Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Archived/Extinct Discussions > Smooth Face or Beard? Either?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 4144 comments Mod
I don't mind if the hero has a five o'clock shadow. It depends on the man, I think that's sexy.

Please no beard.

I didn't like reading, where Sam had a beard. It better be a beard that I am thinking about and not a handlebar mustache.

No mustache either.

I like the face clean or five o'clock shadow.

Jessica  `~Blahyze~` I agree 100% with you Arch.

When I think of Beard's they make me think of old guys in their 50's on motocycles with greying beards that look like they have some kind of plant that has decided to attach itself to their face and growing off of their chins.

I don't mind a goatee though.

message 3: by Arch (new)

Jessica `~Blahyze~` wrote: "I agree 100% with you Arch.

When I think of Beard's they make me think of old guys in their 50's on motocycles with greying beards that look like they have some kind of plant that has decided t..."

lol, a plant attached to the man's face.

Do you like a light goatee or heavy goatee?

message 4: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 272 comments NO beards!!! A goatee is acceptable, 5 o'clock shadow is acceptable, a mustache is acceptable, but, absolutely NO beards!

message 5: by Arch (new)

Yes, no beard on the hero.

message 6: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Lol. I like scruffy. A full-on beard is generally a no-no. I do have to say though that some men just look better with facial hair. Take Tom Selleck for example. Take away his facial hair and he's not half as attractive!

message 7: by Arch (new)

Fabio's Floozy (Michelle M.) wrote: "Lol. I like scruffy. A full-on beard is generally a no-no. I do have to say though that some men just look better with facial hair. Take Tom Selleck for example. Take away his facial hair and he's ..."

I agree with you about Tom Selleck, he looks better with facial hair.

I don't want my heroes to have a beard. That's too much hair on the face.

message 8: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 1706 comments Mod
I can take em or leave em but generally I prefer the no beard look. I'm not ok with 5 o'clock shadows during the amorous scenes. I know how it feels. At least with a beard its softer and doesn't hurt. But this is not real life so I guess it doesn't really matter :)

message 9: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 702 comments I have noticed that there are times when the hero has a beard, it is usually when something happened and he has turned recluse due to bad things. Then something else happens that prompts him to reenter society to get back at someone. So at first he has the old man grizzly beard and then soon after it gets shaved off.

message 10: by Arch (new)

If the hero has to have a beard, before shaving it off, I rather the light beard that Dr. Hodgins is wearing on Bones. He use to have the thick beard.

I don't want the hero to be walking around with the thick beard.

message 11: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 9734 comments Mod
I don't like facial hair. I admit some guys look sexy with it, like Ryan Reynolds in Blade Trinity. I don't mind Vishous's goatee. But, generally I shave a hero with facial hair. I hate mustaches! I don't mind stubble.

message 12: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Darcy wrote: "I have noticed that there are times when the hero has a beard, it is usually when something happened and he has turned recluse due to bad things. Then something else happens that prompts him to re..."

So true, Darcy!

message 13: by Sans (new)

Sans I think it really depends on the character and the circumstances. I personally prefer a 5 o'clock shadow or some stubble when I'm with a man (I was constantly asking my ex to not shave on the days when we'd see each other). It's a little creepy to me when his skin is as smooth or even smoother than mine. ^o^

For books, I've generally been fine with whatever the author has decided the character should have. Oh, except one. I read this awful dark ages book a while ago where the character was HAIRY. The girl kept thinking that he looked like a bear, had hair in his ears, hairy nostrils, bushy eyebrows and she was starting to be attracted to him. That was a little much for me. Then he shaved and magically ALL his extra hair was gone. It was gross at first and totally unbelievable after his transformation. I mean, did they have back waxing in the 10th century? I think not.

message 14: by Arch (new)

I was going to start a thread about hairy men.

Please no hairy chest or back or even nose.

message 15: by Sans (new)

Sans Hairy shoulders/back are a deal breaker for me, in fiction and real life. We have amazing inventions called waxing and laser hair removal. Please, guys. Use them!

message 16: by Arch (new)

Sans wrote: "Hairy shoulders/back are a deal breaker for me, in fiction and real life. We have amazing inventions called waxing and laser hair removal. Please, guys. Use them!"

Yes, please get rid of the hair.

message 17: by Pickles (last edited Mar 22, 2010 10:53AM) (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) As a short answer, it depends. I don't mind a goatee, mustache, or 5-o'clock shadow. My husband looks better with a mustache/goatee than with a smooth face. He looks way too young when he shaves everything off. I think a full, nicely trimmed beard looks good on some men, but it's definitely not my preference. As far as heroes are concerned, it doesn't make any difference to me if he does/doesn't have facial hair. It wouldn't bother me to read about/watch a hero with a beard.

message 18: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Ackk!! The back hair! Oh, Sans, you had to go there!

::heebiejeebies::

message 19: by Sans (new)

Sans Ah, sorry Michelle! I tend to go to the places most people would rather not talk about. ^_^;

message 20: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Me too! But back hair. Oh, the humanity.

message 21: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Meanwhile, chest hair I like. Even prefer it.

message 22: by Sans (new)

Sans I think it depends on the amount for me. Totally smooth is okay (hi David Boreanaz!) but a full out shag carpet is going a bit far for me. I think my maximum comfort is "moderately hairy chest". I need to be able to see skin under the hair.

Ick. Now I'm thinking about hairy feet.

message 23: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I can't deal with a rug-hairy chest. Back hair is icky. Sorry, I'm shallow in that sense.

message 24: by Sans (new)

Sans Not shallow! Just knowledgeable about what you do and don't like. ^_~

message 25: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 702 comments It is funny that you girls are talking the ape like hairiness. The last guy I dated was like this. When I first met him you couldn't tell. I don't think that I had an opinion of this until then, but now I can safely say, ewwww!!!!

message 26: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I think I lean towards guys that are less hairy, partially because I love Asian/Native American men. Might account for my dislike of facial hair, too hairy chests.

message 27: by Arch (new)

Asian and Native American men tend to be hairless.

message 28: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Yup!

message 29: by Arch (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Yup!"

And sexy

message 30: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Yup, again!

message 31: by Arch (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Yup, again!"

:)

message 32: by Nisha (new)

Nisha (parakisu) | 35 comments Really? I've seen some hairy asians though.

I think that as long things don't get stuck in the hairs, its passable. A weird pet peeve of mine is to see hairy guys wear shorts. I nearly gag at these times.

I hate mustaches. with a passion. They are much grosser than beards, though I don't mind sparse facial hair. Afterall, a smooth face wouldn't be manly.

message 33: by Arch (new)

Nisha wrote: "Really? I've seen some hairy asians though.

I think that as long things don't get stuck in the hairs, its passable. A weird pet peeve of mine is to see hairy guys wear shorts. I nearly gag at the..."

I have never seen a hair Asian man.

A smooth face would be manly to me.

message 34: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 1706 comments Mod
I have a red headed hubby and he is hairy but u don't notice it on him like u would a dark haired man.

Jessica  `~Blahyze~` Arch wrote: "Jessica `~Blahyze~` wrote: "I agree 100% with you Arch.

When I think of Beard's they make me think of old guys in their 50's on motocycles with greying beards that look like they have some kind..."

I like a light goatee.

message 36: by Arch (new)

Jessica `~Blahyze~` wrote: "I like a light goatee."

A light goatee wouldn't be bad.

message 37: by Nisha (last edited Mar 22, 2010 06:43PM) (new)

Nisha (parakisu) | 35 comments Arch wrote: "Nisha wrote: "Really? I've seen some hairy asians though.

I think that as long things don't get stuck in the hairs, its passable. A weird pet peeve of mine is to see hairy guys wear shorts. I n..."

They exist, but not to the extent of other races. Just a little more than normal and it actually looks really strange because they have such smooth looking skin. not all of course, but generally

message 38: by Arch (new)

Nisha wrote: "They exist, but not to the extent of other races. Just a little more than normal and it actually looks really strange because they have such smooth looking skin. not all of course, but generally"

No hairy Asian men. The smooth ones will do.

message 39: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Nisha wrote: "Really? I've seen some hairy asians though.

I think that as long things don't get stuck in the hairs, its passable. A weird pet peeve of mine is to see hairy guys wear shorts. I nearly gag at the..."

Nisha, you crack me up. I have a pet peeve about men in sandals. It looks unmanly to me. And flip flops? Shudder!

message 40: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) I was trying to find a good example of the right amount of hair and I think I fried my eyeballs at some of the images that came up. But along the way I found!

Justin Hills. Filipino-British. Is nice. I like.

[image error]

message 41: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Ohhh!!! I have the same problem with men in sandals. Feet don't skeeve me. Put those same tootsies into sandals and I am ickified.

message 42: by Arch (last edited Mar 22, 2010 08:27PM) (new)

Fabio's Floozy (Michelle M.) wrote: "I was trying to find a good example of the right amount of hair and I think I fried my eyeballs at some of the images that came up. But along the way I found!

Justin Hills. Filipino-British. Is ..."

lol, Fabio, you've fried your eyeballs looking at hot men? You better go see a doctor!

message 43: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Oh, nice!

Thanks Michelle, for making me not feel too weird. I thought I was the only one with the men in sandals phobia.

message 44: by Nisha (new)

Nisha (parakisu) | 35 comments Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Oh, nice!

Thanks Michelle, for making me not feel too weird. I thought I was the only one with the men in sandals phobia."

You are not alone. Sandals are so not sexy. Especially with hobbit feet. *shudder. I think the velcro strappy things are the worst. I try to convince my family members to avoid them and somehow I fail everytime. How can these contraptions even be slightly attractive?

Goes to tell you, I just like my men covered - legs, feet, hairy chests. I just hate guys in shorts. especially the kinds that end above the knew. and khakis. Am I alone on that?

message 45: by Arch (new)

I don't mind a man wearing knee or a little below the knee shorts. Being bowlegged wouldn't hurt either.

message 46: by Nisha (new)

Nisha (parakisu) | 35 comments Arch wrote: "I don't mind a man wearing knee or a little below the knee shorts. Being bowlegged wouldn't hurt either."

THAT I allow for swim trunks. Or if they have nice calves. Now I feel really weird

message 47: by Arch (new)

A man can look cute in shorts. Hugh Jackmann is a prime example of that.

message 48: by Nisha (new)

Nisha (parakisu) | 35 comments Arch wrote: "A man can look cute in shorts. Hugh Jackmann is a prime example of that."

In swim trunks, hell yea. Shorts? I don't remember seeing him in any.

It's mainly seeing the rainforest that kills me. Guys with nice legs and less hair look pretty nice in shorts. But how many guys have that perfect proportion of hair?

message 49: by Arch (new)

Nisha wrote: "In swim trunks, hell yea. Shorts? I don't remember seeing him in any.

It's mainly seeing the rainforest that kills me. Guys with nice legs and less hair look pretty nice in shorts. But how many guys have that perfect proportion of hair?"

They have a lot of men that look good in shorts.

message 50: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Nisha wrote: "Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Oh, nice!

Thanks Michelle, for making me not feel too weird. I thought I was the only one with the men in sandals phobia."

You are not alone. Sandals are so n..."

I can't stand those velcro sandals. They are just wrong on men. But flip flops are the ultimate no-no on a man.

I don't think most men look good in shorts. I'd tend to agree.

« previous 1