Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2010 Challenge Archive > April- Pick It For Me! Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 480 (480 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

message 1: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments What's a Pick-It-For-Me Challenge?
It's a group recommend a book thing - works just like a Secret Santa or Xmas Exchange, except that the gift is replaced by a book recommendation. Just like in Secret Santa, the givee-giver pairings are randomly assigned. So whomever you get, you recommend a book for them. Preferably it should be something new and unfamiliar to your givee, NOT a book from their to-read list - the point is to introduce new books and new authors. In return, you'll have a book recommended to you (sometimes you might get a few options to choose from). After you're done reading your Pick-It-For-Me book, a short post with some feedback - a mini-review of sorts would be appreciated.

For this challenge, you need either HAVE YOUR PROFILE SET TO PUBLIC (preferable) or make the person who'd be doing the recommending to you your friend. On top of that, I strongly advise keeping your bookshelves updated, otherwise you might end up with a recommendation for something that you have already read.

Signing up period will remain open until the 29th. You'll have time until ~the 2nd to make your recommendations. Everything will be done in this thread so check it often. Also, please be sure you really want to participate. Once I pair up people, it makes it difficult to re-pair when someone decides not to participate.

message 2: by Rossy (last edited Mar 30, 2010 07:42AM) (new)

message 3: by Rossy (last edited Apr 02, 2010 07:19PM) (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments *********************************************
SIGN-UP IS NOW OFFICIALLY CLOSED

Members listed below will pick for each other using the mentor method!

13. Barbara (3004)*/44. Jessica ‎(8)*
54. Rossy (2147)*/23. Anna (15)*
24. BJ Rose ‎(1421)*/46. Kingzkid (36)*
12. Diane (1161)*/10. NewMoonGirl ‎(44)*
53. Annie ‎(1047)*/49. Sarah (52)*
32. LethalLovely ‎(908)*/48. Bridgette ‎(71)*
27. Annvelwis ‎(801)*/22. Lili (75)*
7. Ari (692)*/8. Jennefer ‎(80)*
34. Cathy ‎(648)*/29. KimKirt (81)*
2. Yz the Whyz (519)*/39. Nicole ‎(100)*
19. Amanda(507)*/45. Angelique (105)*
17. Photojim ‎(473)*/4. Elke (105)*
26. AvidReader:) ‎(454)*/16. Gigi ‎(113)
33. Sara (443)*/25. Rachel ‎(116)*
31. Delicious Dee ‎(402)*/21. Sherrill ‎(118)*
36. Carolyn F (365)/5. Bianca (143)*
52. Kristine ‎‎(346)*/3. Katherine (145)
6. Valerie ‎(344)*/9. Britta (146)*
28. Nairabell ‎(289)*/40. Julie (154)*
18. Emily (268)*/47. Jaimie (155)*
30. Amelia (264)*/15. Regina ‎(162)*
35. Debbie ‎(263)*/37. Penney (203)*
11. Harper (234)*/51. Sherry(209)*
14. Leah (218)*/1. Pollyanna ‎(208)*
42. Sandy ‎(213)*/50. Juhi(35)*
20. Ahrcadia ‎(180)*/43. Morgan ‎(85)*
38. Geraldine/41. Anna Motteler

Note:
(@) = accepts any suggestions or nudges for a book already in TBR shelf.
(PB) = prefers paperback book format
(K)/(E) = prefers kindle or ebook format

Diane(@)(PB)
Gigi(@)
Emily(@)
Amanda(@)
Leah(@)(PB)
NewMoonGirl (@)
Yz the Whyz (@)
Annvelwis (@)
Nairabell (@)
KimKirt (@)(PB)
Delicious Dee (@)
Debbie (@)
Penney (@)
Angelique (@)

message 4: by Pollyanna (new)

Pollyanna (polly8) | 300 comments I'm in again

message 5: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments I'm in!

message 6: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (kebrand0112) I'm in! :)

message 7: by Elke (new)

Elke (ejurca) | 1810 comments I am in this time!

message 8: by Rossy (last edited Mar 30, 2010 10:24AM) (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments Welcome back ladies! I have a surprise pairing method for you this month.

Glad you can join us Elke!

message 9: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (cykia) Count me in!

message 10: by Valerie (last edited Mar 20, 2010 07:53AM) (new)

Valerie | 295 comments I'm in.

message 11: by Ari (new)

Ari (moochew12) | 159 comments Already time? I'm in.

message 12: by Jennefer (new)

Jennefer (jenneferpracticex3) | 247 comments Im in!

NewMoonGirl (Hazel) (newmoongirl88) | 16 comments I'm in again! :)

message 14: by Britta (new)

Britta (macdeath) In it to win it :3

message 15: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 387 comments I'm in! And this reminds me that I should probably get to reading the book that was chosen for me this month. LOL.

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (jim_formerly_photojim) | 5294 comments I'm in if I can have a condition. I really enjoy this challenge, but I'll be in Los Angeles2 for the first week of April. I don't know how much, if any, access I'll have to the internet. It may be fine, but I may not be able to make a recommendation until the 6th. I'm just letting you know that if you'll accept me into the challenge, the person I'm paired with runs the risk of not having a recommendation for a few days.

message 17: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 1448 comments I'm in. I need paperback for my recommendation though. Thanks! (and I'm ok with something from my TBR pile).

message 18: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3612 comments I'll go once more.

message 19: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) I am definitely in again. And I don't mind if any of my recs are from my TBR list, but I don't do eBooks.

message 20: by Regina (new)

Regina Polli | 177 comments I`m in! I'm ok with something from my TBR pile too.

message 21: by Gigi (new)

Gigi | 1149 comments Count me in. TBR or something new.

message 22: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments Bianca wrote: "Count me in!"

Gawd, i almost had a heart attack trying to figure out where your post went Bianca. If anyone changes their name please let me know here so i can make the change on the list!

message 23: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments Photojim wrote: "I'm in if I can have a condition. I really enjoy this challenge, but I'll be in Los Angeles2 for the first week of April. I don't know how much, if any, access I'll have to the internet. It may ..."

I don't think that's a problem,Jim. As you know, the waiting is bad when you don't know if the person who is supposed to pick for you will be able to. Knowing when reassures the person that you'll be able to do it, just in a few days later.

message 24: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments Gigi wrote: "Count me in. TBR or something new."

Welcome back, ladies!

I'm making notes of your preferences in terms of TBR and format, so don't worry i'll make sure to note it with the pairing list.

message 25: by Emily (new)

Emily Oh, okay. *LoL* I'm in the process of acquiring/reading this month's selection, but glutton for punishment I am, I'm ready and willing to sign up for next month. hehe Anything from my TBR list is welcomed as is anything COMPLETELY different. I'm fairly easy to please. ;^D

message 26: by Amanda A (new)

Amanda A | 769 comments I'm in! TBR or something new is fine with me.

message 27: by Arcadia (new)

Arcadia Barrile (braintasiabooks) I'm in, and I'm fine with pretty much anything except for e-books. And, since I'll have to scrounge up enough money to buy the book I pick, I'm also fine with waiting :)

message 28: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments Emily wrote: "Oh, okay. *LoL* I'm in the process of acquiring/reading this month's selection, but glutton for punishment I am, I'm ready and willing to sign up for next month. hehe Anything from my TBR list is w..."

I know what you mean, am in the same boat! *LAUGHS*

message 29: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments Ahrcadia ~(Fhantasie)~ wrote: "I'm in, and I'm fine with pretty much anything except for e-books. And, since I'll have to scrounge up enough money to buy the book I pick, I'm also fine with waiting :)"

I'll make a note of it ladies!

NewMoonGirl (Hazel) (newmoongirl88) | 16 comments I forgot to add that im fine with a recommendation from my TBR list or something completely new :)

message 31: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Me, too, Rossy! TBR list or totally new will be fine.

message 32: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments I have you ladies too now!

message 33: by Sherrill (new)

Sherrill Please sign me up!

message 34: by Lili (new)

Lili | 343 comments Count me in please!

message 35: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments Done!

message 36: by Anna (new)

Anna (goanna) | 5 comments suure count me in :)

message 37: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (bjrose) | 4413 comments Me, too, please!

message 38: by KaMi (new)

KaMi (katmiv) I'm definitely in! This is one of my favorite reading challenges. :)

message 39: by AvidReader:) (new)

AvidReader:) Im in.. Sign me up!

message 40: by Annvelwis (new)

Annvelwis | 671 comments Im in :) TBR or something new.

message 41: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 433 comments I'm in - but can it please be something from my TBR? My Mum's threatening to kill me if I buy any more books! :)

message 42: by KimKirt (new)

KimKirt | 1638 comments I'm in too! PB or TBR is fine with me. Thanks! (and if you want to have PhotoJim rec for me that's fine, I don't mind waiting until the 6th/after).

message 43: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments Rachel wrote: "I'm definitely in! This is one of my favorite reading challenges. :)"

Welcome back, so glad you think so!

message 44: by Rossy (last edited Mar 21, 2010 05:42AM) (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments Nairabell wrote: "I'm in - but can it please be something from my TBR? My Mum's threatening to kill me if I buy any more books! :)"

I got you ladies too!

Not to worry, Nairabell. I'll make a note of it, we want you to stay in one piece. ^.^

message 45: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments KimKirt wrote: "I'm in too! PB or TBR is fine with me. Thanks! (and if you want to have PhotoJim rec for me that's fine, I don't mind waiting until the 6th/after)."

Thanks Kim, i'll make a note of it!

See Jim, nothing to worry about. We have you covered!

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (jim_formerly_photojim) | 5294 comments I wasn't worrying, Rossy. In all probability, I'll have my picks posted by the 1st. But I'm just noting the outside chance. As an alternative, I don't leave until late afternoon on the 31st. If you'd let me know a day early with whom I'll be paired, I'll post ahead of time.

message 47: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 26 comments In like sin!

message 48: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments Photojim wrote: "I wasn't worrying, Rossy. In all probability, I'll have my picks posted by the 1st. But I'm just noting the outside chance. As an alternative, I don't leave until late afternoon on the 31st. If..."

Will do, Jim!

message 49: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments Amelia wrote: "In like sin!"

Our only sin is our obsession to read, so welcome! :ROFL:

message 50: by Gigi (new)

Gigi | 1149 comments Rossy wrote: "Gigi wrote: "Count me in. TBR or something new."

Welcome back, ladies!

I'm making notes of your preferences in terms of TBR and format, so don't worry i'll make sure to note it with the pair..."

Thanks! I'm excited! Woo hoooo!!!!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10