What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Event
This topic is about The Event
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. the incident / the event, man explaining why he murdered [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kate (katespofford) | 258 comments The title of this was very plain and boring, something like "The Incident" or "The Event," and the incident the male narrator is talking about is how he snapped and killed somebody (or otherwise went off the deep end), in other words, the event. I seem to recall the book being older, possibly published anytime between the 60s and the early 90s. This was an adult book.

Of course searching for this title is like a needle in a haystack... I may not even have the right title, but I definitely need an author to figure out what book this is.

message 2: by Mir (new)

Mir | 712 comments And it definitely is not Camus' The Stranger?

message 3: by karen (new)

karen (karenbrissette) | 58 comments this could be any one of patrick mcgrath's books, really, but maybe the grotesque??

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23...

Kate (katespofford) | 258 comments No, I love The Stranger and I know this is not the book. I don't think it is The Grotesque either... The title was definitely some kind of synonym for event or incident or occurence...

message 5: by Diana (new)

Diana Welsch | 529 comments I would say Something Happened by Joseph Heller, except that dude is talking about whatever comes to mind...

Kate (katespofford) | 258 comments Ha! That is the book that reminded me of this one!

On second thought, I may have read this book in college, although at that point I was recording all the books I read... so the pub. date may have been as late as 1998-99, although I feel like I read a used copy.

message 7: by Kevyn (new)

Kevyn Kate,

Is it _The Collector_ by John Fowles? I don't notice it on your "read" list... I read it in college.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24...

Kate (katespofford) | 258 comments "The Collector" sounds familiar (hopefully not because of "Silence of the Lambs"...). I'll check into it

Kate (katespofford) | 258 comments I found it! The Event by Don Silverman. I realized that my library catalog system had a way to do truncated searches. Yay! thanks everyone for the suggestions.