest of my life. The gospel is the most important thing to me. My family is included in that since they are part of the gospel. I love the teachings and the spirit that surrounds me when I live them.

Jayda- Have you published anything yet?

message 21: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Self-published, but I'm not selling it :) I'm planning on sendign out the book I just finished yesterday once I edit it a bunch.

message 22: by Hope (new)

Hope What do you mean by Self-published? You are a goodreads author, but what exactly does that mean?

message 23: by Jayda (new)

Jayda I published myself. I didn't get an agent or go to a publishing company to have them publish me :) There are several different routes you can take to getting published, and self-publishing is the first one I took. I'm not doing it again, though xD

message 24: by Hope (new)

Hope I don't exactly understand, the internet does that a lot:)

message 25: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Try going to wikipedia and looking up self publishing and then just publishing and see if they can give you a better definition of the difference :)

message 26: by Hope (new)

Hope Thanks:)

message 27: by Kasidee (last edited Apr 27, 2010 08:28PM) (new)

Kasidee | 180 comments hi! im kasidee my three favorite things to eat are Popsicles pies and cookies i love to read bake and anything including crafts ummm love Andys mints my favorite places to eat are claim jumpers olive garden and the lucky dragon and i love to make up storys you guys should read my story on here its called the secrets untold! bye! :)

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi! I'm Cassie and I'm...a dork! And I'm proud of it. Hi!

message 29: by Hope (new)

Hope Welcome Kasidee and Cassie!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi!

message 31: by Kasidee (new)

Kasidee | 180 comments hullo (yes i meant to put the u instead of an o)

message 32: by Kasidee (new)

Kasidee | 180 comments you guys should check out my new poem on here its about my puppy that died last year:(

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Kasidee wrote: "hullo (yes i meant to put the u instead of an o)"

Don't you mean an e?

Howdy.

message 34: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (cheezybob) | 99 comments WOW! You have captain jack Sparrow for your pic! :D :D

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

*bows* I'm glad you like it.
I love Captain Jack. He's the best. I like Barbossa too, but Jack is amazing.

message 36: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (cheezybob) | 99 comments Have you been on the ride at disneyland? He looks SUPER real but he is really a Dummy :)

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

No.

message 38: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (cheezybob) | 99 comments oh ok YOU SHOULD THEN it is UBER fun! are you mormon??

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

DUH. Yes.

message 40: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Taylor wrote: "Have you been on the ride at disneyland? He looks SUPER real but he is really a Dummy :)"

I have never been to disneyland

message 41: by Kasidee (new)

Kasidee | 180 comments The Casstastic Cassie wrote: "Kasidee wrote: "hullo (yes i meant to put the u instead of an o)"

Don't you mean an e?

Howdy."

no cuz when u say it, it sonds goofy =)

message 42: by Kasidee (last edited Jun 20, 2010 09:39PM) (new)

Kasidee | 180 comments me neither *high five*
( that is for sarah btw)

message 43: by Sarah (new)

Sarah yay good for you two!

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Kayti wrote: "Jayda wrote "...I'm home schooled..."

That is so cool!!! So am I. Have ya ever heard of Thomas Jefferson Eduaction (TJED)or George Wythe College?"

O my word I do the Tjed to .

message 45: by Madison (new)

Madison | 3 comments hi my name is madison! kasidee is my cousin by the way! :)

message 46: by Kasidee (new)

Kasidee | 180 comments HEY EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!! WAZ UPPPPP!!! hey everyone meet my cousin maddy (madison)

message 47: by Madison (new)

Madison | 3 comments what you gyes talkin about

message 48: by Madison (new)

Madison | 3 comments TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 49: by Kayti (new)

Kayti (kaytigrace22) Chloris wrote "O my word I do the Tjed to."

Really. That is so cool. Where are you from?

message 50: by Kasidee (new)

Kasidee | 180 comments Madison wrote: "TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..."

maddy this isnt like IM ppl arent on all the time btw

« previous 1