Young Writers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Write About a Picture

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Annemarie, hi (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 3393 comments Mod
I will post pictures and you write about a poem, story, uh, anything that comes to your mind when you see the picture. I'll post two options in case you don't like one. :)

And then every so often I'll update the pictures. So, if you have a suggestion for one we can use just email me at musicxdance23@yahoo.com or private message me. :DD

Oh, and before you write it, say which picture you are using.

So here we goes.

Picture One:

OR

Picture Two

message 2: by Anjali (new)

Anjali | 148 comments is it ok if we just post our own pics and write about it?

message 3: by Anjali (last edited Mar 30, 2010 05:39PM) (new)

message 4: by Laura (last edited Mar 30, 2010 03:01PM) (new)

Laura (xmagical) | 405 comments Ick, I just wrote this up super-quick about the first one... >.> I'm sneaking on, so I didn't have long. Oh well. Here goes.

The vivid colors quickly fade from my imagination, leaving only a drab grey in their place. I sigh sadly, recognizing the narrow streets and crowded pathways. I'm back in London, my home.

Or is it really? I have been so many places; done so many things. How can I still think of London, of all places, as home?

Amara, perhaps, could by considered my home. Even the word fills me with a feeling of well-being, and I think of my sisters and I, laughing by the fire as we did only moments ago.

Why? I wonder silently. Why can't I go back to when I thought there was only one world, back when everything made sense? The answer pops into my head almost immediately: London might not be home anymore, and Amara might never be either, but for an instant I see the two worlds, reflected. Amara, full of light and happiness, and London, drab and grey. Until a small light begins to sprout at the beginning of the darkness, a flower forming.

I realize that I am that flower, and have been sent back for the very same reason--to bring light. To bring joy, happiness, and hope to those who have none. And that is reason enough for me.

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura  | 911 comments Picture One:

I lean out of the window, over the railing, and fall down, down, down--down into the waters of the beautiful colored waters.

message 6: by Annemarie, hi (last edited Mar 31, 2010 05:12PM) (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 3393 comments Mod
Anjali wrote: "this will be my pic:
http://volcanista.files.wordpress.com..."

Eh. The point of it is to challenge your mind with the pictures that you don't pick. So you can think on the spot, sort of. So I'm going to say no.

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura  | 911 comments Poema Poematis wrote: "Picture One:

Janek and Laura watched away as Martin Luther King Jr. gave "I have a dream" speech in admiration. Their folks - whites - scowled at the African-American.

"Janek, I want to march wit..."

Laura!!!!!

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura  | 911 comments Marie wrote: "Prepare for the most AWESOME thing you have ever read in your life. Drumroll please...

Picture two:

BANG!!!

Are you amazed yet? ;P"

I am definitely amazed!

message 9: by Laura (new)

Laura  | 911 comments :P I love when I see my name in writing. It's funny!

message 10: by Laura (new)

Laura  | 911 comments I actually was reading a short story in class this week and it had my name in it.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

is this the feeling is this the sight you see when you die a star of light.

death

epic

lord loss

Demons

Wolves

blood

entrails

It was so epic it couldn't be seen by anyone but me only few words are visible

message 12: by Laura (new)

Laura  | 911 comments um. How would demons, blood, and entrails be related to a glorious explosion of brilliant light that brings hope and everything good? Like Pandora's box--reversed.

message 13: by Cutter100 (last edited Apr 01, 2010 06:49PM) (new)

Cutter100 | 52 comments Picture One:

It's amazing what can happen in a place, yet never show. The colors of the leaves on the sidewalk, the sounds of children walking down the street and laughing, as I once did, all a magnificent show hiding the truth beneath all of it, the pain. All I lost. All that was taken from me. This is the last place I ever saw.

Perhaps this could be the beginning of a story, or something.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Laura wrote: "um. How would demons, blood, and entrails be related to a glorious explosion of brilliant light that brings hope and everything good? Like Pandora's box--reversed."

see thats how good it is you would never have guessed

message 15: by Carson (new)

Carson T (carsont) Picture One:

My world is so odd. It is absolutely colorless, black and white and the in between. But when you looked into a gathering of water, say a pool or a puddle then the world is bursting with color. It is like we are on the wrong side of the puddle, or magic has sucked all our color and put it into water.

message 16: by Laura (new)

Laura  | 911 comments Raven add me cuz friends are fun wrote: "Laura wrote: "um. How would demons, blood, and entrails be related to a glorious explosion of brilliant light that brings hope and everything good? Like Pandora's box--reversed."

see thats how ..."

I thought the point was to guess....

message 17: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments Picture 1:
Shadows fall over crowd
Silence sweeps the nation wide
Everywhere is at night
Everyone tries to hide

But darkness does not prevail;
All the ones who see take flight,
For by the power of the sun,
There is color and light!

Picture 2:
Blinding, screaming
Feel the sensation
Running, gasping
Sweeping the nation

Nor good or bad
No one is in a triumphant motion
For it strikes fear and wonder in one man's heart,
Behold the spetacular explosion!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Picture 1: The world outside this box I live in is said to be marvelous. People tell me it's filled with color, but through my mind's eye, it's black and white, shades of gray. Because if the world is colorful, it matches this box, with it's perfect houses, perfect mountains, perfect lakes, perfect forests, perfect people, all filled with color. No one would thing of gray as perfect and that's exactly what I need. Gray, languages, words, music,cultures, and a little spontaneity to keep me sane.

message 19: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments I'll write something short about the first picture again:
Gray. It is a color, just it blends in with all the colors. Black and white stand out just as much, but no one ceases to notice them. Color is confusing. Black, white, and gray calm me. Color is extravagant, forever moving. But you can get caught up in it. But I stay with my shades of dullness, leaving all my cares of the world reflecting colors.

message 20: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments Picture two (again):

Leaping, drifting
Slipping away
Giggling, laughter
Here to stay

Darkness, nighttime
Going on the run
Lights shine out
Now it's time for fun

message 21: by Laika (new)

Laika picture 2:
This is what happens when I eat too many cheetos and play wii until 2 a.m. THIS.

message 22: by Laika (new)

Laika hahaha

message 23: by Laika (new)

Laika true words of wisdom :P

message 24: by Laika (new)

Laika rlly? well I'm totally a nighttime person. I don't have a wii though.

message 25: by Laika (new)

Laika oh.

message 26: by Laika (new)

Laika I feel really really energetic at night and have rlly good night vision O.o

message 27: by Laika (new)

Laika A sad deformed seal looks up at the skyline, colourful, bright, loud,lively
it is all these things, but it is fake. It is not home.

message 28: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments Picture #3

Nothing compared to this. Not the lights of New York, not the neon signs of Las Vegas, not the firework spetacular held on the 4th of July. As I looked through that telescope, I knew: that was my future.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.