Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Question about never published books

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (hnybee411) | 5 comments I came across this item while cleaning up one of the authors.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/64...

I didn't touch the listing, but what is the appropriate way for books like this to be listed? Should it be left like it is or should the never published be taken off the title and just left in the description?

Thanks

Ralph Gallagher | 212 comments I believe it should be Not-a-book'd. But only if you're sure it hasn't been published and that it won't be published.

message 3: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments No, it looks like it was far enough along the announcement pipeline that it would be useful to readers who hear about it to have an official-ish word on the situation -- I recommend leaving it with the "never published" note it has now.

message 4: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (hnybee411) | 5 comments Cait wrote: "No, it looks like it was far enough along the announcement pipeline that it would be useful to readers who hear about it to have an official-ish word on the situation -- I recommend leaving it with..."

That's what I thought when i saw it had an ISBN and all that. Just wanted some verification. Thanks!