The Writing Corner discussion

Contests!!!!!!!!! > The First Contest

Comments Showing 1-50 of 73 (73 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Karin (last edited Apr 05, 2010 06:36AM) (new)

Karin | 235 comments Mod
the contest is you have to make a short story that is about the prompt i will give you. it can't be so long no one will want to read it, but it has no official word limit.
the prompt:
Your character __________ is walking home one night from __________. He/she finds a five year old girl in the ally.
you need to come up with the rest one your own! have fun!
starting time: April 5, 9:17
closing time: April 16 (anytime)

message 2: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) | 16 comments ooh this will be fun!

message 3: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Does it matter what narrative you use? Like, does it have to be in second person? Or can you write in first?

message 4: by Karin (new)

Karin | 235 comments Mod
it doesn't matter Lydia. i really don't care. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, omniscient. whatever! :)

message 5: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Kay. Thank you!

message 6: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Can it be a cliff-hanger?

message 7: by Karin (new)

Karin | 235 comments Mod
it can be.... but, make it good. i usually don't like cliff-hangers.....they make me think for way too long after words, and make me want to make it into a huge long story :(

message 8: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Okay, it's just my story going to be long without a cliff-hanger.

message 9: by Karin (new)

Karin | 235 comments Mod
mk

message 10: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) | 16 comments im really hoping i can write something by the time its over...school is super busy right now

message 11: by Karin (new)

Karin | 235 comments Mod
if no one can post..... i can delay it.... if you guys will let me know...i can make it the 25th...if need be (or sometime around there) :) just let me know by the 10th if anyone has stuff going on and they cannot do it by the 16th (like i have state testing for 4 days next week, i know how it is and everything)

message 12: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) | 16 comments that would actually b really awesome...if no one minds...

message 13: by Flameholly161 (new)

Flameholly161 | 153 comments alright here goes nothing

I was just walking home from Linda's party. I had no idea what would happen. It's not like I planned for it all to happen. It had been simple enough that I just didn't want a ride from Liz.
"Hey you want a ride Cassie?" Liz asked.
"No I need to some excersise, I'll walk home"
"Are you sure? You only live a block away from me" she said.
"I'm fine Liz, really. I'll see you tomorrow kay?" I asked.
"Sure, I'll pick you up at twelve" she said and walked out.
I grabbed my coat and my house keys and headed out the door. My house was only seven blocks away but I knew of an alleyway that would save me four blocks of walking. I headed toward the alley.
I was about two thirds of the way in when I saw a little girl with blonde banana curled hair. She turned her head to look at me and I saw she had bright blue eyes and was missing one of her teeth. She had to be about five years old. She stood up and I gasped in suprise.
She was wearing a white dress with white flowers on it, and a huge blood stain in the middle of the dress.
She had bruises along her arms and a stratch on her legs. Her shoes were cute white sneakers, but they too had blood stains on them. I stared in shock at the little girl.
"Help me please" she said, and then she collapsed onto the ground unconscious. I pulled out my cell phone and dialed nine one one. After a few panicked moments of answering questions and what seemed like forever waiting for the ambulance, I finally ended up in the hospital with the little girl.
"Is she going to be ok?" I asked the doctor
"Yes she is. You found her just in time"
I sighed in relief and turned back to her. She looked so small and fraglie. How did this happen? Who did this to her? How come she didn't try to find help? Who is she?
"Do you know who she is?" I asked.
"Her name is Maria Hellen. She is five and her mother was arested for drinking and killing her husband twenty years ago. When she got out she had a two daughters and bought a very small house around fifteen minutes away" he answered.
"Wow; how did you find all of that out?" I asked.
"It's all on her record when we plugged in her fingerprint scan" he replied.

............................................................................................................

thats all I have so far i promise to add more later

message 14: by Karin (new)

Karin | 235 comments Mod
that is good so far :)

oh and btw everyone...the contest is moved to the 25th!
have fun :)

message 15: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel thanks for moving the date!
:)

message 16: by Flameholly161 (new)

Flameholly161 | 153 comments yea thanx

message 17: by Karin (new)

Karin | 235 comments Mod
your welcome! :)

message 18: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) | 16 comments thank you!!

message 19: by Flameholly161 (new)

Flameholly161 | 153 comments sorry i didnt edit my story, im gonna post it again later edited

message 20: by Karin (new)

Karin | 235 comments Mod
that is okay

message 21: by Lydia (last edited Apr 10, 2010 03:11PM) (new)

Lydia A Certain Face
By Lydia
Word Count: 776

“No!”
“Yes.”
“I don’t have to!” Anna screamed.
“Ann Marie!” Her mother scolded. “I am your mother and you will listen to what I say.”
Anna didn’t reply. She grabbed her backpack and opened the door.
“Don’t expect me to come home after school.” She hollered over her shoulder. Her mother started to speak, but Anna slammed the door behind her. Just getting out of the house made her feel better. The grass was damp from the rain last night.
“Anna!”
Anna turned to see her best friends, Alex and Mackenzie, waving to her. She rushed to the curb right as the bus pulled up. She got on the bus, laughing with her friends. Her head automatically turned to look at the fourth seat from the back. His seat. It was empty.
“I don’t think he’s coming back.” Mackenzie whispered. They never said his name anymore.
“I know.” Anna said sharply.
“He” was Tyler Jackson. Anna had known him since second grade, and had a crush on him for half of that time.
Anna sat down as the bus rocked forward. Alex sat beside her while Mackenzie sat with Kayla, a seat in front. Anna Marie sighed.
Mackenzie turned around to look at her. “Anna-” She paused. “This isn’t really good for you. Your mother’s worried.”
“My mother?” Anna snorted. “She doesn’t even care.”
“Yes, she does.” Mackenzie continued hesitantly. “She loses sleep over you.” Anna flinched as the memories of the morning came back to her. Then her anger boiled. “Does she?” Her friends fell silent as they realized Anna would say no more. The bus ride to the school was quick, about 10 minutes. When the bus parked, Anna jumped up and pushed her way off the vehicle. Her friends followed the motion.
School flew by. It seemed as if Anna had just barely stepped into the school when the final bell rang. Anna walked with the crowd out of the school. She ignored the buses, but instead turned toward the bike path. She waved to her friends confused expressions.
Anna breathed in the frosty autumn air. She started down the path. A gust of wind blew leaves across the worn trail. Anna brought her foot back, then shot it forward. Her toe hit a stone and it make a soft crack as it hit a birch tree.
Anna was only seven blocks away from her house when she heard quiet sobs. Looking into an alley, she saw a little girl in a dirty, but once white, dress along with a matching bow. Cautiously, Anna approached her. When she could see the features of the little girl, Anna recognized her instantly.
“You’re Tyler Jackson’s sister.”
She merely nodded.
“Is it.. Caroline?” Again, Caroline nodded. “Where’s your family?” Anna inquired. Caroline shrugged. Anna helped her up and brushed her up. “Do you want to come with me?” Caroline smiled. “Okay then.” Anna said. She led the way to her house, with Caroline clinging onto her arm.
“Mom?” Anna yelled as she opened the door and walked in. Caroline trailed behind.
“Yes?” Her mother wearily asked. She braced herself for the anger. It never came.
“This is Caroline Jackson.” Anna said.
“Oh,” Her mother said. “Tyler’s sister? Hello, Caroline. You can call me Jane.”
“Jane.” Caroline repeated. She smiled up at Anna. “Jane.” She laughed.
“Yes,” Anna said. But she was surprised. Her mother hadn’t used her first name since Anna’s father had died two years ago. Anna had met Tyler the day after and they became friends instantly. Tyler made Anna feel whole.
“Where’s your family?” Anna’s mother asked. Caroline looked up at Anna.
“You can trust my mom.” Anna encouraged her. Caroline’s words came out in a rush.
“My family moved away from my mother. My father said she was bad news. But he was wrong.” Caroline shivered. Her voice lowered, like she was telling juicy gossip and didn’t want to be overheard. “My father abused me.”
For the first time, Anna noticed small purple bruises on Caroline’s arms.
“Tyler stood up for me. Father beat him, too.” Caroline whimpered. “Tyler and me ran away last night. We got lost from each other. She found me in the alley. And now I’m here.” Caroline finished.
Anna’s mother gasped. “That’s horrible.” The doorbell rang.
“I’ll get it.” Anna said. She turned around and opened the door. “Yes?” She looked up at the boy behind the door.
And there was the face of a teenager who looked worn out and tired, the face of a person who had been looking for his sister all night. Someone who been etched in Anna’s mind.
It was Tyler Jackson.

message 22: by Karin (new)

Karin | 235 comments Mod
that was good :)

message 23: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Thanks! ;D

message 24: by Karin (new)

Karin | 235 comments Mod
who ever else is entering this has some big competition ahead of them :)

message 25: by Lydia (new)

Lydia ;D I hope we do get some more people though. For the voting, can we vote for our own writing?

message 26: by Lexi (last edited Apr 12, 2010 05:56PM) (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) | 16 comments im planning on writing something...it probably wont b that great cuz i dont have much time to work on it but we'll see :)
and i agree theres going to b a tough decision when voting

message 27: by Karin (new)

Karin | 235 comments Mod
well, you could vote for your own writing. if you are like me, and are self conscious about your writing and don't think you are that great, you wouldn't vote for yourself......

message 28: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Okay, just wondering. ;D

message 29: by Flameholly161 (new)

Flameholly161 | 153 comments im loosing already T_T i should just not enter anymore T_T

message 30: by Franklin (new)

Franklin (piedaddy) | 3 comments Thnx for moving the date, I hope I have time to write it tho! :D I'll try my best!

message 31: by Karin (new)

Karin | 235 comments Mod
your welcome

message 32: by Karin (new)

Karin | 235 comments Mod
btw everyone.....i know you all just adore my writing, (sarcastic tone...lol.... my writing is N0T good....) but i will not be entering

message 33: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel oh come on Karin
at least try!

i want to enter the contest
i'll try
but i'm not really in the mood now
:P

but i will try
;)
cause i REALLY want to write something for the contest
:>

message 34: by Flameholly161 (new)

Flameholly161 | 153 comments heyy im working on more and im changing mine around a little so ill tell u when i finish

message 35: by Karin (new)

Karin | 235 comments Mod
i have to do school stuff.....i ahve to write a narrative for Language and it is due Firday. i am not even close to being done....

message 36: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) | 16 comments im not going to b able to enter.... :(

message 37: by Karin (new)

Karin | 235 comments Mod
i sorry...next time! right? don't forget to read my story, Imagine a World! :)

message 38: by Karin (new)

Karin | 235 comments Mod
ok....here goes nothing. mine is long....but worth it to read it (it was my Lang. Arts narritive)

title: Happy Ending?

“Momma, may I go play outside? Please?” I say in my little British accent when I was still six years old.

“Yes dear. But, be back before dinner, and don’t play in the neighbors yard without permission.” My mother said in her kind, and sweet voice.

I nod and race out the door shouting, “I love you!” back at my kind mother. She worked so hard all day long. I run out to the woods behind my house. I play explorer for a little while, when I see planes go by over head.

I see one set a bomb free right on top of my house. Then it donned on me that bombs were dropped on my house. With my momma inside. I rush to the house with tears pouring down my face. It is burning down. Then I find my mother shouting my name. I run to the front of house where I heard my mother’s voice.

I find her crying on the ground my brother in her lap.

“Momma, momma. What in the world just happened, momma?” I say in a shaky voice.

“Emeiliegh, World War Two is happening. The Japanese are bombing houses.” She looks up at me with her tear filled turquoise eyes.

My flashback ends and I go back to reading my book on my small bed. Tears come to my eyes. I put down my book and wipe my eyes. My mother died in a camp for being accused of a Jew while she was at my aunt’s house and my brother, Brandyn, and I were at school.

We have been put into an orphanage. I have a couple friends here. I would like to have a real home though. But, with the war still going on, no one wants to take the risk of putting a kid in danger, or something like that. My dad left my mom right before my brother was born. So there was no hope of us being with him.

My friend, Stevie, comes up and plops on my bed.

“Hi, Stevenson.” I say sadly.

“I told you to call me Stevie!” she shouts in my ear. I smack her, she smacks me back. Then we laugh.

Then I remember that I was sad. I just frown. “What is wrong with you? You are always frowning.” She asks in a snotty tone.

“Did your mother die in a bombing and your dad wanting to have nothing with you and your brother Jax?!” I shout in her round face.

She pushes her long brown hair out of her eyes. “No, but you want to know what really happened? Huh? Well I will tell you. My dad was a Nazis soldier. We were moved right next door to a concentration camp! My mom thought my dad was a monster. She killed him. Then we fled. But, what my mother didn’t know was that the officer was there. He had my mom taken away and killed! They decided to let Jax and me watch mom get killed. I think my story is worse, Emeiliegh Suesen Eriksson! Mine is worse.” She sobbed on my bed. My blanket and sheets where soaked by the time she was done crying.

I shake my head and say I am sorry. That I didn’t mean it, at all. She nods. She grabs her bed and pushes it closer to mine so that she can lay her head on my shoulder. I comfort her to sleep. I soon fall asleep myself.

We wake up to the sound of the breakfast bell. I get up, stretching and yawning.

Stevie and I slowly shuffle to the crowed mess hall. We go through the noisy line being pushed and shoved. I don’t know why kids are so eager for breakfast, it is always soggy cereal or cold, gross oatmeal.

We quickly shove it down our throats so we can leave. Once we are done, we put our trays on the dirty pile and go back to the girl’s quarters to put on our plain, ugly black and white shirt and skirts. I moan as I put on my white socks and grimy black shoes.

“I hate this place. I hate theses clothes. I am done. I want a family now!” I say to Stevie.

“Well, you are in luck than, Miss Emeiliegh. You have been assigned a new home. You will go tomorrow.” The mean and ugly social worker announces.

“Brandyn too? And Stevie, And Jax also?” I say hopefully.

“No. They only want you. It is a cute couple, the Boisher’s, who cannot have children.” The ugly lady in a black suit explains, to my dismay, smiling.

I glare at her saying, “I am not going, then.”

“Yes, you are. They are really looking forward to seeing you! You don’t want to disappoint someone, do you?”

“I don’t care if they are disappointed. I can’t leave my real family here!” I say in a snotty tone. I don’t care if she doesn’t like it. I can’t leave Stevie, Jax, and Brandyn.

She just shakes her head and leaves. Stevie turns to me and says, “Emeiliegh, what if she gets her way? What are you going to do?”

“Come back. Stevie, I can’t leave you guys. You are my family. I love you guys.” She nods. She hugs me, and then we go off to do our boring chores before free time.

The ugly, pointed nose, witch lady pushes me into the car. Then she starts to speed off toward the Boisher’s house. I wave to Stevie, Jax, and my brother as the car rushes off. I will come back, some how. No matter what it takes. I can’t leave my family.

We arrive three hours later at a small green house with a white roof. A little woman and her tall husband are standing on the porch waving. The woman is pretty. She has short blond hair and a pretty face. She is skinny and about four foot eight. Her husband is about six foot two. He has brown hair down to his shoulders and glasses perched on the bridge of his nose. His face has sharp angles and features.

They couple looks nice. I unbuckle and get out of car. The evil social worker throws my suitcase at me. I start to drag it wimpilily. It is super heavy. The tall man runs over and picks it up, carrying it to the small porch. I walk up the steps, admiring their plants and the white porch swing.

“Hello, Emeliegh! I am Seeara Boisher and this is my husband Jarrame Boisher.” The woman (apparently named Seeara) said.

“Hi.” I turn to the social worker and whisper, “These people seem really nice, but I want my brother and best friends.”

“Look girly. I don’t care what you want. Talk to them. If they want three more brats in their house, good for them and you. If they don’t, then forget about it. Okay?” she says in her mean tone.

I nod my head and roll my eyes. I turn to my new family and say, “Will you guys go back to that orphanage and adopt my brother, best friend, and her brother, please?”

They turn to each other and exchange looks. Seeara turns to me and says, “Let us think about it, okay?”

I nod. The social worker lady says, “My work here is done. I am going to leave. I may see you again or whatever. Please remember to tip you waitress, blaugh, blaugh, blaugh.” She walks away and we wave as she backs out of the drive way and drives away.

The Boisher’s lead me into their house. Jarrame closes the door behind us. Seeara says first, “Your bedroom is the first on the right. You can call us mom and dad or whatever. You will start school Monday. Eighth grade, right? Oh and we have a cat. Any questions.” I nod my head to the eighth grade, but shake my head no for questions.

A grey cat comes and rubs on my legs. I pick it up and hold it. It looks at me sweetly with it’s big eyes. It’s right eye is blue and it’s left eye is green. It is the cutest cat I have ever seen. The poor thing is super tiny and only weighs a couple pounds. It starts to lick my face.

“Aw, she likes you!” Jarrame says happily.

I start to laugh. Her tough is tickling my face. I stop laughing long enough to ask what her name is. Seeara says, “Her name is Jazzie. We won her in a jazz music contest. If you want to, you can go to your room while we decide on what to do about your family back at the orphanage.” I nod, hoping their answer is yes. I head down the hall with Jazzie in my arms. Stopping every few seconds to look at awards from music contests and a bunch of pictures of the couple and what I assume to be their family.

I walk into my big room. It has dark yellow walls. The canny cornered bed has red painted wood with a brown and dark orange striped blanket. I have lots of chairs, tables, and a dresser that matches the colors. I look over and I find a desk with a computer! I have never had my own computer before. We had one at the orphanage but it didn’t run that good. I look to the other wall and find Stevie sitting on a bed in the corner! She jumps up and hugs me. We squeal, jump up and down, and hug for about ten minutes.

I find myself crying tears of joy. I am so happy! My best friend is here with me. We are going to live together! Just as I finish hugging her, Jax and Brandyn come in! I run up and hug them until I almost explode.

They release me and everything gets quite. I ask them how they got here. They tell me the short story. Then, everything gets all quite. Someone will start to open their mouth, but then decide not to say it. Suddenly, Jax breaks the silence.

“Emeliegh, I am joining the Army.” Jax says flatly. We all get silent. My heart sinks. He is going to die out there. How can Stevie let this happen?

“What?” the four letter word slips out of my mouth. Then all of a sudden, my thoughts start spilling out of my mouth, “How could you?! You will die out there! I can’t risk my best friend! You can’t and won’t go!” tears fall down my face. I drop to the floor. They all drop too. My brother and Jax rub my back to comfort me.

“I know. But I have to help my country. I won’t die, I promise you.” He says. Then he walks away. We run after him but, he is out the door. As we reach the front door, the little car is already gone. Me and Stevie start to bawl. Brandyn is the only one there to calm us down. How could Jax just leave?

We go back inside after about an hour of wondering and crying. The three of us go sit on the chairs in the sitting room. We all stare at the TV. Jazzie comes up and curls up into a ball on my lap. I laugh, taking my some of my sorrow away. I stroke her soft fur. How do cats always know how and when to make you feel better?

I look up at my new parents and say, “Thank you, for everything. Thank you for adopting me, the awesome room and computer. And thank you most of all for adopting my best friends and brother. You guys are the best thing that has ever happened to me.” Then I look down, afraid I will start to cry form their sincere looks.

Maybe, life can have happy endings after all.

message 39: by Flameholly161 (new)

Flameholly161 | 153 comments awesome story... but how does it have anything to do with a five year old in an alley?

message 40: by Lydia (new)

Lydia I like it!

message 41: by Karin (new)

Karin | 235 comments Mod
oh
woops
sorry
i forgot i had set up a prompt.........
well i a disqualified
i guess lydia is going to win....

message 42: by Lydia (new)

Lydia It's a really good story, though! And, I may not win.. There's still Dimitrilover/TeamDimka/Mrs.Belikov's story.

message 43: by Karin (new)

Karin | 235 comments Mod
she said she wasn't finished though

message 44: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Oh, yeah.

message 45: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel OH
i forget all about the contest!!
i was planning on writing it this weekend
but i have 3 test, 1 speech and one essay for this week!
:(
guess i'll just have to wait for the next contest

message 46: by Flameholly161 (new)

Flameholly161 | 153 comments good news! i have continued on my short story and it will be done soon!! =D

message 47: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Yay!!!

message 48: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel congrats teamdimka
:>

message 49: by Flameholly161 (new)

Flameholly161 | 153 comments okay so i changed it around and added more so you might want to re-read it, cause I also changed the little girl's name

I was just walking home from Linda's party. I had no idea what would happen. It's not like I planned for it all to happen. It had been simple enough that I just didn't want a ride from Liz.
"Hey you want a ride Cassie?" Liz asked.
"No I need to some exercise, I'll walk home"
"Are you sure? You only live a block away from me" she said.
"I'm fine Liz, really. I'll see you tomorrow kay?" I asked.
"Sure, I'll pick you up at twelve" she said and walked out.
I grabbed my coat and my house keys and headed out the door. My house was only seven blocks away but I knew of an alleyway that would save me four blocks of walking. I headed toward the alley.
I was about two thirds of the way in when I saw a little girl with blonde banana curled hair. She turned her head to look at me and I saw she had bright blue eyes and was missing one of her teeth. She had to be about five years old. She stood up and I gasped in surprise.
She was wearing a white dress with white flowers on it, and a huge blood stain in the middle of the dress.
She had bruises along her arms and scratches on her legs. Her shoes were cute white sneakers, but they too had blood stains on them. I stared in shock at the little girl.
"Help me please" she said, and then she collapsed onto the ground unconscious. I pulled out my cell phone and dialed nine-one-one. After a few panicked moments of answering questions and what seemed like forever waiting for the ambulance, I finally ended up in a hospital room with the little girl, after they had fixed her up.
"Is she going to be ok?" I asked the doctor
"Yes she is. You found her just in time"
I sighed in relief and turned back to her. She looked so small and fragile. How did this happen? Who did this to her? How come she didn't try to find help? Who is she?
"Do you know who she is?" I asked.
"Her name is Katie Heren. She is five and her mother was arrested for drinking and killing her husband twenty years ago. When she got out she had a two daughters and bought a very small house around fifteen minutes away" he answered.
"Wow; how did you find all of that out?" I asked.
"It's all on her record when we plugged in her fingerprint scan" he replied. “Does anyone know you’re here?”
“No” I told him.
“Would you like us to contact your family?” he asked.
“No it’s fine. I’ll just call them on my cell phone” I told him. He nodded and walked out of the room. I took my phone out of my pocket and dialed home. My mom answered.
“Hello?” she asked.
“Hey mom it’s Cassandra” I said.
“Hey what’s up?” She asked me.
“I’m going to need you to come pick me up”
“Sure where are you?”
“I’m at the hospital” She cut me off before I got to say anything else.
“What? Why? Are you all right?” she asked me panicked.
“Mom I’m fine I will explain later, like when you come to pick me up”
“No! You will tell me…” I hung up on her. I was probably going to get in a lot of trouble for that but I’m just going to say I lost service. It works almost every time.
I heard a ruffling sound on the bed next to me and I turned around to see the girl moving a little. She had a lot of tubes attached to her. They were pumping blood into her and she had several bandages on her wounds. She was wearing one of those ugly hospital gowns and it did not suit her very well I can tell you that. It was an ugly green color and it was a little big on her.
She turned to face me and opened her eyes. She looked straight into my eyes and sat up. She looked very sleepy and I knew she would pass out again. “Thank you” she said. I was right. She passed out again.
I waited for about a half an hour and then my mom came. She somehow found out what room I was in and walked through the door. No surprise to me she was fuming when she entered. “Why did you hang up on me? Cassandra Ann Marlin you tell me what’s going on right now!” she yelled.
“Okay ok just lower the volume you don’t want to wake up Katie over there” I said and pointed to the little girl on the bed. My mom looked at her and then at me.
“Who is she?” she asked. I explained everything from leaving Linda’s party to thirty minutes ago. My mom just looked at me the entire time without saying a word. When I was done she continued to look at me but this time she actually said something.
“What are they going to with her? They can’t just send her back to her mother. She’s the most likely suspect” mom said.
“I don’t know. I didn’t ask. You can go ask now” I told her. I pointed outside the door. “The cops are just over there talking. You can ask them what they’ll do. My guess is they’ll wait for her to become conscious and ask her if she knows who did this to her. I didn’t really want to leave her in the alley or all alone in a hospital room so I just stayed here and waited for you to come. I want to be here when she wakes up though”
“Okay. I promise you can be here when she wakes up, but I’m still going to go ask them what they will do with her, and you’re just lucky it’s Friday, or I would have said no” she told me as she stood up. She turned around and headed out the door toward the cops and didn’t come back until twenty minutes later. I raised an eyebrow at her but she just shook her head and sat down again.
Finally, Katie woke up. She started panicking but when she saw me she calmed down a little. “Thank you” she said for a second time.
“Your welcome” I smiled at her and she smiled back. “Katie? Do you know who did this to you? We need to make sure they can’t do it again”
“My momma did. She was mad at me. She said she didn’t want me anymore. She said I was too much work. She hurt Lily too, but Lily ran away. Lily knew better. Lily’s older then me. She threw things at mom and got out. I was in my play pen. I couldn’t get out. So momma hurt me cause she said I made her hurt Lily. She said I made Lily run away. Lily said she would find me though. She said she would come back for me. Where’s Lily? Is she here?” She asked. She looked around and started crying.
The cops came in and my mother told them what Katie told us. Only one stayed with us while the other ones went to go arrest Katie’s mom. When she finally stopped crying she looked at me. “What will happen now?” she asked me.
“I don’t know Katie. I don’t know”

message 50: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel i wanna write a story
extend the date plz
:P
just 2 or 3 days
PLZ
i REALLY wanna write a story
i would write one tday but i have 2 tests tmrw