Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > "Separating" Editions?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline (bookbutterfly) | 7 comments Hi, all,

This is probably only my second time posting a topic here, so if I make a group faux pas, do forgive me!

I had combined editions of Violet Haberdasher's book Knightley Academy, but I did not realize until afterwards that we are not supposed to combine hardcover and eBook editions, which was exactly what I had done. When I went back to fix it, I separated the editions, but when I searched for the eBook edition, it was gone. It had a different cover from the hardcover, and I'm worried that it's gone off into some Goodreads cyberspace black hole. :P

Is this supposed to happen? Anyway I can retrieve it?

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 44132 comments Mod
Ebook and hardcover editions certainly should be combined.

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Also, pseudonyms do not get listed as author roles; they get listed in the description on the author's page.

message 5: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline (bookbutterfly) | 7 comments Oh! Odd! I couldn't find it when I searched, but thank you! Oh, I thought I saw a note that said they should NOT be combined.

The pseudonym was not my doing; it was there before. But I thought that was a little odd there anyway.

Thanks so much for your help, rivka! :D

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Jacqueline (Notes from the Nerdette) wrote: "The pseudonym was not my doing; it was there before."

Huh. Must have been an Amazon weirdness.

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Jacqueline (Notes from the Nerdette) wrote: "I couldn't find it when I searched, but thank you!"

Sometimes recently combined/separated editions don't show up properly in searches for a few hours. Probably a caching issue.

message 8: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline (bookbutterfly) | 7 comments ^Ah, I see. Thanks so much again! Ha, now I won't need to freak out too much next time that happens. :P