Incarceron discussion

75 views
Characters

Comments Showing 1-50 of 92 (92 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Mila (new)

Mila Who are your favorite characters? What did you think about them? What do you think of Finn and Claudia? Finn and Keiro?


message 2: by Arya (new)

Arya (izlandzadi) | 38 comments I liked Jared (and Finn and Claudia of course!)

Jared was so smart and courageous. Even though he was scared of the Warden he stood up to him for Claudia. I also liked Attia. She was so loyal to Finn.

What do I think of Keiro. I am honestly not sure. I think it he is sort of like a pirate. He is rogue, and a blackguard but I have a love/hate relationship with his character because he is so reckless and dashing. He is interesting to say the least. I think I will have to read Sapphique before I can truthfully know how I feel about Keiro.


message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura Jared is awesome...^.^ I think I like all the characters in general...


message 4: by Roxanne Hsu (new)

Roxanne Hsu Feldman (fairrosa) I definitely like Jared as a smart guy -- but I was "worried" about him the whole time, thinking that he's in league with the Queen or something, that he'd betray everyone in the end. And was relieved to find that he seems to be genuine in his affection and concerns for Claudia. He's really brilliant -- a total computer nerd, right? :)


message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura haha yeah, in a world with no computers...


message 6: by Arya (new)

Arya (izlandzadi) | 38 comments I think he gets along fine without him! He is a genius! I understand your "worry" about him Laura, he was WAY in the inner circle of all things secret and his betrayal would have taken the story in a whole different direction . . . that being said I am SOOO glad that he was a true friend to Claudia and did not betray her. Frankly it would have been a surprise to me - an unwelcome surprise!

What did ya'll think about FINN? Is he really the Prince? Is he brave or simply reckless?


message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura Finn...hmm...I didn't like him at the beginning as much, I have no idea why, but Finn seems to become a better person in whole as the story progresses. Yes, he really is the Prince (well, I think...).

He's brave and reckless.


message 8: by Arya (new)

Arya (izlandzadi) | 38 comments Hahaha great reply Laura. I agree with you that Finn really "grew" as the story progressed. At the end I liked him as well.

I also think that he is really the prince *fingers crossed*!! :D


message 9: by Laura (new)

Laura *shrugs* all the facts lead up to it, so .....


message 10: by Arya (new)

Arya (izlandzadi) | 38 comments YAY!!! I think that the evidence does point to the "we have a prince charming" conclusion!!!! SO EXCITING!


message 11: by person (new)

person (iwasachild) Jared is definitely my favorite :) Him and Finn are the BOMB!!


message 12: by Arya (new)

Arya (izlandzadi) | 38 comments Hahaha . . . glad there is someone else who appreciates Jared! He is an enigmatic, smart, cool character - what's not to love?


message 13: by person (new)

person (iwasachild) Arya wrote: "Hahaha . . . glad there is someone else who appreciates Jared! He is an enigmatic, smart, cool character - what's not to love?"

Definitely. Jeez I'm so jealous of Britain. They already have Saphiqque published over there, the dweebs. Grrr....


message 14: by person (new)

person (iwasachild) Arya wrote: "I liked Jared (and Finn and Claudia of course!)

Jared was so smart and courageous. Even though he was scared of the Warden he stood up to him for Claudia. I also liked Attia. She was so loya..."


I think Keiro is just one of those characters that you love them and hate them all at once. :)


message 15: by Laura (new)

Laura Megan wrote: "Arya wrote: "Hahaha . . . glad there is someone else who appreciates Jared! He is an enigmatic, smart, cool character - what's not to love?"

Definitely. Jeez I'm so jealous of Britain. They alrea..."


*grumbles* those luckies.... But hey, maybe I could get it from amazon.com!!! :D


message 16: by Laura (new)

Laura Megan wrote: "Arya wrote: "I liked Jared (and Finn and Claudia of course!)

Jared was so smart and courageous. Even though he was scared of the Warden he stood up to him for Claudia. I also liked Attia. She ..."


Yeah...and what really surprised me is that he's half-metal...


message 17: by person (new)

person (iwasachild) Laura wrote: "Megan wrote: "Arya wrote: "Hahaha . . . glad there is someone else who appreciates Jared! He is an enigmatic, smart, cool character - what's not to love?"

Definitely. Jeez I'm so jealous of Brita..."


That would be perfect except for the fact that I'm BROKE!! :D


message 18: by person (new)

person (iwasachild) Laura wrote: "Megan wrote: "Arya wrote: "I liked Jared (and Finn and Claudia of course!)

Jared was so smart and courageous. Even though he was scared of the Warden he stood up to him for Claudia. I also like..."


I know, right??! I think that part of the book is so weird... like the half-men and whatnot? and the cell-born? I mean that was freaking weird stuff!


message 19: by person (new)

person (iwasachild) Arya wrote: "Hahaha . . . glad there is someone else who appreciates Jared! He is an enigmatic, smart, cool character - what's not to love?"

Hey Arya, does your name have anything to do with the Inheritance Cycle by Chris Paolini? Just asking. :)


message 20: by Arya (new)

Arya (izlandzadi) | 38 comments Yes it does. I loved Paolini's books and chose this name because Arya is so cool, is a princess, is a strong female character and a kick-butt warrior elf! I think she is great!!

P.S. - Did you like the Inheritance books *with trepidation* it seems like people either love 'em or hate 'em.


message 21: by person (new)

person (iwasachild) Arya wrote: "Yes it does. I loved Paolini's books and chose this name because Arya is so cool, is a princess, is a strong female character and a kick-butt warrior elf! I think she is great!!

P.S. - Did y..."


Yes I love them! I'm part of the Inheritance Cycle group :) You should join it :D Arya is also my favorite female character and my second overall favorite character (second only to Brom) :D Yeah, she's a strong, beautiful, incredibly cool princess who is definitely ninja-awesome :)


message 22: by Laura (new)

Laura Arya is amazing! I agree with you both.


message 23: by Arya (new)

Arya (izlandzadi) | 38 comments Oh I just adore Brom! He is so cool! I'll think about the joining Inheritance . . . it sounds fun!

What about Eragon *wails plaintivly* he is not one of your favorite?

I used to like Nasuada but I don't like her much anymore. Ever since I finished Brisingr and she did what she did to Roran . . . so mean!

So you like her?


message 24: by person (new)

person (iwasachild) Arya wrote: "Oh I just adore Brom! He is so cool! I'll think about the joining Inheritance . . . it sounds fun!

What about Eragon *wails plaintivly* he is not one of your favorite?

I used to like Nasu..."


I still like Nasuada... even though she did what she did to Roran. I mean, you have to admire her. She's only sixteen years old, maybe seventeen by now. She's had to deal with her father dying, crazy battles, being used by people, leading the Varden out of Farthen Dur, the whole Trial of the Knives crap... man, she's really been through so much, and even though I don't agree with what she did to Roran, I do understand... to an extent. She did have a pretty legitimate reason (even though it was still completely wrong). I hate what she did, but I liked Nasuada enough to forgive her for it.

I know that Katrina must've been real P.O.ed at Nasuada, but I think Nasuada felt really bad about it and that's why she gave her the dowry. Or was that before? I can't remember. But still, I think that it brought Roran and Katrina closer together.


message 25: by Laura (new)

Laura ANGELA!!!!! I love her.


message 26: by person (new)

person (iwasachild) Laura wrote: "Arya is amazing! I agree with you both."

I know right!!? Arya is the BOMB!!


message 27: by Laura (new)

Laura I really don't hope that will become literal...


message 28: by person (last edited Jun 18, 2010 08:39PM) (new)

person (iwasachild) Laura wrote: "I really don't hope that will become literal..."

LOL!! Haha, I really hope that, as well xD

I mean I hope that doesn't happen :)


message 29: by Laura (new)

Laura Yeah. Sometimes I want to slap Eragon because he's so helpless at romance. Idiot. *rolls eyes* That's pretty much the only thing I have against him, though.


message 30: by Arya (new)

Arya (izlandzadi) | 38 comments Ok I can see your point about Nasuada. She is a pretty brave and strong character. I forget how young she is. I guess there is a lot more pressure on her to be mature and not show favoratism to Eragon's cousin. So I do see how you can still like her . . . personally, I don't know if I can forgive her.

Laura - I also think Angela is AWESOME!! And her werecat - WHAT IS HIS NAME?? I know it starts with an S right?


message 31: by person (new)

person (iwasachild) Laura wrote: "Yeah. Sometimes I want to slap Eragon because he's so helpless at romance. Idiot. *rolls eyes* That's pretty much the only thing I have against him, though."

Haha, I know!! Me too :) Other than that, Eragon is so awesome :)


message 32: by person (new)

person (iwasachild) Laura wrote: "ANGELA!!!!! I love her."

AGREED!!!


message 33: by Arya (new)

Arya (izlandzadi) | 38 comments Hahaha Laura - he is sort of clueless sometimes!


message 34: by Arya (new)

Arya (izlandzadi) | 38 comments Do y'all think that Arya will be the next dragon rider??


message 35: by Laura (last edited Jun 18, 2010 08:43PM) (new)

Laura Arya wrote: "Hahaha Laura - he is sort of clueless sometimes!"

Indeed.

Arya wrote: "Ok I can see your point about Nasuada. She is a pretty brave and strong character. I forget how young she is. I guess there is a lot more pressure on her to be mature and not show favoratism to ..."

I forget the cat...maybe you're supposed to???


message 36: by Laura (new)

Laura Arya wrote: "Do y'all think that Arya will be the next dragon rider??"

Um...sure.


message 37: by Laura (new)

Laura YES!!!!!!!


message 38: by Arya (new)

Arya (izlandzadi) | 38 comments So DO NOT be upset with me oh people who love the Inheritance books, but I would like to ask your thoughts on the movie. . . after you tell me what you think I will tell you what I think.


message 39: by Laura (new)

Laura The movie....meh. If you don't think it's related to the Eragon books, it's fairly well done--good--but if you're speaking on the terms 'did it follow the inheritance plot', then NO IT WAS HORRIBLE.

D: They messed up the Ra'zac! HOW DARE THEY.


message 40: by Arya (new)

Arya (izlandzadi) | 38 comments Hahaha . . . K well I am waiting for Megan's reply then I will tell you my thoughts . . .


message 41: by Laura (new)

Laura Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeegaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan....................


message 42: by person (new)

person (iwasachild) Arya wrote: "Ok I can see your point about Nasuada. She is a pretty brave and strong character. I forget how young she is. I guess there is a lot more pressure on her to be mature and not show favoratism to ..."

Solembum! :)


message 43: by person (new)

person (iwasachild) Arya wrote: "Do y'all think that Arya will be the next dragon rider??"

Yep. She's the only character that makes sense. But I think that CP will put in a huge twist to make it so that it isn't THAT obvious, you know?


message 44: by person (new)

person (iwasachild) Arya wrote: "So DO NOT be upset with me oh people who love the Inheritance books, but I would like to ask your thoughts on the movie. . . after you tell me what you think I will tell you what I think."

Personally, I thought the movie was disgustingly sick! I mean, they just messed EVERYTHING up. I mean, Arya isn't even an ELF for the love of God! And Roran had like 2 scenes. No Katrina. The kid who played Murtagh was disgusting and greasy-haired. I don't think there was a Nasuada. Saphira was a grown dragon in like 2 seconds after being in the air. No Farthen Dur. No TRONJHEIM. Eragon was supposed to be 17 years old! And the actor who played him... EW!! I just hated the movie. It was a DISGRACE.

That is my personal opinion :)


message 45: by Laura (new)

Laura Megan wrote: "Arya wrote: "Ok I can see your point about Nasuada. She is a pretty brave and strong character. I forget how young she is. I guess there is a lot more pressure on her to be mature and not show f..."

Thank you!


message 46: by Arya (new)

Arya (izlandzadi) | 38 comments Ok well my opinion on the movie is somewhat unconventional beacuse the only reason I even read the book was because of the movie! I saw the movie and LOVED it, so then I read the books. I admit that I still like the movie purely for sentimental reasons. It is a REALLY good movie if you hadn't read the book first - if you had read it first it was AWFUL!!

There wasa Nasuada Megan - I know because I watched the movie about seven times right when it came out. She has one scene where she walks in on Eragon when he is washing up before the big "battle" with Durza . . . so anyway that is my big opinion on the movie. I like it because it led me to the book - WHICH I LOVE!!

So . . . yeah.


message 47: by Laura (new)

Laura *nods* basically, my opinion too. Except I read the book before the movie.


message 48: by person (new)

person (iwasachild) Arya wrote: "Ok well my opinion on the movie is somewhat unconventional beacuse the only reason I even read the book was because of the movie! I saw the movie and LOVED it, so then I read the books. I admit t..."

Hmm... maybe that's why I have this vibe that before Nasuada was made leader of the Varden that she had this crush on Eragon... maybe I'm mixing the movie with the book... no, but I swear, even in the books, Nasuada was all starry eyed for Eragon in the first book. Oh, I don't know. Maybe I'm crazy.

I think a lot of the movies/from/books are decent movies, it's just when you read the book first that it disappoints you and you hate it. That's how Eragon the Movie was for me... and the Lovely Bones, and Twilight, and Harry Potter (even though those were okay), and the Lightning Thief, and the Tale of Desperaux.

But I do see where movies are good in the sense that it makes people read the books :) See, when I see a movie preview for a movie I know is already a book, I'll run out and get the book immediately before I watch the movie. That's how it was for the Lovely Bones, for me. So, I can see why you liked the movie... I probably would have loved it too if I'd watched it before I'd read the book :)


message 49: by Arya (new)

Arya (izlandzadi) | 38 comments That happened to me with The Golden Compass. The trailer was so good I read the book - which was plenty wierd let me tell you!

I have actually read Percy Jasckson, but I hadn't read it in like, forever, when I went and saw the movie and I loved the movie, until my Aunt started telling me all the stuff they left out. They BUTCHERED the book!! But the movie was actually quite excellent as a stand alone - good acting (LOVED Charon!) and superb special effects. . . what did you think?


message 50: by Arya (new)

Arya (izlandzadi) | 38 comments Oh and by the way I liked The Golden Compass - sort of - (totally unique plot) but it WAS weird!


« previous 1
back to top